Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications NEW RELEASE: Dinan BMW G20 M340i Axle Back Exhaust Systems

05-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #111
Mtl.chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Here is a picture of the exhaust on my Dravit Grey.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
      05-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #112
Dravit_M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl.chris View Post
Here is a picture of the exhaust on my Dravit Grey.
Looks great!! Can you post a few more. I have a Dravit and am about 90% sold on this exhaust. How do you like it so far?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #113
BayM340i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Finally got my exhaust on to my Dravit Grey M340! Haven't done too many miles just yet but my first impression is great.

I do have a VRSF catless downpipe as well, so keep that in mind.

The biggest thing to me was the difference between sport and comfort. In comfort it has nearly a similar loudness to stock, just a deeper tone, which is great. In sport mode it's much louder than stock. I do currently have some burbles coded in that will definitely need to be removed as soon as I hear back from Alex at Mission. The burbles are just obnoxious with the valves open. The volume and tone are great in sport though.

I had my friend's shop do the install while I had some other maintenance done. He said they put a quite a bit of effort in to get the tips in to this point and didn't want to push it much more. I'd like to see them pushed in a bit more, or a diffuser might help the look. They do come out quite a bit.

I'll be shooting a bunch more photos and high quality video soon. If there's anything specific anyone wants to see or hear, let me know.

There's one video on my Instagram saved stories on my page here labeled M340i: www.instagram.com/trevorjolinphoto
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
EXE462100.00
      05-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #114
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayM340i View Post
Finally got my exhaust on to my Dravit Grey M340! Haven't done too many miles just yet but my first impression is great.

The biggest thing to me was the difference between sport and comfort. In comfort it has nearly a similar loudness to stock, just a deeper tone, which is great. In sport mode it's much louder than stock. I do currently have some burbles coded in that will definitely need to be removed as soon as I hear back from Alex at Mission. The burbles are just obnoxious with the valves open. The volume and tone are great in sport though.

I had my friend's shop do the install while I had some other maintenance done. He said they put a quite a bit of effort in to get the tips in to this point and didn't want to push it much more. I'd like to see them pushed in a bit more, or a diffuser might help the look. They do come out quite a bit.

I'll be shooting a bunch more photos and high quality video soon. If there's anything specific anyone wants to see or hear, let me know.

There's one video on my Instagram saved stories on my page here labeled M340i: www.instagram.com/trevorjolinphoto
I assume those photos are with the exhaust system fully hot (and as a result fully grown/expanded)? That looks about where I would expect them in that scenario which is similar to our base photos in the OP when everything was hot. When cold it would be sucked in about 3/4" to an inch (this system grows quite a bit).
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:21 AM   #115
BayM340i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
I assume those photos are with the exhaust system fully hot (and as a result fully grown/expanded)? That looks about where I would expect them in that scenario which is similar to our base photos in the OP when everything was hot. When cold it would be sucked in about 3/4" to an inch (this system grows quite a bit).
This was actually taken this morning after the car has been sitting all night. I'll have to take another look and see if we can get them pushed in anymore.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #116
possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Quote:
This was actually taken this morning after the car has been sitting all night. I'll have to take another look and see if we can get them pushed in anymore.
Your shop isn't that good tbh, I was able to get them an inch further In with wd40 and a shoe (to help apply uniform pressure) See my newest picture with the ikon diffuser

Pm me and I can walk you through it
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #117
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Should be able to get them in further. The tips can be tight sliding over the pipe but typically a little grease helps that (like noted below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
Your shop isn't that good tbh, I was able to get them an inch further In with wd40 and a shoe (to help apply uniform pressure) See my newest picture with the ikon diffuser

Pm me and I can walk you through it
Simple but effective tools for the win. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #118
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
The tips from Barry B's post look to be way more pushed in. Think they look much better once they sit more flush.

