Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G80 M3 Sedan Forum (2019+) What's holding you over until the next M3/M4?

07-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #155
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
My G30 530e was supposed to be the boring car that holds me until the new M3, but last night, something monumental happened...

The 2020 mid-engine Vette Stingray... what a gorgeous car at a bargain bin price (starting at under 60k). If it drives and sounds as well as everyone expects it will, I'll retain the G30 as the commuter and get me a manual Vette.

BMW and I are drifting apart, and I feel like the continued Lexusification effort is a bridge too far for me.
I guess no one has told you there will not likely be a manual Vette. NA V8? Yes. RWD? Yes. 0-60 in 2.8? Yes. Manual. No. Some say the chassis/frame design and oil sump (I believe) make it impossible in current form. Not sure this has been 100% confirmed/denied.

There is no such thing as a perfect car lol.
The jury is still out on the MT C8, but I'm sure we'll get confirmation soon enough.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #156
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 M6 GC CP

Quote:
Quote:
I guess no one has told you there will not likely be a manual Vette. NA V8? Yes. RWD? Yes. 0-60 in 2.8? Yes. Manual. No. Some say the chassis/frame design and oil sump (I believe) make it impossible in current form. Not sure this has been 100% confirmed/denied.

No manual Vette? What? Sacrebleu!

A mid-engine NA V8 with DCT still sounds infinitely better than what I am seeing from the new M3/M4. By the way, as far as I am aware, BMW still hasn't confirmed availability of the third pedal, so we could looking at auto vs DCT in this regard.
Yeah ... a few of the journalists have commented on this .. granted they aren't engineers but do have a way better idea than me.... they could always redesign some of the crap under there ... how hard could it be?

I just had a crazy idea ... clutch and shift by wire!? haha *flame suit donned*

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #157
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My G30 530e was supposed to be the boring car that holds me until the new M3, but last night, something monumental happened...

The 2020 mid-engine Vette Stingray... what a gorgeous car at a bargain bin price (starting at under 60k). If it drives and sounds as well as everyone expects it will, I'll retain the G30 as the commuter and get me a manual Vette.

BMW and I are drifting apart, and I feel like the continued Lexusification effort is a bridge too far for me.

The jury is still out on the MT C8, but I'm sure we'll get confirmation soon enough.
Yeah I certainly don't know for sure but a few journalists commented on it "not looking possible" but they could always be wrong or maybe they'll do some design tweaks to make it happen

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #158
Astro_train
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 M4

After seeing the renditions of the new M3 with the International truck style grill, a lot of people won't be holding out til anything
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #159
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro_train View Post
After seeing the renditions of the new M3 with the International truck style grill, a lot of people won't be holding out til anything
It can't be right ... m3 seems like a bad car to test "will the people love it or hate it?" Theory bc of the history it has... just too aggressive, they'll dial it back from that a lot I think.

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #160
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro_train View Post
It can't be right ... m3 seems like a bad car to test "will the people love it or hate it?" Theory bc of the history it has... just too aggressive, they'll dial it back from that a lot I think.
Remember this is also applicable the new 4-Series, so BMW is playing a risky game indeed.
Appreciate 0