Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum First time ordering 430i gran coupe Qs?

12-08-2022, 12:17 AM   #1
Mkj0811
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i gc

First time ordering 430i gran coupe Qs?

Hey everyone,

This will be my first time ordering a bmw and planning to meet at a dealership this upcoming week to finalize. I’m coming from a 2012 Chevy Cruze so… huge upgrade here xD I Have a few questions though

1. This is my current build; here. And am wondering if there’s anything you guys would say is a must have based on your experience? I was debating the adaptive m suspension but after reading through the forum, that seems like a must add for many so I think I’ll go through with that one? but anything else that should be included? I’m skipping on the sensatec dash, the parking package(i think what’s standard is good enough for me. I only have parking sensors on my current car so lol) , dynamic handling and headlights plus the ventilated seats cause I don’t care to have leather seats but all the other stuff are generally important must haves for me.

2. Has anyone gotten lower OTD prices for ordering this car? I’m perfectly fine with where it’s at but I’m curious if I can negotiate a bit off when I go to order.. I’m In SoCal btw.

3. How long have you been quoted for a wait? I’m expecting 2-3 months from when I place the order but I know these are built in Germany and can take a while, just curious if it’s sped up a bit since earlier this year.

Anything else I should consider before I order? Thanks in advance ! ^^.
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #2
Vegas430iGranCoupe
BrooklynGrey
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 430i GC, 2021 BMW X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkj0811 View Post
Hey everyone,

This will be my first time ordering a bmw and planning to meet at a dealership this upcoming week to finalize. I’m coming from a 2012 Chevy Cruze so… huge upgrade here xD I Have a few questions though

1. This is my current build; here. And am wondering if there’s anything you guys would say is a must have based on your experience? I was debating the adaptive m suspension but after reading through the forum, that seems like a must add for many so I think I’ll go through with that one? but anything else that should be included? I’m skipping on the sensatec dash, the parking package(i think what’s standard is good enough for me. I only have parking sensors on my current car so lol) , dynamic handling and headlights plus the ventilated seats cause I don’t care to have leather seats but all the other stuff are generally important must haves for me.

2. Has anyone gotten lower OTD prices for ordering this car? I’m perfectly fine with where it’s at but I’m curious if I can negotiate a bit off when I go to order.. I’m In SoCal btw.

3. How long have you been quoted for a wait? I’m expecting 2-3 months from when I place the order but I know these are built in Germany and can take a while, just curious if it’s sped up a bit since earlier this year.

Anything else I should consider before I order? Thanks in advance ! ^^.
Looks exactly like my build, but I did Tocora red seats, blue brakes.

I am coming from 2015 Z4 2.8, it has Adaptive M suspension, but I drove in Sport mode 100% of time with paddle shifters...

I didn't get dynamic package, nor leather, would be nice to fully load up, but costs start to add up...

Only thing I wish I had was $100 drive recorder option... it wasn't available or I missed it.

My dealer in Henderson NV would not deal on price at time of order, (Oct 4th), car just arrived picking up today, so hope to get something off new car or on trade in side, will see, but have zero leverage now.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
Mkj0811
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas430iGranCoupe View Post
Looks exactly like my build, but I did Tocora red seats, blue brakes.

I am coming from 2015 Z4 2.8, it has Adaptive M suspension, but I drove in Sport mode 100% of time with paddle shifters...

I didn't get dynamic package, nor leather, would be nice to fully load up, but costs start to add up...

Only thing I wish I had was $100 drive recorder option... it wasn't available or I missed it.

My dealer in Henderson NV would not deal on price at time of order, (Oct 4th), car just arrived picking up today, so hope to get something off new car or on trade in side, will see, but have zero leverage now.

Ooo~ that combo sounds nice. I’m debating between black or the Tacora red seats :/ can’t seem to make a decision cause I just pick one then start doubting, pick the other, and then it’s just a back and forth game.

I think the 100$ drive recorder is only added if you also add the $700 parking assistance package with it. It doesn’t have parking recording so I figured I may as well just buy a dashcam instead that does. Also totally get ya on the packages adding up in cost XD I feel like I picked out the most important stuff to me, the others are nice to haves but I think I can live without it.