Considering getting the polished tips for my PB M340. Haven't seen any photos from forum members with the polished tips yet tho. Have black rims but still think the polished would give it a nice clean look maybe
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #119
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
The tips from Barry B's post look to be way more pushed in. Think they look much better once they sit more flush.

Considering getting the polished tips for my PB M340. Haven't seen any photos from forum members with the polished tips yet tho. Have black rims but still think the polished would give it a nice clean look maybe
You may just have to bite the bullet and try it sight unseen. =)

Have only sold 1 polished tip thus far. 5 years ago it was usually a 4 to 1 ratio of black to polished. The last year or 2 its closer to a 10 to 1 ratio. With this particualr exhausts its even much worse than that.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #120
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Have only sold 1 polished tip thus far. 5 years ago it was usually a 4 to 1 ratio of black to polished. The last year or 2 its closer to a 10 to 1 ratio. With this particualr exhausts its even much worse than that.
Interesting to know! I liked the polished MPE tips I had on my F30 a lot. I think I might just go the polished route and see what I think!

Suppose I could always swap them out down the road if I decide black would look better anyways.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 03:26 PM   #121
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting to know! I liked the polished MPE tips I had on my F30 a lot. I think I might just go the polished route and see what I think!

Suppose I could always swap them out down the road if I decide black would look better anyways.
Please do! I really want to see how the polished tips look. I feel as though it provides a nice contrast to a black diffuser and makes the tips more noticeable!
      05-13-2020, 04:31 PM   #122
Dravit_M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:

Me trying to look at these pictures lol..

You should do a rev video at night. It looks like you might be spitting flames out that bad boy! Also definitely try and push those in another 1/2 inch- 1 inch. Would be perfect. Just a little too far out imo. Appreciate the pictures!

Last edited by Dravit_M340i; 05-13-2020 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 05:38 PM   #123
placebo0311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG20 View Post
Please do! I really want to see how the polished tips look. I feel as though it provides a nice contrast to a black diffuser and makes the tips more noticeable!
I think I’m the 1 who got the polished tips. Had it installed a week ago. I’ll take some picks over the weekend and post.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 06:45 PM   #124
blueeyesshined13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 320xi

Just got mine done a few hours ago and wow it sounds way better in person than on the YouTube videos.... I did a cold start and i got kind of startled.. wasn’t expecting it to be so deep and loud! So many cracks and pops in sport plus
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2020, 07:30 PM   #125
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks, I agree. Pushed in looks GREAT.
Love the Dravit too but the tips need to go in.....
- can't imagine more burbles coded - would be too much in sport . Carbahn tune with this exhaust brings the beast out....
Attached Images

60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 3
Gdiddy23907.50
siegester344.50
Dsword1.50
      05-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #126
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo0311 View Post
Quote:
I think I’m the 1 who got the polished tips. Had it installed a week ago. I’ll take some picks over the weekend and post.
O man. You just made so many peoples day. You're going to be in high demand here shortly.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:11 AM   #127
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Thanks, I agree. Pushed in looks GREAT.
Love the Dravit too but the tips need to go in.....
- can't imagine more burbles coded - would be too much in sport . Carbahn tune with this exhaust brings the beast out....
Pushed in looks 100x better
Appreciate 1
siegester344.50
      05-14-2020, 02:54 PM   #128
FoCoChris
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i - G20

Done! Absolutely worth it!!!!
Appreciate 7
      05-15-2020, 07:24 AM   #129
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:

The tips sticking out that far are more attention seeking than my ex girlfriend on Instagram

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 2
      05-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #130
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
The tips sticking out that far are more attention seeking than my ex girlfriend on Instagram
LOL!
      05-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #131
skw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Am I in the minority that would like the tips w/ the DINAN right at the edge of the diffuser? Seems like most are asking for the lettering to be unseen.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 10:40 AM   #132
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo0311 View Post
Quote:
Any chance for pics of the polished set today???
Appreciate 0