Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M340i Touring ordered

04-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #23
Zorrotwo
Private
Rep
Drives: F31

Looks really well

I noticed it is debadged
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 10:20 AM   #24
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i Dravit/Mocca

I'd presume the badges need to come off for the PPF addition anyway?

Out of interest - how much of the car is being PPF'd and for how much?? (If you don't mind me asking!)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #25
Chrisr22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Looking good. Got to admit though I'm not a huge fan of the alloys in all black.
If I'm honest I have never been a fan of black alloys. It is a bit 'drug dealer spec' but I feel it works with Dravit grey.
But black on black is definitely a no no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrotwo View Post
Looks really well

I noticed it is debadged
Yes I prefer it debadged, looks cleaner and I am going for the sleeper look . And also much easier when cleaning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexstar2011 View Post
I'd presume the badges need to come off for the PPF addition anyway?

Out of interest - how much of the car is being PPF'd and for how much?? (If you don't mind me asking!)
Yes they either come off or they PPF around the badges. I wanted it debadged and it made the PPF easier.

The whole car is PPF'd. My old car got keyed several times and it had loads of stone chips at the front too so I felt it was worthwhile given I plan on keeping this one for a long time.

All I can is it's not cheap but I wanted the whole car to be protected!
      04-29-2020, 02:45 AM   #26
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr22 View Post
I prefer it debadged, looks cleaner and I am going for the sleeper look
On previous 3-series debadging always used to be a no-cost option from the factory but I noticed it wasn't there when I ordered my G21. However, like you I prefer the sleeper look so if and when I finally manage to take delivery of the car and get it to the detailer I'll be asking them to remove the badges!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 03:52 AM   #27
danorman777
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If I'm honest I have never been a fan of black alloys. It is a bit 'drug dealer spec' but I feel it works with Dravit grey.
But black on black is definitely a no no
Wait to you see mine then.... Black paint, black wheels, black trim and black leather!

Mind you, I would also love to see mine and get it away from wherever it is being held
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 06:55 AM   #28
Chrisr22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danorman777 View Post
Wait to you see mine then.... Black paint, black wheels, black trim and black leather!

Mind you, I would also love to see mine and get it away from wherever it is being held

You have gone full out

I hope you specced the sunroof for a bit of light in the cabin?
      04-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #29
danorman777
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

You have gone full out

I hope you specced the sunroof for a bit of light in the cabin?
I did. I specced everything except towbar and leather dash! So got a pano roof and ambient lighting! An laser headlamps so I can feel like Dr Evil!

Dying to see it and hope the paint doesn't start off too swirly by the time I get it. I don't know how they are stored at the port.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 07:05 PM   #30
Chrisr22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I did. I specced everything except towbar and leather dash! So got a pano roof and ambient lighting! An laser headlamps so I can feel like Dr Evil!

Dying to see it and hope the paint doesn't start off too swirly by the time I get it. I don't know how they are stored at the port.
Similar to mine, everything specced except towbar but I went for the leather dash.

My car’s paint was in really good condition according to my detailer. A factory defects but to be expected these days. Car was also covered in fallout.
I asked for the whole car to be left completely untouched. They left all the protective wrapping on the car including on the dashboard, cockpit screen, seats etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 03:37 AM   #31
danorman777
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

My dealer insists on taking the plastic off to look for faults/dents etc. They have had issues before where carts have been taken with plastic on and the customer founds faults later. Plus when I do finally get it I need to check the detailer is working and can fit it in.

I will be interested to hear what the leather dash is like to see what I missed!

I wish I had specced the tow bar now. I didn't as I have another car on order with one but may have to cancel it due to corona sadly.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #32
Chrisr22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My dealer insists on taking the plastic off to look for faults/dents etc. They have had issues before where carts have been taken with plastic on and the customer founds faults later. Plus when I do finally get it I need to check the detailer is working and can fit it in.

I will be interested to hear what the leather dash is like to see what I missed!

I wish I had specced the tow bar now. I didn't as I have another car on order with one but may have to cancel it due to corona sadly.
That is a valid reason for taking off the plastic.
There is actually some kind of glue/sealant residue on the edge of the cockpit screen on my car which I only saw once the plastic was off. I haven't yet tried cleaning it but it's something I will raise when the car goes back to the dealer (it has the 'replace battery' error warning which appeared a day after I collected it).

The full leather dash really makes the car feel more luxury. It reminds me of an M5 I drove recently. Although I feel just getting the merino seats is already a worthy upgrade as the full leather is not cheap. I don't regret getting it though
      05-03-2020, 03:53 PM   #33
danorman777
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I still haven't seen or tried the merino leather seats. I like the look of them and liked the comfort seats I have in my 535d now. Hopefully mine won't have some cosmetic or battery issues having been left out at the port for so long.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #34
Chrisr22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I still haven't seen or tried the merino leather seats. I like the look of them and liked the comfort seats I have in my 535d now. Hopefully mine won't have some cosmetic or battery issues having been left out at the port for so long.
Your battery will be fine as the dealer would definitely sort it out before collection
I picked my car up 3 days before lockdown so there was no time to take it back to get it sorted. The car starts up fine so it leads me to believe that it's an error.
      06-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #35
Chrisr22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

An update on my car and the 'replace battery' error.
My car went into a BMW dealer (not the selling dealer or the same franchise) on Monday and it turns out the battery was unable to hold its charge anymore as a result of being fully discharged at 5 miles.
I picked up the car at 8 miles so this total discharge happened before collection and no doubt the selling dealer was aware of this and still sold me the car.

I prefer not to publicly name and shame the selling dealership (located in the London area) however I am happy to share by PM to warn others.

This is the second new car I have ordered from this dealership and although I have had a very positive experience with the two sales executives I have dealt with, this has left a sour taste in my mouth as this was highly dishonest and is not something you would expect from a BMW dealer. One thing for sure is that my future business will be going elsewhere.

However, they did agree to pay for the replacement battery as the evidence that they knew about the problem prior to collection was overwhelming (diagnostics, picture taken on the day of collection of the odometer).

Hopefully this is the last of this issue with the battery