So yours was about a 3 month wait?. Let me know if you end up getting any other deals once you get your car ^^
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #4
fortim
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '22 e-Tron PP, '23 M440i GC

Does the dealer have an allocation for a 430 GC? If so, do they have a production number? If so, 2-3 months is about right. If they don't have an allocation you're in limbo waiting for an allocation to start the process.
I just picked up my M440i GC two weeks ago and paid MSRP and it took 14 weeks to get the car. My dealer had an allocation, production number AND a scheduled build date when I placed my order.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 01:37 PM   #5
Mkj0811
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortim View Post
Does the dealer have an allocation for a 430 GC? If so, do they have a production number? If so, 2-3 months is about right. If they don't have an allocation you're in limbo waiting for an allocation to start the process.
I just picked up my M440i GC two weeks ago and paid MSRP and it took 14 weeks to get the car. My dealer had an allocation, production number AND a scheduled build date when I placed my order.
I actually just asked the dealership I’m working with right now the allocation question. Would they have the production number and scheduled build date even before I meet with them to place my order? Want to make sure I’m asking the right questions and if they can’t answer, I’ll go with another dealer that can.

I’m not in a rush but obviously no one wants to wait too long for a car to come in if the normal time is 2-3 months ^^
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 02:59 PM   #6
fortim
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I actually just asked the dealership I’m working with right now the allocation question. Would they have the production number and scheduled build date even before I meet with them to place my order? Want to make sure I’m asking the right questions and if they can’t answer, I’ll go with another dealer that can.

I’m not in a rush but obviously no one wants to wait too long for a car to come in if the normal time is 2-3 months ^^
The dealer should be able to tell you if an existing allocation has a production number. Remember, no allocation and they can't order the car.
In my case, the order was for stock but because it didn't have a VIN assigned, it became a sold order (to me).
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 03:19 PM   #7
Mkj0811
Private
Rep

Quote:
The dealer should be able to tell you if an existing allocation has a production number. Remember, no allocation and they can't order the car.
In my case, the order was for stock but because it didn't have a VIN assigned, it became a sold order (to me).
Ahh gotcha. Okay I think I found one with allocation but I’m planning to go in person to place the order. Did they ask you for a credit application during the time of order? O.o
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 05:20 PM   #8
fortim
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Ahh gotcha. Okay I think I found one with allocation but I’m planning to go in person to place the order. Did they ask you for a credit application during the time of order? O.o
No, but I've been dealing with this dealer for 20 years so all they asked for was a deposit. The credit application was completed a couple of days before the car arrived.

My experiences:

1) Allocation
2) Production number
3) Scheduled for production
4) VIN issued just prior to production.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 07:09 PM   #9
LPTyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

I love the parking package and wouldn’t want to do without now I’ve had it. My garage is tight, so it’s handy there. I also like it for parking so I don’t hit curbs when getting close to parking bumpers and sidewalks.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 08:47 PM   #10
Bimmerposter1
Rep
Drives: Soon

Isn't the drive recorder available to purchase through idrive as long as you have the parking package (cameras)?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 11:07 PM   #11
aji328
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
No, but I've been dealing with this dealer for 20 years so all they asked for was a deposit. The credit application was completed a couple of days before the car arrived.

My experiences:

1) Allocation
2) Production number
3) Scheduled for production
4) VIN issued just prior to production.
I'm in the same boat as OP, so if I'm looking for a dealer, I should check to see if they have allocation for a 430i new build? If there is allocation with the dealer, how long before they can provide a production number and schedule for production?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:02 AM   #12
fortim
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aji328 View Post
I'm in the same boat as OP, so if I'm looking for a dealer, I should check to see if they have allocation for a 430i new build? If there is allocation with the dealer, how long before they can provide a production number and schedule for production?
Yes, and if they have an allocation they should be able to show you the current status. Mine was a July allocation and was originally a stock order. Car was built 9/15ish.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 11:43 PM   #13
Mkj0811
Private
Rep

Thanks everyone for the help on the thread. I just placed my order with a dealership that had an allocation i believe for a build starting third or 4th week of January. For anyone curious on the cost, MSRP was the best I could get so the market is still a bit rough for anyone ordering a car and wondering if they can negotiate.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 09:30 AM   #14
Dairdevyld
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the help on the thread. I just placed my order with a dealership that had an allocation i believe for a build starting third or 4th week of January. For anyone curious on the cost, MSRP was the best I could get so the market is still a bit rough for anyone ordering a car and wondering if they can negotiate.
Did they offer current year MSRP or did it force you into the price increase since it's post-January 1st?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 10:19 AM   #15
fortim
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Congrats on the order! If it's scheduled to be built 1/4, the VIN will be issued very shortly so have your build sorted out now as once the VIN is issued, it can't be changed.
Colors, options, etc?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #16
Mkj0811
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairdevyld View Post
Did they offer current year MSRP or did it force you into the price increase since it's post-January 1st?
I believe so - basically whatever the MSRP was on my build that's what ended up on being on the price sheet that we both signed. $53,970 with destination Fee was the total price (MSRP). They didn't mention any price increase for MSRP next year though.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #17
Mkj0811
Private
Rep

Quote:
Congrats on the order! If it's scheduled to be built 1/4, the VIN will be issued very shortly so have your build sorted out now as once the VIN is issued, it can't be changed.
Colors, options, etc?
Thank you! yes. I've been debating options for at least 2 weeks now so I got everything I wanted added. I went back and forth on the interior color but ultimately decided on Tacora red sensatec which will look like nice with the Brooklyn Grey.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 11:08 PM   #18
aji328
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Yes, and if they have an allocation they should be able to show you the current status. Mine was a July allocation and was originally a stock order. Car was built 9/15ish.
Congrats Mkj0811!

Thanks for the reply fortim. What would the current status show? I've talked to a few dealerships who says they have allocation. When I ask for status or built date they all say they don't have that info. or the Germany factory is out for the holidays.

One more question for you guys, what is the min. finance amt. they're quoting you to qualify for the loyalty incentive? They're telling me I need to finance at least $8500 to get the $500 incentive.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 04:14 AM   #19
fortim
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aji328 View Post
Congrats Mkj0811!

Thanks for the reply fortim. What would the current status show? I've talked to a few dealerships who says they have allocation. When I ask for status or built date they all say they don't have that info. or the Germany factory is out for the holidays.

One more question for you guys, what is the min. finance amt. they're quoting you to qualify for the loyalty incentive? They're telling me I need to finance at least $8500 to get the $500 incentive.
The next step would be a production number; if it has one they can see it. If not, it hasn't been slotted for production.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:36 AM   #20
Vegas430iGranCoupe
BrooklynGrey
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you! yes. I've been debating options for at least 2 weeks now so I got everything I wanted added. I went back and forth on the interior color but ultimately decided on Tacora red sensatec which will look like nice with the Brooklyn Grey.
My car was ordered October 4th,
Left the factory Oct 17th
Shipped on Nov9th
Arrived in LA port Dec 4th
Picked up my car at Dealership Dec 8th..

With interest rates being so high, I don't think there are many cars in their order pool, so you should see your car go right into production.

Supply issues seem to be getting better, even PS5s can be found in the wild!
Attached Images

Last edited by Vegas430iGranCoupe; 12-27-2022 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 11:13 PM   #21
Mkj0811
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas430iGranCoupe View Post
My car was ordered October 4th,
Left the factory Oct 17th
Shipped on Nov9th
Arrived in LA port Dec 4th
Picked up my car at Dealership Dec 8th..

With interest rates being so high, I don't think there are many cars in their order pool, so you should see your car go right into production.

Supply issues seem to be getting better, even PS5s can be found in the wild!

Oh it looks like you got your car just a little over 2 months after you placed your order! That’s really awesome ^^ mine was set to be scheduled to be produced 4th week of January and delivery estimated March 6th.. I wonder if it may come early. O.o I placed my order December 13th and it went into the “production begins” stage 2 days later.

Your car is beautiful ^^ how are you liking it so far?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 12:31 PM   #22
Vegas430iGranCoupe
BrooklynGrey
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh it looks like you got your car just a little over 2 months after you placed your order! That’s really awesome ^^ mine was set to be scheduled to be produced 4th week of January and delivery estimated March 6th.. I wonder if it may come early. O.o I placed my order December 13th and it went into the “production begins” stage 2 days later.

Your car is beautiful ^^ how are you liking it so far?
Thanks, love the color, I was worried I would see "blue tint" in color all the time, but it is definitely grey... Overall It is great, ride is awesome, very quick. Got windows tinted yesterday with 15% ceramic nano (sides and back) 50% (front)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1