Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e delivery halt

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2021, 06:03 AM   #551
johnboysafc
Private First Class
johnboysafc's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Cumbria, England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
That's great, but how is it justified given the current rules of essential shopping only?

My new car is essential to me, of course!!!!!!
They are offering you a service
The showroom isn't open as such
I'd be thankful!! And was.
__________________
JohnBoySAFC
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 11:24 AM   #552
willougs
Private First Class
willougs's Avatar
United Kingdom
9
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Southampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashunt1 View Post
Expect that to be delayed.

My first estimate was 23rd December, then 25th January, and then to 10th May.
Hi

As matter of interest, does anyone know what the deal is with cancelling a delayed order if you can't wait? I ordered a 330e on 24/12 and have a delivery estimate of end of March. It's a personal order to replace aging car ready for my wife to be travelling more thru work in a few months.
If its going to be delayed much past March, then I would need to consider cancelling and purchasing a nearly new alternative.

Also, how long after order are you giving access to genius?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 01:10 PM   #553
Leglesssparrow
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: Audi a5
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Cambridge

iTrader: (0)

I ordered the 330e M Sport Pro in June and it was delivered in December if that helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #554
willougs
Private First Class
willougs's Avatar
United Kingdom
9
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Southampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leglesssparrow View Post
I ordered the 330e M Sport Pro in June and it was delivered in December if that helps.
Was quoted 6-10 weeks when ordered, so was a little miffed when the estimate turned out to be nearer 13. If it's going to be closer to 6 months, then must be a valid case for cancelling and getting deposit back.
__________________
BMW 330e xDrive ///M Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 04:28 AM   #555
Jim_330e
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
72
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: 2020 330e M Sport
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Sheffield

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Was quoted 6-10 weeks when ordered, so was a little miffed when the estimate turned out to be nearer 13. If it's going to be closer to 6 months, then must be a valid case for cancelling and getting deposit back.
That's a crazy amount of time to wait. I know people who have waited for less time than that for special Ferrari's and Lamborghinis.

I think you'd be well within your rights to cancel.

They are plenty of brand new 330e's on AT, even some Xdrive ones although nearly £50k seems a lot when you can get a delivery mileage M Sport + for £31k.
__________________
Arrived: '20 330e M Sport in Mineral Grey

Gone: '18 Golf GTI Performance DSG in Tungsten
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 04:38 AM   #556
jedpause
Lieutenant
jedpause's Avatar
United Kingdom
93
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: G30 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
Mine's a 330e touring xdrive and the date hasn't budged (checked with a genius yesterday).

Only problem is, I expect the dealer will still be locked down when it arrives, and I don't think buying a new car counts as 'essential shopping'. So I probably won't be able to get it until April or thereabouts, when this current lockdown ends.

My last two were delivered to my house, as will my 330e so that won't be an issue (I'm at Heathrow and BMW Dealer is in Southampton), but last two were actually picked up at Immingham, the delivery drivers mentioned this, i.e. it did not go via Dealer location... so PDI must have been done near Immingham ±
__________________
Sunset Orange G20 330e xDrive M Sport Pro (5 March '21) - Tech/Pro Pack, Park Assist Plus
Bluestone G30 M Sport (Current)
Alpine White F10 M Sport - Gone to Stud
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 04:53 AM   #557
willougs
Private First Class
willougs's Avatar
United Kingdom
9
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Southampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_330e View Post
That's a crazy amount of time to wait. I know people who have waited for less time than that for special Ferrari's and Lamborghinis.

I think you'd be well within your rights to cancel.

They are plenty of brand new 330e's on AT, even some Xdrive ones although nearly £50k seems a lot when you can get a delivery mileage M Sport + for £31k.
Agreed. I have kept an eye on AT, however the few xDrive nearly-new models on there seem to be lower spec'd and more than I've paid for new. Guessing that may balance out a bit over the coming months as more become available, so it will depend on which turns up first... a viable option on AT or the one ordered.
Or a.n.other make/model that turns my head in the meantime.
__________________
BMW 330e xDrive ///M Sport

Last edited by willougs; 01-08-2021 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 05:34 AM   #558
thomashunt1
Private
5
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Msport (ordered)
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Hi

As matter of interest, does anyone know what the deal is with cancelling a delayed order if you can't wait? I ordered a 330e on 24/12 and have a delivery estimate of end of March. It's a personal order to replace aging car ready for my wife to be travelling more thru work in a few months.
If its going to be delayed much past March, then I would need to consider cancelling and purchasing a nearly new alternative.

