Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions MHD vs Veepeak wireless odb2 for simple coding and scanning

05-02-2024, 12:41 PM   #1
digitalatlas
Rep
Drives: 330i

MHD vs Veepeak wireless odb2 for simple coding and scanning

I've been reading through the threads and was looking at the MHD odb adapter because it seems more robust and faster than ODBLink that was recommended for Bimmercode and Bimmerlink.

Then I noticed a bunch of people also using Veepeak, which seams like even more budget friendly. Now I would not necessarily go to the cheapest game in town when it comes to interfacing with my car, which keeps me safe as it hurtles me down the highway at 100km/h. But the Veepeak costs about $50 cad compared to $130 Canadian, plus 13 percent tax.

Basically I don't plan to use new MHD maps or anything like that. I think I will at most, try Bimmercode if one day it manages to disable ASS again, and I'll pick up Bimmerlink to scan for codes of it ever comes up. I wouldn't clear codes without fixing something, but it would be nice to be able to clear a code. But I just want to get my own idea about the code before taking it into the shop, so I'm not flying blind.

So based on my pretty limited use case, should I get the MHD red or Veepeak Blu+? I believe in getting decent quality stuff, but don't want to be wasteful either.
Appreciate 0