Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

03-22-2020, 04:33 AM   #89
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaters View Post
I think at the moment there's a real risk of the dealership having to close due to the lock down and not being able to deliver the car
I think that they'll be allowed to remain open, at least the service departments will, as mechanics would be deemed essential services. What we might see is delivery of cars and servicing to continue albeit on reduced capacity.

Also the pressure to deliver cars (so they get paid) will be desirable for both them and the Australian economy.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:42 AM   #90
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Not that I’m thinking of doing this, but is there a standard rule about what is an unacceptable delay before the buyer can cancel their order and get the deposit back?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 05:09 AM   #91
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Hi swaters I am trying to be positive lets hope that does not happen.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 05:12 AM   #92
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Slideit
In your offer to purchase contract

Point 5 states

The Dealer will use its best endeavors to acquire the Vehicle by the Estimated Delivery Date shown in Part One, but will not be liable to the Purchaser in any way for any delay or failure of delivery.
The Dealer will notify the Purchaser when the Vehicle is available for delivery. The Purchaser must take delivery at the Dealer’s premises and pay the Balance owing within 7 days of the notification unless
otherwise agreed. If the Purchaser defaults under this Agreement, then the Dealer may terminate this Agreement by notice in writing to the Purchaser, and the provisions of clause 9 will apply.
If the Dealer has not notified the Purchaser that the Vehicle is available for delivery within 90 days of the Estimate Delivery Date, the Purchaser may by notice in writing to the Dealer rescind this Agreement,
whereupon the Dealer must refund all monies paid by the Purchaser under this Agreement.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #93
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

In my contract if they don't deliver it by the agreed date in the contract , then they will give me a hire car until it comes,
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 05:13 PM   #94
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
Hi Slideit
In your offer to purchase contract

... the Purchaser may by notice in writing to the Dealer rescind this Agreement,
whereupon the Dealer must refund all monies paid by the Purchaser under this Agreement.
Thanks firetitan. My contract wording is different, I haven't found anything about full refund of the 90 days. Either way my estimate is 15 April, so 90 days after that is along time!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #95
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

So close it's landing at Melbourne this morning!! Next stop port Kembla!! Hope not too long for the NSW people
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 10:18 PM   #96
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
The eagle has landed!
The Prominent Ace has docked in Melbourne.
      03-22-2020, 10:49 PM   #97
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
The eagle has landed!
The Prominent Ace has docked in Melbourne.
Woohoo! SteveAus , let us know if your car shows any movement on the PrixCar tracker?

Hopefully Prominent Ace sets sail later today for NSW. My partner's car is on the Hoegh Tracer, which left Melbourne at 2AM today bound for Port Kembla NSW (arriving tomorrow night).

Also confirmed with my dealer that it's BAU for transport and themselves with regards to the Government shutdown
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 11:30 PM   #98
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Woohoo! SteveAus , let us know if your car shows any movement on the PrixCar tracker?

Hopefully Prominent Ace sets sail later today for NSW. My partner's car is on the Hoegh Tracer, which left Melbourne at 2AM today bound for Port Kembla NSW (arriving tomorrow night).

Also confirmed with my dealer that it's BAU for transport and themselves with regards to the Government shutdown
Checked Prixcar earlier, but was probably a bit optimistic, as the ship had docked only an hour so beforehand.
As soon I see any movement on Prixcar, I’ll let you know.
Yes, I was pleased to see that road freight should be unaffected by the state border closures.
As of today, I am looking at a delivery date of 10th April, but I’m not counting my chickens just yet.
      03-23-2020, 01:07 AM   #99
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow congrats SteveAus !!!!
You must be sooo happy

PBJ good to hear car shipments are not impacted
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 01:11 AM   #100
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Thanks firetitan. My contract wording is different, I haven't found anything about full refund of the 90 days. Either way my estimate is 15 April, so 90 days after that is along time!
Ah ok, sorry I thought the contracts were all standard , Yes mine is 15th of May so I know exactly how you feel.

Well Happy Waiting for us, at least it gives us time to research the car Ad Infinitum and we really know what we are getting.

Tracking my ship every day it's killing me I think I should stop now and just forget about it for the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 02:39 AM   #101
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow congrats SteveAus !!!!
You must be sooo happy

PBJ good to hear car shipments are not impacted
Certainly pleased the ship has finally docked in Melbourne. It seemed like an inordinately long sea voyage at 13 knots. The ship docked 10 days later than the original planned voyage. Hopefully, there are no holdups in Australia.
All being well, I shall be very, very happy in a couple of weeks time when the beast is delivered.
It will have been a very long 5 month wait since I ordered it in November!
      03-23-2020, 03:16 AM   #102
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Ahhh not long now !
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #103
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ah ok, sorry ..

Tracking my ship every day it's killing me I think I should stop now and just forget about it for the next few weeks.
No worries, I wish my contract was as explicit!

Humm, what can I spend time obsessing about to distract me from the long wait for the car? Cough.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 09:51 PM   #104
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Have you thought about all the accessories as yet.
1. Tinting
2. Ceramic paint protection (So no waxing required
3. Alcantara M-Sport key covers to protect your keys
4. M Sport tyre valve covers(They look good)
5. Dashcam
6. Schmick paint protection program(So not sure if your dealership offer it , but you take a 1-5 year monthly contract and if your car gets scratched then they come out and fix for like $50) so it works out cheaper than claiming on insurance and paying the excess
7. Car insurance which company , my BMW offer was through Alllianz but I am with NRMA so thinking which one is better
8.Some rubber square foam mats mounted on the side of the garage so when you open the door you don't hit your door , I have a single garage.
9. New cleaning cloths and what type of polish/ cleaner will you use for your new baby
10. You can already download the owners manual just goto the web site and enter your VIN , its like over 300 pages so good toilet reading
11. Any mods you want to do , there is a device called a BlueSpark it increases output from 190KW to 217KW and 400NM to 452NM , its just a box you clip on (https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/bmw-330i-258ps)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #105
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
1. Tinting
5. Dashcam
6. Schmick paint protection program(So not sure if your dealership offer it , but you take a 1-5 year monthly contract and if your car gets scratched then they come out and fix for like $50) so it works out cheaper than claiming on insurance and paying the excess
7. Car insurance which company , my BMW offer was through Alllianz but I am with NRMA so thinking which one is better
8.Some rubber square foam mats mounted on the side of the garage so when you open the door you don't hit your door , I have a single garage.
9. New cleaning cloths and what type of polish/ cleaner will you use for your new baby
10. You can already download the owners manual just goto the web site and enter your VIN , its like over 300 pages so good toilet reading
11. Any mods you want to do , there is a device called a BlueSpark it increases output from 190KW to 217KW and 400NM to 452NM , its just a box you clip on (https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/bmw-330i-258ps)
I’ve decided to go to Elite Finish in Adelaide for OptiCoat Plus, window tinting and interior protection.
I use OptiCoat products to clean the car. No need for polish etc.
I’ll buy new microweave cleaning products when I pick up the car.
I looked at PPF but decided against it due the use that my car gets over it’s life. I have accumulated only 11 small stone chips in 7 years.
I have a BlackVue 900s dual dash cam system to put in alongside the BMW Drive Recorder that is already installed.
I have small garage in my house in inner Adelaide and I’ve had carpet on the walls of my garage for years. It is very effective against damage to the leading edge of an open door. I also hang a tennis ball on a string so that it just touches the windscreen when I am far enough into the garage. Hope the next 3er is not any bigger or it won’t fit.
No scratches on the car in seven years.
No need to up engine power......already 285 kw / 388 bhp.
Car insurance.....MB Prestige, underwritten by QBE. These guys give new for old replacement for 4 years. I’ve been with them for years. Many companies will not insure a car that is valued over $ 100,000. Don’t believe the advertising BS that state “will beat any quote on comprehensive insurance”.
      03-24-2020, 03:49 AM   #106
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post

PBJ i am on the same boat i can't wait it for it to land in Port Kembla!!
spoken to the dealer today and they said my eta of pick up is about mid to late april...
the wait is UNREAL.... which dealer is yours? mine is north shore BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:03 AM   #107
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi SteveAus.

I was actually referring to Slideit's "What can I do while I am waiting comment" for his 330i

But thanks for that, thats great input.

For the Blackvue do you have the backup battery installed for parking?
I am just worried that without installing the additional battery it will do funny things to the bmw electronics.

There is a new version of the dashcam out with built in SIM card

https://www.blackvue.com/dr750-2ch-lte/

Should be good, then you don't need a wifi hotspot active when remotely viewing your car when parked.

Will definitely look for Opticoat in Sydney

Wow carpeted walls, I wish I had that

Ah a tennis ball , yes thats a great idea.

Thanks for the insurance tips I will investigate.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 05:28 AM   #108
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlo238 View Post
PBJ i am on the same boat i can't wait it for it to land in Port Kembla!!
spoken to the dealer today and they said my eta of pick up is about mid to late april...
the wait is UNREAL.... which dealer is yours? mine is north shore BMW
Dang, that’s a long wait between docking and getting the car!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 05:33 AM   #109
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
1. Tinting
5. Dashcam
Haha..the main things I’ve actually ordered are little plastic inserts that go behind the door handles to stop nails scratching the paint, and some rubber inserts for the hard plastic areas (door bin..)

I’ll probably do tints and some coating. And maybe carpet the walls of the car port
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 06:39 AM   #110
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Haha..the main things I’ve actually ordered are little plastic inserts that go behind the door handles to stop nails scratching the paint, and some rubber inserts for the hard plastic areas (door bin..)

I’ll probably do tints and some coating. And maybe carpet the walls of the car port
Ah thats great
Where are you ordering the plastics inserts from?
Appreciate 0