Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 2021 330ix M Sport: initial impressions

12-12-2020, 02:50 AM   #1
CeriusM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 PMB BMW 330ix M

2021 330ix M Sport: initial impressions

I started out wanting a M340i but settled on a Portimao Blue 330i Xdrive instead.
It's been three days and so far it is putting a smile on my face every moment.

Specs:
Black Vernesca with Contrast Stiching
Premium pkg
M sport pkg
Shadowline
Drivers Assistance
M Adaptive Suspension
Wireless Charging
Remote Start

Here are a few questions, things I love and some gripes. I will post detailed photos over the weekend.

Loves:
The welcome lights are very useful and very nice.

I got the black vernesca leather with M stripes and it's such a nice subtle touch, matched with the M striped floor mats.

Steering wheel is nicely weighted and chunky.

LED cornering lights with automatic high-beam is very confidence inspiring at night.

Kick open and close of the tailgate is very nice.

Heated steering wheel: I know when it is on or off. My benz does not tell me this. You sort of....feel for it.

Questions:
How do I make the fog lamps turn on automatically with low beams? I'm having to press it manually.WHY!!

BMW Hotspot, how do I know if its working?? Also, is there a LTE boost function, like a microcell?

How do I open both exhaust flaps all the time regardless of the mode?

How can I close the tailgate from the remote?

HK sound: so not worth the money.

Gripes:
Wireless charger placement is very very annoying. Also, there aren't enough storage space. Everything feels shallow compared to a C-class...or a Honda/Acura.

Ambient lighting: give us 64 colors!! Hell, add a subscription to a color wheel!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeriusM View Post

Questions:
How do I make the fog lamps turn on automatically with low beams? I'm having to press it manually.WHY!!

BMW Hotspot, how do I know if its working?? Also, is there a LTE boost function, like a microcell?

How do I open both exhaust flaps all the time regardless of the mode?

How can I close the tailgate from the remote?
1)By Coding, other than that I think this is default manual from the factory

2)It would be interesting to see the purpose behind this feature and how it works and if owners can chime in the usefulness of this, not sure as I have android phone and use data plan on phone.

3)Can't open both exhaust flaps all the time regardless of the mode. You would need to put it in sport mode upon/before startup or program and use your Sport Individual settings. Otherwise through coding.

4)Why use the remote to close, when you can push down on the power trunk button to close from the driver's side when inside or close the trunk using the kick function or press the close button in the trunk to close.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 11:23 PM   #3
CeriusM
Private
Rep

An update on the previous post:

1) Fog lamps WILL NOT automatically come on with main headlights. Oh well.
2) BMW Hotspot works....I burned through the complimentary hotspot way too fast.
3) I removed the exhaust flap connector and now it sounds better! (I duct-taped the two ends)
4) I used Bimmercode with ODB Link CX (swapping out for MX+) and coded the auto trunk open and close. So convenient

Does any by any chance know how to remove the white dome light above the charging tray?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #4
KaptainKloss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 xDrive

Did you buy the tire insurance? I had an M-Sport with runflats and it was a nightmare. Reason I ordered non-Rft's for my new car.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 11:14 PM   #5
CeriusM
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKloss View Post
Did you buy the tire insurance? I had an M-Sport with runflats and it was a nightmare. Reason I ordered non-Rft's for my new car.
I did not. I wanted to order non-rt but I figured I'll just get a set of summer pros once it gets warmer and keep the stock set to return at end of lease
Appreciate 0