02-21-2024, 06:23 AM   #287
bobone74
Registered
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328iX; G20 330iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
After almost 3 years, I figured this out!!!!

Couple of plans got cancelled tonight and I found myself messing with the car and I got everything to work via Bimmer Code thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Here is what I have done based on all the data that I have gathered through this thread. Full disclosure: Do this at your own risk!!!!

This is what worked for me.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Bimmer Code installed on your device.

Body Domain Control Menu, Expert mode change everything below as stated previously.

LIC_FEATURE_14 enable -> disable
LIC_NIVEAU_OVVERRIDE_INDEX G20_US_code2 -> G22_ECE_code2
LIC_NIVEAU_OVVERRIDE_DATA_0 G20_US_code2 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_PHYS_LAMP_INDEX G20_US_code1 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_PHYS_LAMP_DATA G20_US_code1 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_EDGE_CUTTER_RULE_ASSIGNMENT G20_US_code -> G20_ECE_code

And then go ahead and execute the coding.

Now this is the step that we all have been missing.

Once you are done with above coding, do not touch anything and go back to the expert mode and pull up

LICVERSIONDATA

Bimmer code has different values added to this list after you code above which were not present before or if you do all the coding at once. Based on the actual codes that larrylam646 & moproblems provided, I scrolled through the entire list and found values that matched their data around 98%. Following values were provided for by Larry and Moproblems:

71,14,09,02,08,44,06,4F,00,0A,14,02,B4,C8,02,F0,0F ,3E,D4,2C,27,32,03,03,07,02,28,78,3F,EF,16,0C,04,0 A,27,0F,77

I studied the entire list carefully and what I ended up choosing was the only set of data that started with 71, 14 and 09 which is identified as UNKNOWN_28 in my case (based on your vehicle's options your UNKNOWN number might be different) (Pay attention to the values!). The rest of the data on Bimmer code under any of the other UNKNOWNS were not even a close match and there was only one set of data that started with 71 in my case.

See below pic for UNKNOWN_28 for the values I selected.

Go ahead and execute coding again and then you are DONE!

Full set of Turn Signals that are separated from brake lights just as BMW designed!

I tested everything that I can while in the garage and everything works just as it would on a Rest of the Word (ROW) spec cars.

I will have to double check emergency braking feature and some other stuff when I drive the car tomorrow but brake lights, back up lights, turn signals, DRLs, parking lights (all), parking lights left & right & etc work perfectly with no hyper flashing on turn signals!!!!

Time to order some beautiful AMBER tail lights now

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I might create a separate thread to document this whole thing so that other folks don't have to read through this whole thing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

PS: My car's options are listed in my signature per the option codes BMW offered at the time of ordering. I do have Laser Lights which I don't know makes any difference as far as coding is concerned.

Can I do this coding via my Android Phone or only via computer? Bimmercode tell that it is not possible to share the licence between Android and Windows.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 10:58 PM   #288
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobone74 View Post
Can I do this coding via my Android Phone or only via computer? Bimmercode tell that it is not possible to share the licence between Android and Windows.
You can use your Android. That's what I have been using. Just download the app.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 08:49 PM   #289
Pickle of the Turk
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post

LIC_FEATURE_14 enable -> disable
LIC_NIVEAU_OVVERRIDE_INDEX G20_US_code2 -> G22_ECE_code2
LIC_NIVEAU_OVVERRIDE_DATA_0 G20_US_code2 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_PHYS_LAMP_INDEX G20_US_code1 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_PHYS_LAMP_DATA G20_US_code1 -> G20_ECE_code1
LIC_EDGE_CUTTER_RULE_ASSIGNMENT G20_US_code -> G20_ECE_code

And then go ahead and execute the coding.

Now this is the step that we all have been missing.

Once you are done with above coding, do not touch anything and go back to the expert mode and pull up

LICVERSIONDATA

Bimmer code has different values added to this list after you code above which were not present before or if you do all the coding at once. Based on the actual codes that larrylam646 & moproblems provided, I scrolled through the entire list and found values that matched their data around 98%. Following values were provided for by Larry and Moproblems:

71,14,09,02,08,44,06,4F,00,0A,14,02,B4,C8,02,F0,0F ,3E,D4,2C,27,32,03,03,07,02,28,78,3F,EF,16,0C,04,0 A,27,0F,77

I studied the entire list carefully and what I ended up choosing was the only set of data that started with 71, 14 and 09 which is identified as UNKNOWN_28 in my case (based on your vehicle's options your UNKNOWN number might be different) (Pay attention to the values!). The rest of the data on Bimmer code under any of the other UNKNOWNS were not even a close match and there was only one set of data that started with 71 in my case.

My car has the 03/2023.50 version (when Bimmercode became unable to code ASS memory, rip) and I changed all of these (my unknowns were different, but the first 71 and 14 matching one I selected), but at most was able to separate the signals on the outer lights. The inner lights' light bar and reverse was working, but I wasn't getting the signals.

Then after an hour of messing around to understand why it might be, I decided to search "country" under the BDC Expert Mode, and found the "VCM_COUNTRY" variable, which was set to us or usa (I don't recall exact). I changed that to "ece" and... it worked! I have no idea what it changes, but nothing else about the car seemingly changed like units.

Not sure why initially it excluded the signals on the inner (trunk mounted) lights, when everything else was working. But after changing that seems that everything works. Haven't tried out the brake force thing though it is (partially?) coded. Next step is to source some EUDM tails!
Appreciate 0