Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Who has the quickest G20 330i on Bimmerpost?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-18-2021, 06:13 PM   #111
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vTuga View Post
That would be cool! Let's see. I don't really know what to expect from the box honestly. Not that much feedback online with performance figures.
Yup. There aren't any numbers for tuned G20 330is/330es online. Lots for the M340i. You'll probably be the first to post acceleration numbers (there are lots of Dyno numbers online but, to me, those mean nothing).
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 08:24 AM   #112
vTuga
Private
vTuga's Avatar
Portugal
63
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 330e G20
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Did a few more 100-200 kph "runs", this time with a rolling start from 85/90 km/h. Everything else the same. Sport Xtraboost mode, ESC in Traction and transmission in S mode. No modifications.

Best time
100-200 km/h: 15,65s (corrected to inclination 15,51s)

As expected, the 10s of Xtraboost used from the top has a significant effect on the time. Last time I had measured from a 0-200 run, so the xtraboost was mostly used in the beginning of the run and had less effect in the 100-200 range. A rolling start is a little more representative of real world usage.


Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1347.50

      01-19-2021, 11:03 AM   #113
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vTuga View Post
Did a few more 100-200 kph "runs", this time with a rolling start from 85/90 km/h. Everything else the same. Sport Xtraboost mode, ESC in Traction and transmission in S mode. No modifications.

Best time
100-200 km/h: 15,65s (corrected to inclination 15,51s)

As expected, the 10s of Xtraboost used from the top has a significant effect on the time. Last time I had measured from a 0-200 run, so the xtraboost was mostly used in the beginning of the run and had less effect in the 100-200 range. A rolling start is a little more representative of real world usage.


Very good numbers!!! Is your tuning box still stuck in Netherlands? I can't wait for you to get it
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 11:30 AM   #114
vTuga
Private
vTuga's Avatar
Portugal
63
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 330e G20
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Very good numbers!!! Is your tuning box still stuck in Netherlands? I can't wait for you to get it
Yes, I'm still waiting

I think Brexit and the covid vaccine supply chain are affecting a lot of orders in Europe. My Dragy took 3 weeks to arrive, and I know a lot of people with delayed orders, some by almost two months.

I can't wait to test it out, specially after these stock numbers
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #115
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vTuga View Post
Yes, I'm still waiting

I think Brexit and the covid vaccine supply chain are affecting a lot of orders in Europe. My Dragy took 3 weeks to arrive, and I know a lot of people with delayed orders, some by almost two months.

I can't wait to test it out, specially after these stock numbers
Yes true. Hopefully you get it soon! It'll be worth the wait though I've posted my dragy numbers in my JB4 thread. My G20 is the slowest stock 330i on the planet!
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #116
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

New numbers with an updated custom map 6 courtesy Knifeedge2k1.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 10:35 PM   #117
bquatt
Private
33
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
New numbers with an updated custom map 6 courtesy Knifeedge2k1.
How exactly does a custom map work on JB4? Is the programmer just increasing boost above preset map parameters?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:52 PM   #118
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bquatt View Post
How exactly does a custom map work on JB4? Is the programmer just increasing boost above preset map parameters?
You can set boost as well as other parameters. What parameters? Well. I'm not the right person to ask. I'll post a pic of the user adjustment page below so you can see what parameters can be adjusted. He sends me new numbers to try and then I go get a couple of logs and send it for him to check it out. We then adjust accordingly (with the latest numbers, I have to drop boost a bit since fuel trims are high).

I'm not looking at having the fastest stage 1 G20 around. I prefer driveability and reliability along with speed. Even with the map I was running before, the car felt good and not strained. It actual felt very smooth, like it was a proper tune and not a piggy back (if you get what I mean). Even if that means 0.1s or even 0.2s drop in quarter mile times, it doesn't matter (worst I ever got with that map was 13.17s which, in my eyes, is still pretty damn good).
Attached Images
  
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
bquatt33.00

      01-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #119
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Terry@BMS took a look at my logs and tweaked it a bit more. Updated map 6 with the changes he suggested and damn. The car feels like a completely stock car now! Just faster. Also, broke all my old personal records with this car today.

I'm indebted to Knifeedge2k1, Turboh, Terry and the others who've helped me tweak this car!

For reference, my best stock times were:

1. 0-60 - 5.98s
2. 1/4th mile - 14.23s@97.28mph
3. 0-100 - 15.06s
4. 62-124 - 19.83s

All runs were done on the same closed road with zero traffic. Literally, an abandoned road leading to a dead end (before anyone decided to question the safety of these runs).

Also, this is a stage 1 car (my only mods are a JB4 and some E85 mixed with 93aki to get an approx E25 mixture).

Trap speed at the quarter mile today was 107.50mph!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 5
pneumodoc133.50
vTuga63.00
Randall58.50

      01-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #120
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
JTYAMSHAYIN's Avatar
153
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: North Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Terry@BMS took a look at my logs and tweaked it a bit more. Updated map 6 with the changes he suggested and damn. The car feels like a completely stock car now! Just faster. Also, broke all my old personal records with this car today.

I'm indebted to Knifeedge2k1, Turboh, Terry and the others who've helped me tweak this car!

For reference, my best stock times were:

1. 0-60 - 5.98s
2. 1/4th mile - 14.23s@97.28mph
3. 0-100 - 15.06s
4. 62-124 - 19.83s

All runs were done on the same closed road with zero traffic. Literally, an abandoned road leading to a dead end (before anyone decided to question the safety of these runs).

Also, this is a stage 1 car (my only mods are a JB4 and some E85 mixed with 93aki to get an approx E25 mixture).

Trap speed at the quarter mile today was 107.50mph!
These results are seriously awesome. I'm more and more leaning to get a JB4 after I test the 330i with the JB+ for a few months. The support with custom maps seems worth it alone and even though I'm limited to 91 octane I imagine the fellas at BMS could work something out.
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1347.50
Randall58.50

      01-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #121
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
These results are seriously awesome. I'm more and more leaning to get a JB4 after I test the 330i with the JB+ for a few months. The support with custom maps seems worth it alone and even though I'm limited to 91 octane I imagine the fellas at BMS could work something out.
Oh yes. And those numbers were tested right after I changed the values and with snow flurries. I'm sure it'll become better once I drive the car around for a bit for it to learn and the weather clears up. Even if it doesn't, for a stage 1-, those numbers are excellent.

Your handicap will be 91octane. I run 93 mixed with E85 (approx E25). I also have the EWG connector. Am I happy? Let's put it this way. Our A7 is a 2017. Our SQ5 is a 2018. Our 330i is a 2020. I have more miles on the 330i than on either of those two cars.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 01-27-2021 at 01:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 07:57 PM   #122
Randall
Private
Randall's Avatar
59
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: G20 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: PL

iTrader: (0)

VipinLJ wow! Your numbers are crazy!
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1347.50

      01-27-2021, 10:49 PM   #123
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
VipinLJ wow! Your numbers are crazy!
Haha. It isn't bad at all. Did a 100-200 run today and it was at 12.91s with a +0.6% incline. The worst quarter mile time I got with the latest numbers is 13.06s@106.xx mph (dragy is on my phone and I can't remember the exact trap speed off the top of my head). This was also with a positive inclination (again, can't remember the value). But yes. I'm enjoying it. And logs looked healthy. We're still tinkering with it. I'll keep the thread updates with my findings.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
OM3RTA226.50

      01-28-2021, 04:09 AM   #124
vTuga
Private
vTuga's Avatar
Portugal
63
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 330e G20
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Haha. It isn't bad at all. Did a 100-200 run today and it was at 12.91s with a +0.6% incline. The worst quarter mile time I got with the latest numbers is 13.06s@106.xx mph (dragy is on my phone and I can't remember the exact trap speed off the top of my head). This was also with a positive inclination (again, can't remember the value). But yes. I'm enjoying it. And logs looked healthy. We're still tinkering with it. I'll keep the thread updates with my findings.
That is really fast!!

What hp gain do you estimate with those times compared to stock?
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1347.50

      01-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #125
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vTuga View Post
That is really fast!!

What hp gain do you estimate with those times compared to stock?
I've only used virtual dyno (it's good for a before and after comparison). I haven't found a 4wd dyno around where I live (closest is like 2 hrs away and they want $300 for 2 pulls)! With VD, my stock numbers were 225whp and 246wlbft. With the latest numbers, it says 290.7whp and 308.6wlbft. I've had the hp and torque go as high as 304whp and 327wlbft on a different run with same numbers and settings but I won't believe that (300whp is a little too much with just a piggyback!).
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #126
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Upped boost by 0.5psi from 4000-5000 RPMs.

All other conditions the same. Same road as well (as all my other tests).

Apparently we can still increase the boost across the rev range. Haven't done that yet though.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 01-30-2021 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 3
vTuga63.00
bquatt33.00

      01-30-2021, 02:09 PM   #127
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
JTYAMSHAYIN's Avatar
153
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: North Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Upped boost by 0.5psi from 4000-5000 RPMs.

All other conditions the same. Same road as well (as all my other tests).

Apparently we can still increase the boost around the rev range. Haven't done that yet though.
4.75 0-60 is pretty amazing. This is outdoing stock 335 and 340s of last gen f30's
Appreciate 2
vTuga63.00
VipinLJ1347.50

      01-30-2021, 03:42 PM   #128
vTuga
Private
vTuga's Avatar
Portugal
63
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 330e G20
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Those results blow my mind. Just proves this B48 engine is a beast.
Appreciate 2
bquatt33.00
VipinLJ1347.50

      01-30-2021, 04:15 PM   #129
bquatt
Private
33
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Upped boost by 0.5psi from 4000-5000 RPMs.

All other conditions the same. Same road as well (as all my other tests).

Apparently we can still increase the boost around the rev range. Haven't done that yet though.
What PSI is your car typically pushing across the rev range?
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1347.50

      01-30-2021, 08:03 PM   #130
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
4.75 0-60 is pretty amazing. This is outdoing stock 335 and 340s of last gen f30's
Oh yes. Those numbers are very very good for a stage 1-. Plus, my car was slow to begin with. My quarter mile times have improved by atleast one second (more in this case). The best part is how smooth the car feels. Both engine-wise as well as power delivery-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vTuga View Post
Those results blow my mind. Just proves this B48 engine is a beast.
Yes. It's a huge step up from the N20/26 engines. I've seen fully built N20/26s struggling to get to the 12.xxs range. If a simple piggy back and some good fuel can do this, imagine what a stage 2/3 car can do! Dronamashina's car is proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bquatt View Post
What PSI is your car typically pushing across the rev range?
So we're running absolute numbers now. Not additive. Stock, my car boosts very low. Iirc max is only like 11psi (yes. It's only my car I believe. Other 330is boost higher). Right now, max boost is 20.6psi. Not sure if that's what the car produces though (since I'm not an expert on how the JB4 works (other than knowing the basics)). I'd say around 8-9psi over stock at most.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2021, 12:36 AM   #131
viper1ts
Registered
viper1ts's Avatar
2
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2020 330i Msport
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Coming from two previous tuned Audi S5's, and pleased with the results of the B48. Literally first and only quarter mile run log and so close to 12's. Only mods are JB4 (map 3), E30, Michelin Ps4's.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1347.50

      02-10-2021, 12:47 AM   #132
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
1348
Rep
2,615
Posts

Drives: 20 330i,16 X3,18 SQ5,17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1ts View Post
Coming from two previous tuned Audi S5's, and pleased with the results of the B48. Literally first and only quarter mile run log and so close to 12's. Only mods are JB4 (map 3), E30, Michelin Ps4's.
Your map 3 times are impressive! Best I've gotten with map 3 was 13.14s IIRC. But that was a one off. All other runs have been in the 13.2s range.

Is yours an xDrive or RWD? Also, what is your trap speed at the quarter mile? Do you have the EWG connector?
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST