Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e - Recall Warning ⚠️

12-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #67
Taylor66
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

I complained to BMW UK who instructed my local dealer to give me £350 for inconvenience and extra fuel costs. My car is a company lease car. (I had to remind BMW UK to remind the dealer, but all sorted after that)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #68
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor66 View Post
I complained to BMW UK who instructed my local dealer to give me £350 for inconvenience and extra fuel costs. My car is a company lease car. (I had to remind BMW UK to remind the dealer, but all sorted after that)
The service manager has now phoned and all sorted as it was their call centre that didn't have the right info so waiting to get booked in as they needed a fleet of courtesy cars from BMW UK. Hopefully, it will be sorted soon but he did say it's likely that the car will be sent off for testing which around 4 weeks or so. Least someone is on it now!

Gone: '18 Golf GTI Performance DSG in Tungsten
Appreciate 2
      12-15-2020, 06:01 AM   #69
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

I have just dropped my 70 plate in at JCT600 Bradford. Supposedly they have a list of checks to perform during today which helps identify if my vehicle is one of the few cars (I think she said 787) in the UK that need to be fully tested in the 'secret location'.

If mine is one of the unlucky ones then BMW UK provide me with the courtesy vehicle for the duration, not the dealer.

Regarding the £350 a month compensation, BMW UK advised it would make 3 separate payments, each one going from Sytner Leicester to Lex Autolease (who are apparently aware it's coming) and eventually to me.

I have my BMW UK case number ready to chase them up in a couple of weeks.

UPDATE RECEIVED - MINE IS ON ITS WAY FOR FULL INVESTIGATION
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 06:50 AM   #70
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
I have just dropped my 70 plate in at JCT600 Bradford. Supposedly they have a list of checks to perform during today which helps identify if my vehicle is one of the few cars (I think she said 787) in the UK that need to be fully tested in the 'secret location'.

If mine is one of the unlucky ones then BMW UK provide me with the courtesy vehicle for the duration, not the dealer.

Regarding the £350 a month compensation, BMW UK advised it would make 3 separate payments, each one going from Sytner Leicester to Lex Autolease (who are apparently aware it's coming) and eventually to me.

The secret location is Thorne, near Doncaster where all new BMWs arrive into the UK.

If it hasn't been charged 50 times or something then it will be going there for testing to be done.

I've managed to arrange to get the payments to come straight to my bank rather than via Leaseplan or my employer.

What courtesy car have you got?!

Appreciate 1
seelark142.50
      12-15-2020, 07:02 AM   #71
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_330e View Post
Quote:

The secret location is Thorne, near Doncaster where all new BMWs arrive into the UK.

If it hasn't been charged 50 times or something then it will be going there for testing to be done.

I've managed to arrange to get the payments to come straight to my bank rather than via Leaseplan or my employer.

What courtesy car have you got?!
My car is the first experience the dealer has of this, so I am getting one of the Sales Teams demo for a week, then, it would seem, BMW UK (not expecting so many returns) are providing a vehicle from Enterprise that could be any BoS, and will no doubt be the subject of a call to Customer Service for a discussion on as close to 'like for like' as possible 🙈

I have just provided JCT600 Bradford my bank details for the £350, and challenged them on the BMW UK confirmed 3 off payments with my Case number in hand 🤞🏻
Appreciate 1
Jim_330e144.00
      12-16-2020, 12:06 PM   #72
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Update as of 1700hrs on 16th December 2020.

JCT600 Bradford have had my 3 x £350 payment approved by BMW UK Customer Service and it should be in my bank before Christmas 👍🏻

Not such good news on a courtesy car.

BMW UK are no longer supplying them.

According to my Service Advisor, the involved dealer has a £45/day cap to provide me a hire car. They can't get me anything better than a Corsa for that money 🙄

I can hire an E Class (or similar) via the same Enterprise branch through my company for £34/day + vat using the company insurance?

Just waiting for JCT600 to agree a £45/day payment to me and I'll self source it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 04:23 AM   #73
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

JCT600 Bradford have had my 3 x £350 payment approved by BMW UK Customer Service and it should be in my bank before Christmas 👍🏻

According to my Service Advisor, the involved dealer has a £45/day cap to provide me a hire car. They can't get me anything better than a Corsa for that money 🙄

I can hire an E Class (or similar) via the same Enterprise branch through my company for £34/day + vat using the company insurance?

Just waiting for JCT600 to agree a £45/day payment to me and I'll self source it.
They need to be supplying something similar when you are looking at 4-5 weeks without your car! Guess you could use your £350 to hire something!

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #74
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

They need to be supplying something similar when you are looking at 4-5 weeks without your car! Guess you could use your £350 to hire something!
£1050 cleared in my bank this evening from JCT600 Bradford 👍🏻

I have one of their Salespersons F40 118d Msport in White until Tuesday, after which it looks like I'll accept a Qashqai as my courtesy car.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 03:30 AM   #75
myvision
Registered
Rep

You all seem to be having better luck than me with BMW!!!
I asked my dealer what vehicle they will be supplying me with when they take my car for a possible four weeks to be told 'nothing'.
So I asked how do I get to work to be told 'not our problem'

Car was booked in for the 18th and at 17:30 on the 17th BMW rang to say don't bother fetching it in we aren't doing anything until at least February.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 12:10 AM   #76
Fairway2heaven1984
Rep

I got a 320d via enterprise (via bmw) on Thursday so they are still providing cars, as of course they have to.

Entire thing is a shambles.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 02:25 AM   #77
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myvision View Post
I asked my dealer what vehicle they will be supplying me with when they take my car for a possible four weeks to be told 'nothing'.