Also, how long after order are you giving access to genius?

Thanks in advance
hi, not sure about cancelling, but access to genius any one can do it at any time. just go onto BMW website, and under contact us, go onto the live chat. you can then tell them you want to check up on an order, give them order number etc and they will tell you when it is due to be made, and what they have as an expected delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 05:37 AM   #559
thomashunt1
Private
5
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Msport (ordered)
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Agreed. I have kept an eye on AT, however the few xDrive nearly-new models on there seem to be lower spec'd and more than I've paid for new. Guessing that may balance out a bit over the coming months as more become available, so it will depend on which turns up first... a viable option on AT or the one ordered.
Or a.n.other make/model that turns my head in the meantime.
Whats happening is people are aware of the delays to the 330e's being ordered, so the second hand market is more desirable so they can demand a higher price.

Time is money and all that!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #560
KP1602
Enlisted Member
KP1602's Avatar
1
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 320d GT MSport Pro
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

My 330e ordered beginning of November was delivered this morning... G21 M sport portimato blue tech plus and comfort plus - not sure what’s holding up all these orders? X-Drive maybe?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #561
willougs
Private First Class
willougs's Avatar
United Kingdom
9
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Southampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP1602 View Post
My 330e ordered beginning of November was delivered this morning... G21 M sport portimato blue tech plus and comfort plus - not sure what's holding up all these orders? X-Drive maybe?
Nice. Doesnt seem to be much logic in the delivery times. Some nearing 6 months and yours for example, around 2.
Did you order it from a local dealer?

Would be interested in your initial thoughts on the Plus packs. I added both Tech Plus and Comfort Plus to my order without really seeing either "in the flesh".

The three cars I test drove were all M Sport Pro pack only.
__________________
BMW 330e xDrive ///M Sport

Last edited by willougs; 01-09-2021 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #562
paulockenden
Private
29
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 530D, 330e
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP1602 View Post
not sure what’s holding up all these orders? X-Drive maybe?
Mine's X-drive, and pretty much all of the options ticked.

But I think some of the delay on my car might be down to the dealer dicking around with placing the order in order to maximise their numbers in a particular month.

I discussed this with a genius, and asked them when the order was actually placed on the system. They wouldn't tell me. I think that spoke volumes!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #563
thomashunt1
Private
5
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Msport (ordered)
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP1602 View Post
My 330e ordered beginning of November was delivered this morning... G21 M sport portimato blue tech plus and comfort plus - not sure what’s holding up all these orders? X-Drive maybe?
no x drive for me.

330e M sport touring. will be 6-7 months by the time i get mine
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #564
KP1602
Enlisted Member
KP1602's Avatar
1
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 320d GT MSport Pro
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Maybe i got lucky and the dealer already had a build slot or something...

Just odd..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 11:25 AM   #565
jedpause
Lieutenant
jedpause's Avatar
United Kingdom
93
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: G30 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Talking 6 weeks-4 days - Miracle Maybe?

I won't hold my breath....but...

So earlier I mentioned Order date 24th Dec - Delivery Date as of 3 Jan = March 22nd, so 12 weeks

Today chatted on Genius and... it's finalised for production schedule early and new delivery date to UK Centre is Mon 8th Feb !! And delivery to me same week.. 6 and a half weeks from order...

FYI, just in case
  • 330e M Sport
  • Sunset Orange
  • X-Drive
  • Tech Pack
  • Pro Pack
  • Lumbar Support
  • Extended Storage Pack
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • Black Vernasca w/Grey Stitch
  • Aluminium Tetragon
  • 19" Bicolour Orbit Grey 791M

So there is hope again... and perhaps the factory is back up to speed...
__________________
Sunset Orange G20 330e xDrive M Sport Pro (5 March '21) - Tech/Pro Pack, Park Assist Plus
Bluestone G30 M Sport (Current)
Alpine White F10 M Sport - Gone to Stud

Last edited by jedpause; 01-13-2021 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 03:51 AM   #566
thomashunt1
Private
5
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Msport (ordered)
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
I won't hold my breath....but...

