Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Mods currently supported on the G20

01-04-2020, 09:06 PM   #23
JuiceCrab
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Hi, I want to start a thread dedicated to discussions revolving around mods for this car, specifically for the B48 engine variant. I know there are limitations with this engine even seen on the F30, but because this car is so new, it would be great to have a thread compiling all possible mods at this moment.

I have researched extensively for the last couple of weeks and my conclusion is that the only mods that you can do to this car at the moment would be the installation of:

- BMS Billet Intake OR Injen Intake
- Exhaust Upgrade Kit

These would theoretically increase performance by ~20-25 HP. and ~20 lb-ft of torque.

Not sure if the JB+ is supported on the G20, please confirm if anyone has tried, I will contact them to see what they say regarding support on the G20.

Besides these mods listed above, please share your knowledge and thoughts as to what other mods may be supported on this car!
The BMW Billet intake, will it fit on any B48 engine? I have a G20 330i and this is out Australian vendor. They told me it would not fit but I think they may be mistaken. Do you also have any knowledge if this would void the factory warranty and/or extended warranty?

Cheers

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/prod...230i+330i+430i
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #24
Turboh
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330iX 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceCrab View Post
The BMW Billet intake, will it fit on any B48 engine? I have a G20 330i and this is out Australian vendor. They told me it would not fit but I think they may be mistaken. Do you also have any knowledge if this would void the factory warranty and/or extended warranty?

Cheers

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/prod...230i+330i+430i
Hi,

I did talk to BMS and they said that they do not yet have an intake that fits the g20 330i b46 engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #25
shanknik
Enlisted Member
Balearic Islands
Rep
Drives: Man

Hi all,

I am pretty keen to squeeze as much performance out of my 330i (g20) as possible.. although I am a complete newb.

I took it to an exhaust shop here in Canberra last week, and they told me the only thing that can really be done is to change the catalytic converter which would definitely void warranty (i have already had issues with the car so very hesitant to do this). For noise he said he could change the muffler (if memory serves).

I am curious to know what other mods are available and suit the car well, I have been looking into these JB's, and ECU remaps, has anyone had any experience with iTronic?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 05:13 AM   #26
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Thought it's about time to update this thread now that I have done a bunch of mods on my car. Here is every mod that I have done, as well as every mod that I have planned.

Mods:
Bootmod3 Stage 2 93 Octane
Catless Downpipe from speedpowershop on eBay
Muffler Delete Y-Pipe

Mods Planned:
- VRSF Charge Pipes Upgrade

Other:
- Basically every exhaust company now has a kit out for the G20 platform, there's lots of variations out there, including Akrapovic
- Resonator Delete
- Upgraded Pistons for B46/B48/B58 (Seen these somewhere around the web actually. They should all be the same, if it's available for B58 it should work for new B46B20, same cylinder bore and stroke)
- BigBoost B46/B48 Upgraded Turbo
- Pure Turbo B46/B48 Upgraded Turbo
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      04-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #27
sanch8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

I am still waiting for a reasonably priced exhaust from Dinan or AWE for the 330i. Remus, Akrapovic, Eisenmann, etc. while excellent exhausts are just way too expensive imo.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #28
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanch8 View Post
I am still waiting for a reasonably priced exhaust from Dinan or AWE for the 330i. Remus, Akrapovic, Eisenmann, etc. while excellent exhausts are just way too expensive imo.
From my message with Dinan_Engineering it may be a while for a 330i exhaust. I'm basically waiting for them as well.
Appreciate 0