Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Is PIO for custom orders possible?

01-03-2023, 08:29 PM   #1
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340xi Portimao Blue

Garage List
Is PIO for custom orders possible?

I'm wondering if any bmw parts or accessories are able to be added to the vehicle order and installed at the port or dealership? Specifically I'm looking at the m performance bits like the steering wheel and trim for example.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 08:25 AM   #2
Dairdevyld
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_FF View Post
I'm wondering if any bmw parts or accessories are able to be added to the vehicle order and installed at the port or dealership? Specifically I'm looking at the m performance bits like the steering wheel and trim for example.
I asked this a few weeks ago. See answers at link below.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1975611

I was able to add M Performance parts once my vehicle hit the assembly stage. I'm not sure if they were added at the factory or if they'll be added at port or at the dealer.
Appreciate 1
Geo_FF140.00
      01-04-2023, 09:04 AM   #3
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairdevyld View Post
I asked this a few weeks ago. See answers at link below.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1975611

I was able to add M Performance parts once my vehicle hit the assembly stage. I'm not sure if they were added at the factory or if they'll be added at port or at the dealer.
I appreciate the link. That's good news and hopefully they aren't too strict with the more universal parts (although still listed as compatible). The alcantara steering wheel would save me a lot of stress than if I did it myself. Reaching out to my guy now!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 12:07 PM   #4
Dairdevyld
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I appreciate the link. That's good news and hopefully they aren't too strict with the more universal parts (although still listed as compatible). The alcantara steering wheel would save me a lot of stress than if I did it myself. Reaching out to my guy now!
I tried adding this but it's listed as an incompatible part. Was wondering why. Maybe it's something to do with the heated steering wheel configuration if included.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 01:36 PM   #5
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I tried adding this but it's listed as an incompatible part. Was wondering why. Maybe it's something to do with the heated steering wheel configuration if included.
That is likely. Does your car have heated steering wheel and driving assistant professional?

The official shopbmwusa site definitely excludes the steering wheel once the m340i is selected. Bmwpartspros lists it as compatible, but does have a disclaimer about losing the heating function. It also states you cannot have the driving assistant professional option, so that may be another reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 04:33 PM   #6
Dairdevyld
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That is likely. Does your car have heated steering wheel and driving assistant professional?

The official shopbmwusa site definitely excludes the steering wheel once the m340i is selected. Bmwpartspros lists it as compatible, but does have a disclaimer about losing the heating function. It also states you cannot have the driving assistant professional option, so that may be another reason.
Ahhh, yes I have both those features added to my vehicle. I'm sure there's a compatible Alcantara wheel for the DAPP, not so sure for the heating option.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 06:36 PM   #7
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ahhh, yes I have both those features added to my vehicle. I'm sure there's a compatible Alcantara wheel for the DAPP, not so sure for the heating option.
I sent it over to my broker to confirm with the GM anyway. I don't have DAPP so who knows.
Appreciate 0