Car was booked in for the 18th and at 17:30 on the 17th BMW rang to say don't bother fetching it in we aren't doing anything until at least February.
My dealer said they were waiting for BMW UK to organise loan cars so there is absolutely no way you should be without a car whilst this work is being carried out.

Got 2 months of goodwill land in my account last week

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #78
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myvision View Post

If you haven't done so already, I definitely recommend calling BMW UK Customer Service who will take your car details and confirm the fault definitely impacts your vehicle, give you the Case ID and also advise the level of compensation which should be 3 x £350. Make sure you tell them your Don't Charge message arrived on the 9th October 2020.

The Case ID is the ammunition needed to fight your corner with the dealer, who must take full responsibility for arranging both the preliminary investigation and the cars potential transportation to Immingham Docks for the 4 week testing.

The dealer is also responsible for paying the compensation directly to you, and agreeing with BMW UK their daily allowance (£45) and booking of a courtesy car via Enterprise.

My local dealer didn't even supply the vehicle as it's a Lex Autolease car, however they couldn't do enough to get the car in and checked, then put me in one of their cars until the hire car was sorted (70 plate Toyota C-HR in Black), which was delivered to my house and the dealer then came to collect their own car.

Obviously missing my car like mad (this Toyota has full electric seats without memory FFS, 5 minutes pissing about with the seat every time the wife's been using it, along with the other million challenges I could list).

Keep your chin up, and if you're lucky it might not get taken away 🤞🏻

Mine is either coming back having had the batteries stressed to 200% for a substantial number of hours (up to 100) and a full factory reset performed, or in an urn 🙈

Happy New Year 🥳
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #79
thomashunt1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Msport (ordered)

This must be the reaso. Why my new 330e is delayed! A problem with fixing the charging issues.

Not a good start!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #80
KP1602
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d GT MSport Pro

I ordered mine on the 6th November, and picking it up next week.... arrived in the country the week before Xmas according the the BMW genius

G21 Portimato Blue M sport, comfort plus , tech plus and SPG

Must be something odd on your spec holding it up?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #81
NanasBack
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: EB 335 oil burner

I can't believe, people are being told there will be no courtesy car available.

If it's a lease car, surely it's the lease companies problem?

If it's your own car, tell them they can't have it if there is no courtesy car available.

01-05-2021, 01:33 PM   #82
Fairway2heaven1984
Rep

My car was sat at my local garage for three weeks before it's finally moved to a location called Immingham in Hull.

Is this another test facility?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 05:21 PM   #83
Madmcs
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M-Sport Plus Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairway2heaven1984 View Post
My car was sat at my local garage for three weeks before it's finally moved to a location called Immingham in Hull.

My car is currently sat at Immingham, nr Hull, for testing.

It arrived just before Xmas and has been under going charge and discharge cycles since yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:19 AM   #84
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Immingham is just the docks, I don't think that's where the cars are going for testing.

All BMWs arriving in the UK go here - https://goo.gl/maps/ziVgoWk9zMtS2g6a8

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:28 AM   #85
Madmcs
Rep

Quote:
Immingham is just the docks, I don't think that's where the cars are going for testing.

Yeah, the dealership said that was where my car was going when they took it. But it was taken to the location below the week before Xmas. Since Monday, the bonnet has been open (and the rear window more worryingly) and the car has since undergone as least four or five charge cycles just outside the building. A colleague's car is at the same location and seems to be undergoing the same process.

https://goo.gl/maps/L3juNUZe2P93iZBz6

Today, my car seems to be complaining about a Tyre Pressure Monitor (RDC) failure and in the services section its no longer knows when the front/rear brake pads will need changing.
Appreciate 1
Jim_330e144.00
      01-06-2021, 04:32 AM   #86
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmcs View Post
Yeah, the dealership said that was where my car was going when they took it. But it was taken to the location below the week before Xmas. Since Monday, the bonnet has been open (and the rear window more worryingly) and the car has since undergone as least four or five charge cycles just outside the building. A colleague's car is at the same location and seems to be undergoing the same process.

https://goo.gl/maps/L3juNUZe2P93iZBz6

Today, my car seems to be complaining about a Tyre Pressure Monitor (RDC) failure and in the services section its no longer knows when the front/rear brake pads will need changing.

Battery pack being removed????

From a video I saw of the battery pack being installed, it probably requires a fair amount of the rear axle area to be disassembled to change or inspect the pack.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:38 AM   #87
Madmcs
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex_G20 View Post
Battery pack being removed????

From a video I saw of the battery pack being installed, it probably requires a fair amount of the rear axle area to be disassembled to change or inspect the pack.
Of course, I saw that video too! I had considered that the wheels were off, but I hadn't thought it that far through. That makes complete sense!

That said, the car is currently connected to a charger and whilst its saying its 100% charged, its only reporting 6 miles of charge. I assume the app doesn't correctly report the charge percentage when it's being external discharged but the miles does seem to change as they charge and discharge.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 03:04 PM   #88
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I have been watching my cars progress of charging via the app and also been using the remote 3D pictures to see what's around it. Mine was definitely sat in front of charger no 6 at Immingham with plenty of X5's, 330's, 225's appearing and disappearing on a daily basis.

Monday 4th mine started charging with bonnet up and rear window open. This afternoon it was still at the same charging station, however this evening it has been moved back to the storage car park it arrived at before Xmas. I can see a similar array of vehicles but also a line of white Mini's?

Fingers crossed it's in a queue for transport back to the dealer. They bizarrely no absolutely nothing about the process or timeline, and this morning swapped my Enterprise Toyota C-HR for a 14 mile old G20 330d M Sport Plus in Grey
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Jim_330e144.00