Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum What prices are you being quoted for an M340i?

08-18-2020, 12:18 AM   #551
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Is that including loyalty and other credits? 9% pre- incentives would be great.
Yeah it was pre incentives
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #552
EX-Ingolstadt
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
I worked with next level auto broker and I got 9% off a 2021 order and prior I was working with bimmer david and got 10% off a 2020 order that got canceled. What I heard is that bmw is focusing on fulfilling orders so they won't be sending dealerships inventory cars until the orders are fulfilled. If this is indeed true most sales dealerships are going to have for the next 2 months is from orders
This is very interesting, if accurate. Just to be certain I've got the narrative straight:

in March, production shut down
In April, built units stopped shipping.
In May, production and shipping resumed, but orders were cancelled.
In July, production on MY20 units ends and retooling for MY21 units begins
August, MY 21 production begins but will be predominantly special orders.

So what's all this mean?

The last MY20 units probably hit showrooms in early August?
The first MY21 inventory units will hit dealers in late-September or early October depending on the backlog?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 12:04 PM   #553
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

You know what? If taking more special orders can lead to lower costs for dealers + manufacturers and thus better prices and incentives for us...I'm all for it. More options on the resale market might be a bit more difficulty selling for oddball colors and such, but I don't think the secondary market would take that much of a hit. Dealers make their $$$$ on services anyway, so...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:13 PM   #554
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
I have a direct 2021 order with 10% off pre-incentives. Took me all of 5 hours to find the deal and order the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #555
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:
I have a direct 2021 order with 10% off pre-incentives. Took me all of 5 hours to find the deal and order the car.
wow, that was good. Cant wait to see build.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #556
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I cant wait to get it myself! Build below.

2021 M340i (rwd)
Shadowline
Portimao Blue Metallic
19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, style 791M with high performance non run-flat tires
Cognac Vernasca Leather with contrast stitching
Open Pore Fine Wood Oak Grain trim
Cooling and High Performance Tire Package
Driving Assistance Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Adaptive M Suspension
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #557
EX-Ingolstadt
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like they're giving 'em away in Atlanta. Saw a guy on leasehacker picked one up off the lot for 10% off pre-incentive on the first ask. Hot market there.

Congrats! That's a very nice build.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 02:14 PM   #558
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EX-Ingolstadt View Post
Looks like they're giving 'em away in Atlanta. Saw a guy on leasehacker picked one up off the lot for 10% off pre-incentive on the first ask. Hot market there.

I did not order from Atlanta. Doing PCD from a remote dealer.

This dealer was willing to blow out this on-lot 2020 in Atlanta tho... They were 10% off plus 2020 incentives. I think they were advertising $560/mo lease w/ 0 DAS.

https://www.atlantabmw.com/new/BMW/2...a01cf991e2.htm

If anyone is interested DM me and Ill give you the client advisors info.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2020, 02:31 PM   #559
EX-Ingolstadt
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This dealer was willing to blow out this on-lot 2020 in Atlanta tho... They were 10% off plus 2020 incentives. I think they were advertising $560/mo lease w/ 0 DAS.

If only they had an x-drive unit!

Quote:
I worked with next level auto broker and I got 9% off a 2021 order and prior I was working with bimmer david and got 10% off a 2020 order that got canceled. What I heard is that bmw is focusing on fulfilling orders so they won't be sending dealerships inventory cars until the orders are fulfilled. If this is indeed true most sales dealerships are going to have for the next 2 months is from orders
Saw a build sheet from a dealer earlier today for an inventory unit with an 8/16 build date out of SLP. Maybe the backlog of orders has been cleared already?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #560
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:
I cant wait to get it myself! Build below.

2021 M340i (rwd)
Shadowline
Portimao Blue Metallic
19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, style 791M with high performance non run-flat tires
Cognac Vernasca Leather with contrast stitching
Open Pore Fine Wood Oak Grain trim
Cooling and High Performance Tire Package
Driving Assistance Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Adaptive M Suspension
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Oh yeah, great order... almost the same way I would order with the exception I am lazy and would include the power trunk. Just waiting for the M3 to drop to make sure I am making the right decision.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 10:27 PM   #561
cc009
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i X drive

what are the lease numbers most of you are hearing on the M340i x drive, if anyone has heard?

I see some people are getting a lot of % off pre incentives.

I was given these numbers: (First dealer talked to)
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #562
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc009 View Post
what are the lease numbers most of you are hearing on the M340i x drive, if anyone has heard?

View post on imgur.com
What's the money factor you are being quoted ? And what incentives are eligible for ? And is this model a 2020?

By the raw numbers this looks like a terrible deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 09:16 AM   #563
EX-Ingolstadt
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

View post on imgur.com
What's the money factor you are being quoted ? And what incentives are eligible for ? And is this model a 2020?

By the raw numbers this looks like a terrible deal.
Agree. Need to see more variables to opine on the lease but from a pure discount off msrp, this is consistent with "internet pricing" that I've seen on MY20 units. I think it would be reasonable to ask for 12% off with the goal of settling at 9-10%, depending on the market where you're shopping of course.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 09:52 AM   #564
cc009
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i X drive

Quote:
Agree. Need to see more variables to opine on the lease but from a pure discount off msrp, this is consistent with "internet pricing" that I've seen on MY20 units. I think it would be reasonable to ask for 12% off with the goal of settling at 9-10%, depending on the market where you're shopping of course.

https://ibb.co/smbFX81

I just had a quick talk with someone from dealer yesterday that I was interested and that they would find some numbers on what a lease would be at the moment for for the m340i x with basically every package and they sent me the above listing as an example. They don’t personally have the vehicle at there dealership but could get one. So I didn’t even get into negotiating yet. And I’m thinking I should just find a dealer that actually has the car on the lot then do the negotiating with them correct? I am very new to all this and would actually be my first lease. So any help I’d appreciate. It sounds like I negotiate directly on the msrp and before any incentives kick in right? And of course find out what incentives I will qualify for? At the same time the perosn said the listing was of m340i x but unless I read jt wrong I think they sent me a m340i not X
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #565
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX 50

Quote:

I just had a quick talk with someone from dealer yesterday that I was interested and that they would find some numbers on what a lease would be at the moment for for the m340i x with basically every package and they sent me the above listing as an example. They don’t personally have the vehicle at there dealership but could get one. So I didn’t even get into negotiating yet. And I’m thinking I should just find a dealer that actually has the car on the lot then do the negotiating with them correct? I am very new to all this and would actually be my first lease. So any help I’d appreciate. It sounds like I negotiate directly on the msrp and before any incentives kick in right? And of course find out what incentives I will qualify for? At the same time the perosn said the listing was of m340i x but unless I read jt wrong I think they sent me a m340i not X
Well, first, that quote is nowhere near "every package." You're looking at closer to a $70k MSRP if that were the case, higher if you include a ton of port-installed M Performance stuff.

You are going to have a hard time finding a vehicle in stock right now, if you are picky about colors or options. Available inventory is tight at the moment and many of the incoming orders are for cars that have been already sold. If you can find something on the lot you are happy with, it'll most likely be a model year 2020 (the '21s are only just hitting the lots, and mostly for ordered pre-sold vehicles). The 20s have much better incentives available, at least for August (incentives change month to month).

Yes, you should be negotiating a "pre-incentive discount," i.e. % off MSRP *before* you add in any available incentives. If you are leasing, you also want to make sure you are asking for the base or buy-rate money factor. Dealers can markup the money factor and sometimes will give you a better discount, but make up the money by increasing the MF. Hence, when you negotiate, you want to make sure you know the MF and you want it to be buy-rate.

Regarding incentives, you can look at threads on this board and look on the Edmunds leasing forums to get available incentives. At the moment, '21s don't have any lease cash and don't have any conquest incentive. The only incentive for August is a paltry $500 for BMW loyalty. There may be other incentives you can apply through USAA, PenFed, OL codes, and corp fleet, but you need to be careful because not all of them stack and some preclude other incentives.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM if you have other questions and, good luck!
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #566
EX-Ingolstadt
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I just had a quick talk with someone from dealer yesterday that I was interested and that they would find some numbers on what a lease would be at the moment for for the m340i x with basically every package and they sent me the above listing as an example. They don't personally have the vehicle at there dealership but could get one. So I didn't even get into negotiating yet. And I'm thinking I should just find a dealer that actually has the car on the lot then do the negotiating with them correct? I am very new to all this and would actually be my first lease. So any help I'd appreciate. It sounds like I negotiate directly on the msrp and before any incentives kick in right? And of course find out what incentives I will qualify for? At the same time the perosn said the listing was of m340i x but unless I read jt wrong I think they sent me a m340i not X
There are far more seasoned lease hackers on this and other sites, but you're generally correct that units on the lot are better targets for deals than special orders. But the most likely targets for steep discounts are also units that have been sitting for a while and/or are oddly configured.

For example, I was looking at a unit that's been on the dealer's lot for about a year. It's not terribly well spec'd, but the MSRP is over $67k because it has $5k for a special wheel and tire set. This unit is a good target for a unicorn deal (which today would probably be 15% or more off MSRP), but it wouldn't end up being all that much of a bargain since 15% off of $67k is only about $5k off the $62k msrp that the unit would have absent the special wheel and tire set.

If you want a loaded unit, it's probably going to take you a long time to find both the right unit (one that's been sitting) and the right dealer (who needs to offload it either to cut its losses or hit a sales target) for an exceptional deal. In fact, I'd guess the odds are against you. Loaded units don't seem to sit around for long. On the other hand, there are several brokers and dealers on this site and others offering 9-10% off special orders. The numbers provided by those brokers can also provide a sort of benchmark by which to judge your deal , keeping in mind that they're leveraging relationships that you don't have.

In the end, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth your time to hunt and bargain or just order what you want. Whichever route you choose, take a few minutes to review incentives. Check to see if your employer participates in the BMW Corp affiliate program. Review the loyalty, conquest, military, college grad and other incentives. Also keep tabs on the MF and residuals for the model you want. Incentives, residuals and MF change monthly. Also, sign up for an ultimate driving event or summer drive on event, as well as the Car Club of America.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #567
EX-Ingolstadt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf44 View Post
Quote:

Well, first, that quote is nowhere near "every package." You're looking at closer to a $70k MSRP if that were the case, higher if you include a ton of port-installed M Performance stuff.

You are going to have a hard time finding a vehicle in stock right now, if you are picky about colors or options. Available inventory is tight at the moment and many of the incoming orders are for cars that have been already sold. If you can find something on the lot you are happy with, it'll most likely be a model year 2020 (the '21s are only just hitting the lots, and mostly for ordered pre-sold vehicles). The 20s have much better incentives available, at least for August (incentives change month to month).

Yes, you should be negotiating a "pre-incentive discount," i.e. % off MSRP *before* you add in any available incentives. If you are leasing, you also want to make sure you are asking for the base or buy-rate money factor. Dealers can markup the money factor and sometimes will give you a better discount, but make up the money by increasing the MF. Hence, when you negotiate, you want to make sure you know the MF and you want it to be buy-rate.

Regarding incentives, you can look at threads on this board and look on the Edmunds leasing forums to get available incentives. At the moment, '21s don't have any lease cash and don't have any conquest incentive. The only incentive for August is a paltry $500 for BMW loyalty. There may be other incentives you can apply through USAA, PenFed, OL codes, and corp fleet, but you need to be careful because not all of them stack and some preclude other incentives.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM if you have other questions and, good luck!
What he said.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 01:23 PM   #568
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Great advice shouldn't have said it better, to give you a visual example back in May I had a 2020 order (got canceled) it was 69k I got 11% off 3k incentives (fleet & conquest) I was paying for fees and taxes and my monthly payment quote was $595 with the addition of the MPE it went to $612
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #569
diggis_tennis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i Msport

Quote:

Hi mind sharing who your placed your order with?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 10:06 PM   #570
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

My lease is up in January. I started sniffing around during an oil change last week. Dealer would only offer me the $500 loyalty. Told me deals will get better in the 4th quarter. He said: look at our lot: It is empty, (which it is). He said BMW cannot keep up with the current demand.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #571
zoepup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435 xDrive M Sport

Garage List
2015 435  [0.00]
Hey guys. I'm back in the market again for a 2021. My 2018 Audi S5 is coming off lease and I hope to get back into a BMW (Love the BMW ride over the Audi). I just started gathering configs, MF and residuals. If I order (my usual route), I don't need the car until end of November or early December. I wouldn't mind the new 4 series GC but not sure the price, wait, etc will be worth it for me

What incentives are out there and do they stack? I know conquest and loyalty don't stack.

Lease credit?
BMW UDE day (went yesterday but haven't heard of credit)?
Conquest (coming from Audi)?
Loyalty (handed in last BMW in 3 years ago)
Fleet (never sure how to get this one)?
Others?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #572
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoepup View Post
Hey guys. I'm back in the market again for a 2021. My 2018 Audi S5 is coming off lease and I hope to get back into a BMW (Love the BMW ride over the Audi). I just started gathering configs, MF and residuals. If I order (my usual route), I don't need the car until end of November or early December. I wouldn't mind the new 4 series GC but not sure the price, wait, etc will be worth it for me

What incentives are out there and do they stack? I know conquest and loyalty don't stack.

Lease credit?
BMW UDE day (went yesterday but haven't heard of credit)?
Conquest (coming from Audi)?
Loyalty (handed in last BMW in 3 years ago)
Fleet (never sure how to get this one)?
Others?

Thanks!
Currently there is no conquest or lease credit for the '21 3 series. There is only a $500 loyalty incentive. You are ineligible for loyalty if your last BMW was 3 years ago.

Depending on the event, you may get an OL code from one of the UDE events, but the fine print states it cannot be used on an order, only an in-stock vehicle. Some dealers may apply it anyways, but I would not count on it. Also, many dealers will cap it at $500, not the $1000, as the other $500 is a dealer contribution, not from BMW.

You can only get fleet if your employer participates in the program. It also cannot be stacked with very much at all. It nets you the same as loyalty. But it precludes almost any other incentive, so it's not great.

You should look into PenFed/USAA and BMWCCA rebates, as you may be eligible for them. You can look into those on this message board and others.
Appreciate 1