Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals My murdered out matte M440i. Thoughts?

02-07-2023, 10:53 AM   #1
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive GC

My murdered out matte M440i. Thoughts?

No pictures of the rear because it’s WIP. The the quad tailpipe as well as M4 style CF trunk spoilers, and carbon fiber M mirrors en-route. Also got some carbon side skirts on the way.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-07-2023, 12:15 PM   #2
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

I dont like it - probably because I'm tired of looking at matte paint and all black or carbon accents / thank god you haven't blacked out the wheels yet / I mean it's well executed but you asked for opinions and my opinion is it's played out and is yesterdays news

Where I live minivans rolls like this and SUVs did 10 years ago BUT if this is new to your area enjoy

ps- understand if you didn't ask for feedback I would not have commented but you did - so there you have it
Appreciate 1
peelerec987.50
      02-07-2023, 12:21 PM   #3
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
I dont like it - probably because I'm tired of looking at matte paint and all black or carbon accents / thank god you haven't blacked out the wheels yet / I mean it's well executed but you asked for opinions and my opinion is it's played out and is yesterdays news

Where I live minivans rolls like this and SUVs did 10 years ago BUT if this is new to your area enjoy
Yeah I get that, I’m glad you’re sharing your honest opinion. Where I live matte trended about 10 years and died down almost completely for the five past years. Now that M4s come in frozen black factory paint and since I’ve almost never seen a matte black car on the streets, I thought it would work out very well and allow the car to stand out. And indeed, where I live it stands out very well and the color / black styling is always prone to compliments.
People with AMG supercars here often try to race, thinking I’m driving the G8x M4 / M3 haha
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 12:34 PM   #4
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudisinaudis View Post
Yeah I get that, I’m glad you’re sharing your honest opinion. Where I live matte trended about 10 years and died down almost completely for the five past years. Now that M4s come in frozen black factory paint and since I’ve almost never seen a matte black car on the streets, I thought it would work out very well and allow the car to stand out. And indeed, where I live it stands out very well and the color / black styling is always prone to compliments.
People with AMG supercars here often try to race, thinking I’m driving the G8x M4 / M3 haha
awesome - thank you for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 12:36 PM   #5
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
awesome - thank you for the feedback
No, thank you for your input my friend 😁
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 01:08 PM   #6
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudisinaudis View Post
No, thank you for your input my friend ��
I get the balance and the look just in my opinion (which is worth nothing) I would not go all black on wheels. I think your car can carry all the matte and black/carbon if there is a tiny bit of contrast on the wheels - actually think that'll make it pop!

I spoke too soon (sorry) all black and everything black to me loses the beauty of the car (again just me 2-cents)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 01:14 PM   #7
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I get the balance and the look just in my opinion (which is worth nothing) I would not go all black on wheels. I think your car can carry all the matte and black/carbon if there is a tiny bit of contrast on the wheels - actually think that'll make it pop!

I spoke too soon (sorry) all black and everything black to me loses the beauty of the car (again just me 2-cents)
Oh no I totally agree with that, I never mentioned nor do I plan on going all black for the wheels. It looks great with the partially black accent and it does indeed do well to carry the gloss black / matte and carbon palettes of the car!
Appreciate 1