Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum M440i GC Europe pricing - kind of a pickle

10-12-2023, 05:03 AM   #1
blue_seather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G26 M440i xDrive

M440i GC Europe pricing - kind of a pickle

I've been eyeing the M440i GC for quite a while now but was really let down when the local dealers here in Bulgaria told me that they no longer offered up to 20% discounts like they used to and one could only get 10% off the price for non-EVs on company leases only which didn't really work for me.

I stumbled upon the Hungary dealers however, where the car was literally 20% cheaper than in my country. I even heard from some German folks who ordered from there that they often gave a 5% discount too. Even when I was in Hungary myself and talked to the dealer recently they told me "feel free to reach out to us and we can talk discounts too", meaning they would definitely discount the car at least a little bit.

The price for a full stacked M440i GC there has just dropped even further and is currently sitting at 67 776 euro prior to discounts and the Bulgarian price for the same car is 87 992 euro which is absolutely mindboggling. The Hungarian price used to be slightly above 70k but it seems to be dropping for some reason.

It's now even cheaper than a maxed out M340i which makes no sense and has never been the case! And funnily, the price discrepancy between my country and Hungary is now sitting at a staggering 28.5%. And my country is quite a bit poorer too, which makes no sense whatsoever. The Hungarian price seems to align with the UK price and our price seems to align with the German one (although I heard they gave out 20%+ discounts).

Originally, I made up my mind to order next year when the LCI comes out. I know myself and I'll not like it if there was something newer in the market and I've got the older one, even if the changes are absolutely minimal. Also, I'd really like to have Matrix and iDrive 8.5. Also, my leasing company told me that if I were to order from another country I'd have to pay the whole VAT of the car as a pre-payment (which in Hungary's case is quite a lot - 27%), instead of the usual 10%. And that sum is currently a bit out of my comfort prior to selling my old car, so waiting for the LCI made even more sense. Then again, a new model for my car is about to be announced in 3 weeks so by next year reselling it might take a huge hit too.

However, is this some sort of a weird abnormality that should be capitalized on fast? Is there a chance even though the LCI will have lower production costs due to dropping the lasers, that it will get a price bump of 5k+ euro, for example?

Also, has anyone here ordered from a different country? Is there any chance of getting extended warranty and service plans if you do so and where do you have to get them if so? In the country the car is bought from or rather in your own country?

P.S. Looks like the price of the same car in the UK is 62 684 euro. Even lower than Hungary. 40.4% lower than the price in Bulgaria. That's insane. Unfortunately, can't order from there, as the wheel is on the other end of the vehicle. All prices I've mentioned are calculated in net, with a 20% Bulgarian VAT on top.

P.S.2 Price in Germany, on the other hand, is out of this world - 91 631 euro. Wow... 46.2% higher than the UK price.

Last edited by blue_seather; 10-12-2023 at 06:08 AM..
Appreciate 0