Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA What price did you pay for your M340i?

11-04-2023, 02:46 AM   #89
corporal_clegg
Registered
Rep
Drives: M340i

Hi everyone.
Can I have an idea of what to expect to pay for a new M340i fully loaded in Tanzanite or the other individual colour (Dravit grey) in QLD?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 01:31 AM   #90
Haruman
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporal_clegg View Post
Hi everyone.
Can I have an idea of what to expect to pay for a new M340i fully loaded in Tanzanite or the other individual colour (Dravit grey) in QLD?
I ordered mine earlier this year - Tanzanite Blue, fully loaded + Carbon Fiber interior trim for just under $120k. I think I could've gotten a cheaper price if I haggled further but I didn't want to waste my time & energy.

I think you can probably aim for lower than this - a friend of mine got one (Dravit Grey) last year for $114k drive away but note that he got a massive discount because his model was missing the comfort access (keyless entry and lock) and some features we now get. So probably aim for $117-$118k and maybe even a bit lower if you can. So definitely shop around the different dealerships (I shopped around 3 myself - first one quoted $128k drive away with no discount, second one offered $122k and the last one offered $119.5k after an hour of haggling so I bought it there) and let me know if you have any questions here, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions based on my purchase experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 10:16 PM   #91
AD75
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i (soon), Nissan 370Z

Took longer than I expected (a year to the day since I first posted in this thread!) but finally signed a contract today.

Tanzanite blue, 792M wheels, black vernasca interior with the fine wood oak grain trim. M Sport Pro package, Executive package, M Technology package, window tint, M 50th anniversary badges and 5 year service plan. $118,300. Build March, delivery April / May, they tell me.

Last edited by AD75; 02-03-2024 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 03:04 PM   #92
Shrek69
Rep
Drives: M340i

I ordered mine on the 22nd of January. Spoke to a genius last week, goes into production in February. However, I was told delivery was going to take 4-6 months, earliest end of May.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 04:27 AM   #93
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 SSG, 2021 Audi SQ7

I was told 5-6 months, took 8 months, went missing for about 2 weeks and arrived with a huge crease in the drivers door. Hope you don't have the same experience!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 08:56 PM   #94
AD75
Rep

I'm not too fussed by delays, if it takes 6 months or whatever that's fine I'm in no rush. As long as it turns up undamaged!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 12:11 AM   #95
Haruman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra055 View Post
I was told 5-6 months, took 8 months, went missing for about 2 weeks and arrived with a huge crease in the drivers door. Hope you don't have the same experience!
What actually happened?? Did the dealer go for a joyride on your car and damaged it prior to the delivery? I'm guessing you didn't take the car!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 12:14 AM   #96
Haruman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD75 View Post
Took longer than I expected (a year to the day since I first posted in this thread!) but finally signed a contract today.

Tanzanite blue, 792M wheels, black vernasca interior with the fine wood oak grain trim. M Sport Pro package, Executive package, M Technology package, window tint, M 50th anniversary badges and 5 year service plan. $118,300. Build March, delivery April / May, they tell me.
From my purchase experience, it's highly unlikely that they'll deliver your vehicle in Apr/May if the build is in March. It generally takes a minimum of 3-4 months from the build date to delivery (even longer quite often). You'll probably get yours in July/August.

Just heads up so you are not disappointed!

They took 11 months to deliver mine from the order date.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 03:32 AM   #97
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 SSG, 2021 Audi SQ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruman View Post
What actually happened?? Did the dealer go for a joyride on your car and damaged it prior to the delivery? I'm guessing you didn't take the car!
I'm honestly not 100% sure, but my theory is below.
Quick summary, car arrived mid September, dealer rang me following day to say it'll be ready for collection in a week. Week came and went, dealer then said should be here next week. That came and went, then the car no longer had an ETA on the BMW portal.

Three weeks later I pushed them and said I was sure the car had been damaged and wanted answers, they finally chased it up and admitted yes it had been damaged and sent me a pic of a very innocuous looking dent. They told me they had requested it be released to them and it would be there in 2 days to which I said, let me know when it arrives and touch nothing.

I arrive an hour after the car was unloaded to find a big crease in the drivers door, which looked nothing like the innocuous photo they sent me. My theory is that when they were loading the car on to the truck to transport it, the driver opened the drivers door on to one of the steel uprights on the truck and creased it through the bodyline.

The dealer wasn't particularly helpful through any of this. I had to chase for answers, they new I was in a situation where I needed the car ASAP (second kid was born end August and needed a bigger) and at no point did they offer a loan car, any compensation or even an apology.
Their solution was to swap the door from a 330i that had also come in, but the colour match wasn't right - the door was noticeably darker than the rest of the car. So yes, in the end I backed out of the deal.

As soon as I saw the damage, I went into plan B mode looking for other cars. The irony was that when I ordered the car, I was actually interested in a G80, but the lead time was too long (again, needed it for number 2 child who was due September). But while I could only find 2 M340's, neither with the options I wanted (mine was fully loaded), I actually found there to be quite a few G80's around and dealers were willing do decent deals on them to boot. One dealer had 4 cars available, all due to buyers backing out. So in the end, I managed to pickup one of those at a good price and no waiting.

Here are the pics
Name:  IMG_4357.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  168.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4359.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  167.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 05:08 PM   #98
AD75
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra055 View Post
I'm honestly not 100% sure, but my theory is below.
Quick summary, car arrived mid September, dealer rang me following day to say it'll be ready for collection in a week. Week came and went, dealer then said should be here next week. That came and went, then the car no longer had an ETA on the BMW portal.

Three weeks later I pushed them and said I was sure the car had been damaged and wanted answers, they finally chased it up and admitted yes it had been damaged and sent me a pic of a very innocuous looking dent. They told me they had requested it be released to them and it would be there in 2 days to which I said, let me know when it arrives and touch nothing.

I arrive an hour after the car was unloaded to find a big crease in the drivers door, which looked nothing like the innocuous photo they sent me. My theory is that when they were loading the car on to the truck to transport it, the driver opened the drivers door on to one of the steel uprights on the truck and creased it through the bodyline.

The dealer wasn't particularly helpful through any of this. I had to chase for answers, they new I was in a situation where I needed the car ASAP (second kid was born end August and needed a bigger) and at no point did they offer a loan car, any compensation or even an apology.
Their solution was to swap the door from a 330i that had also come in, but the colour match wasn't right - the door was noticeably darker than the rest of the car. So yes, in the end I backed out of the deal.

As soon as I saw the damage, I went into plan B mode looking for other cars. The irony was that when I ordered the car, I was actually interested in a G80, but the lead time was too long (again, needed it for number 2 child who was due September). But while I could only find 2 M340's, neither with the options I wanted (mine was fully loaded), I actually found there to be quite a few G80's around and dealers were willing do decent deals on them to boot. One dealer had 4 cars available, all due to buyers backing out. So in the end, I managed to pickup one of those at a good price and no waiting.

Here are the pics
Attachment 3387594

Attachment 3387595
Nah, I wouldn't accept that either.

Out of curiosity, what did you end up paying for the G80? 😁
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 05:10 PM   #99
AD75
Rep

Quote:
From my purchase experience, it's highly unlikely that they'll deliver your vehicle in Apr/May if the build is in March. It generally takes a minimum of 3-4 months from the build date to delivery (even longer quite often). You'll probably get yours in July/August.

Yeah, July / August is fine. I'm quite happy to keep driving my current car and interest rates are good at the moment so an extra month or three of keeping that money in the bank is just earning me money anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:50 AM   #100
pieter.b
Registered
Rep
Drives: M440i Xdrive Mht 2dr

Has anyone leased an M4? I'm looking at pricing from all the main places, and it seems to be around £700. Any advise when leasing an M4?
looking at this company https://www.mwvc.co.uk/car-leasing
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 06:44 PM   #101
Haruman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter.b View Post
Has anyone leased an M4? I'm looking at pricing from all the main places, and it seems to be around £700. Any advise when leasing an M4?
looking at this company https://www.mwvc.co.uk/car-leasing
Hey friend, this is an Australian forum, you might want to check out the UK forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 07:18 PM   #102
BigAlinOZ
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus ST

Why doesn't Australia have lane change assist? US and other regions have it but not us. Can this be added with a software update? Surly it's just a software thing right? Are there any updates we can get here?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 08:39 PM   #103
HiFi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlinOZ View Post
Why doesn't Australia have lane change assist? US and other regions have it but not us. Can this be added with a software update? Surly it's just a software thing right? Are there any updates we can get here?
because our ADR doesnt allow it - the cars have the tech for it already...
      03-24-2024, 08:28 PM   #104
BigAlinOZ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
because our ADR doesnt allow it - the cars have the tech for it already...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, they have the tech so could we just get a software update or hack from the US?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 09:54 PM   #105
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlinOZ View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, they have the tech so could we just get a software update or hack from the US?
Lane Change Assist can be coded if you have the right BMW compatible software (esys). This can be tricky if you are not comfortable with computers. See the thread below for more information on coding the G20 and “esys” coding.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=Coding

Unfortunately, coding with BimmerCode has a component that is missing and, therefore, does not allow Lange Change Assist to be easily coded into your car. A while ago, I had asked the author to add this in but, alas, it has not been done to-date.

Last edited by SteveAus; 03-24-2024 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Addition
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 04:08 PM   #106
BigAlinOZ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Lane Change Assist can be coded if you have the right BMW compatible software (esys). This can be tricky if you are not comfortable with computers. See the thread below for more information on coding the G20 and “esys” coding.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=Coding

Unfortunately, coding with BimmerCode has a component that is missing and, therefore, does not allow Lange Change Assist to be easily coded into your car. A while ago, I had asked the author to add this in but, alas, it has not been done to-date.

Thanks for this, I'll take a look and see if we can follow up. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 06:01 PM   #107
Younge
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Please PM if you are interested in a m340i 2023 that's fully wrapped in frozen ppf.
Brooklyn grey with cognac and carbon interior.

I would rather sell it privately than trade her in.
      Today, 06:37 AM   #108
AD75
Rep

Quote:

Mine finished build on March 29, just got notified today that it is now on a ship. ETA is late June so hopefully delivery early July. Apparently they get shipped from Mexico to Germany before being sent down here?

Excitement... Building 😁
Appreciate 0