Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Software update 2019/11.40 no pops and burbles

05-28-2020, 02:22 AM   #67
raptorEdko
DYI Master
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW G20, Ford Focus ST

3 days ago I got the update 2019/11.70 prompt on my screen and started to read this thread because I knew about the problem. Since I am planning to upgrade the exhaust on my 330i M Sport, I did the update anyway. Well, good news, I still got that exhaust noise on Sport+ and I was so relieved. I was sitting in the garage for 2 hours like an idiot and was not sure if to press Continue or not, lol.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2020, 08:01 AM   #68
franxx
Rep
Drives: G21 330i

This week I had two M340i test drives:first a touring an then a sedan. After reading this post I did not expect loud burbles at all, and indeed I could not hear them in the touring. When I tried later the sedan, however, there was a clear sound difference, with lots of nice burbles then lifting throttle and when downshifting. I checked the software version and was still 07/2019.38. I can imagine that sooner or later it will have to be updated and the burbles will disappear or become way less noticeable while driving.

So I totally understand owners that got their software updated and lost the nice sound, I would be really upset as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #69
claudioagmfilho
Private
Brazil
Rep
Drives: X3MC+320i M+ 330i M Sport

Well in my tune that I had b4
It also took my bmw recorder so now my m sport 330i feels like shit and also I lost my bmw recorded which records 20 seconds b4 and after shits happen I want to se it to b4 how I set the software to its previous version anyone knows how to do that?
I hate this tune they did over the air I am really disappointed with bmw now
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:18 AM   #70
cilas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i (G29)

Here in Brazil, the 330i (M Sport) comes with Sport+ from factory.
I just got mine this weekend. I checked and when changed from Comfort to Sport+, it opens the exahaust valve, you can even hear the metal sound when it opens. With the car stopped in Park mode, I throttle and the pops are loud and beatiful, but when driving no pops at all.
That's makes no sense, it does the pops but only when the car is not moving

Have someone found the solution for this?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #71
cilas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i (G29)

It seems the only way to bring the pops back, is using the Bootmod3. Actualy it is a reflash app, used to boost performance instead of using plug n play solutions like JB4. But it comes with a lot more features and one of them is to customize the pops, even how much and for how long they will pop. Of course, you could damage some parts depending the way it is used.

Have anyone tried this app?
Appreciate 0