So earlier I mentioned Order date 24th Dec - Delivery Date as of 3 Jan = March 22nd, so 12 weeks

Today chatted on Genius and... it's finalised for production schedule early and new delivery date to UK Centre is Mon 8th Feb !! And delivery to me same week.. 6 and a half weeks from order...

FYI, just in case
  • 330e M Sport
  • Sunset Orange
  • X-Drive
  • Tech Pack
  • Pro Pack
  • Lumbar Support
  • Extended Storage Pack
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • Black Vernasca w/Grey Stitch
  • Aluminium Tetragon
  • 19" Bicolour Orbit Grey 791M

So there is hope again... and perhaps the factory is back up to speed...

wow! thats a good turn around.

i may chat to genius today and see what the status of mine is.

i am slightly jealous of you right now!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 04:21 AM   #567
willougs
Private First Class
willougs's Avatar
United Kingdom
9
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Southampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
I won't hold my breath....but...

So earlier I mentioned Order date 24th Dec - Delivery Date as of 3 Jan = March 22nd, so 12 weeks

Today chatted on Genius and... it's finalised for production schedule early and new delivery date to UK Centre is Mon 8th Feb !! And delivery to me same week.. 6 and a half weeks from order...

FYI, just in case
  • 330e M Sport
  • Sunset Orange
  • X-Drive
  • Tech Pack
  • Pro Pack
  • Lumbar Support
  • Extended Storage Pack
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • Black Vernasca w/Grey Stitch
  • Aluminium Tetragon
  • 19" Bicolour Orbit Grey 791M

So there is hope again... and perhaps the factory is back up to speed...
Spookily similar dates for me too. Order date 24th Dec. Initial delivery estimate 25th March. Update from dealer 6th Feb.
(although going to put off delivery until 1st March probably)
__________________
BMW 330e xDrive ///M Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 06:14 AM   #568
paulockenden
Private
29
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 530D, 330e
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: South Coast

iTrader: (0)

Looks like there's lots of us here with 8th Feb cars!

Mine's touring, xDrive, Tanzanite, black Merino leather, and pretty much every option ticked except for the tow-bar!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 06:35 AM   #569
jedpause
Lieutenant
jedpause's Avatar
United Kingdom
93
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: G30 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
Looks like there's lots of us here with 8th Feb cars!
It'll be like a scene from Transformers at the harbour
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 05:48 AM   #570
jedpause
Lieutenant
jedpause's Avatar
United Kingdom
93
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: G30 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Spookily similar dates for me too. Order date 24th Dec. Initial delivery estimate 25th March. Update from dealer 6th Feb.
(although going to put off delivery until 1st March probably)
.... and mine has just shifted from 8th Feb to 22nd Feb - I'm not losing sleep

I suspect it *may* have because my Dealer didn't act properly on 24th Dec when I asked them to correct the trim... after Genius told me old/wrong trim was still order early Jan... I had to go back to dealer, and only then did factory order get corrected, perhaps that screwed up my early build window

I don't think I can give my current G30 back until end Feb anyway , so all good, no real delay
__________________
Sunset Orange G20 330e xDrive M Sport Pro (5 March '21) - Tech/Pro Pack, Park Assist Plus
Bluestone G30 M Sport (Current)
Alpine White F10 M Sport - Gone to Stud
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 05:56 AM   #571
willougs
Private First Class
willougs's Avatar
United Kingdom
9
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Southampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Spookily similar dates for me too. Order date 24th Dec. Initial delivery estimate 25th March. Update from dealer 6th Feb.
(although going to put off delivery until 1st March probably)
For info, for people with similar order dates, mine is apparently now in the UK, "31/01/2021 9641 Awaiting Customs Clearance".
__________________
BMW 330e xDrive ///M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 06:04 AM   #572
xenon
Major General
xenon's Avatar
England
774
Rep
6,975
Posts

Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coventry

iTrader: (0)

To use Genius my order has a "contract number" as opposed to an order number - is that what I'd need?
__________________
Ian
Current: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST