Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Black mirror caps

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2021, 08:24 AM   #23
JM13RS
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: G21 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboysafc View Post
I may be interested Jim
Presumably G21 would fit G20

Also presume unit 17 swapped them over for you so you wouldn't know if a diy job? As I'd probably wanna do myself

They are m sport black gloss? If just standard swap like for like I would probably swerve the chance sorry
Will upload pics when home, they are black gloss M Sport + ones.

Unit 17 fitted my carbon ones, watched them do it and they did it in 10mins... But I bet my bottom dollar that's because they do it day in & out!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 08:44 AM   #24
johnboysafc
Private First Class
johnboysafc's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Cumbria, England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboysafc View Post
I may be interested Jim
Presumably G21 would fit G20

Also presume unit 17 swapped them over for you so you wouldn't know if a diy job? As I'd probably wanna do myself

They are m sport black gloss? If just standard swap like for like I would probably swerve the chance sorry
Will upload pics when home, they are black gloss M Sport + ones.

Unit 17 fitted my carbon ones, watched them do it and they did it in 10mins... But I bet my bottom dollar that's because they do it day in & out!
Spot on, DM if you wish or post here no worries, cheers Jim
__________________
JohnBoySAFC
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 09:02 AM   #25
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
40
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
Dunno if im too late to the party but i put M perfomance carbon ones on my g21. Anyway I have a brand new set of gloss black ones ( brand new I had a fully carbon kit put on the car before I drove it)

Let me know if anyone wants a pair.

also got a brand new dravit grey rear diffuser if anyone wants that as I had a Carbon one fitted.
Hi JM13RS - could I ask if the carbon rear diffuser is the BMW M performance. I have changed my rear diffuser to the M Performance. I have painted the gloss black in Dravit Grey while retaining the centre section in gloss black. However I was wondering if the carbon centre piece is more aggressive than the black gloss one?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #26
OM3RTA
Captain
United Kingdom
227
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Hi JM13RS - could I ask if the carbon rear diffuser is the BMW M performance. I have changed my rear diffuser to the M Performance. I have painted the gloss black in Dravit Grey while retaining the centre section in gloss black. However I was wondering if the carbon centre piece is more aggressive than the black gloss one?
Yes imo, it is.

Name:  Point Blur_Jun122020_143400.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  443.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #27
PortimaoMystique
Private
PortimaoMystique's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
Dunno if im too late to the party but i put M perfomance carbon ones on my g21. Anyway I have a brand new set of gloss black ones ( brand new I had a fully carbon kit put on the car before I drove it)

Let me know if anyone wants a pair.

The carbon one I have below






also got a brand new dravit grey rear diffuser if anyone wants that as I had a Carbon one fitted.
Which carbon fiber cap is this? From eBay? Do you have a link?
__________________
G20 M340i portimao blue-ceramic coating and tint-gloss black kidney grille
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 01:22 PM   #28
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
40
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Yes imo, it is.

Attachment 2509702
Thanks for the image. Looks good.

At the time I thought the black gloss and carbon centres were shaped the same but now that I see it, the carbon does look to have a more aggressive appearance. I recall at the time there was a significant price difference.

Last edited by zorroone; 01-20-2021 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: tepo
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 08:43 AM   #29
JM13RS
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: G21 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
Hi JM13RS - could I ask if the carbon rear diffuser is the BMW M performance. I have changed my rear diffuser to the M Performance. I have painted the gloss black in Dravit Grey while retaining the centre section in gloss black. However I was wondering if the carbon centre piece is more aggressive than the black gloss one?

Hi there,

I actually didnt go for any Mperfomance products, as i thought they were excessively over priced & actually had very little carbon on them- It was mainly gloss black ABS!

Mine is a fully carbon one, picture below


how to spell vietnam
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 08:45 AM   #30
JM13RS
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: G21 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortimaoMystique View Post
Which carbon fibre cap is this? From eBay? Do you have a link?
Don't have a link as i purchased it as part of a kit. A quick google and these look very similar, however i cant vouch for the quality of their carbon.

https://www.carbonfactory.co.uk/prod...smart_campaign
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #31
themnmd
Lieutenant Colonel
themnmd's Avatar
United_States
992
Rep
1,752
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340 i Xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: San Rafael CA

iTrader: (0)

I have cf mirror caps a port installed option
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST