Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Does AC switch off when I open windows when Climate Control is on?

04-22-2023, 04:31 PM   #1
Hongning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Does AC switch off when I open windows when Climate Control is on?

I wonder if the AC is programmed to be off when I open the windows so that I don't have to switch it off manually when driving with the windows down?

It always bugs me that I have to go into the menu to switch it off. Live in a cold country, so not really needed the cooling effect of Climate Control too much yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2023, 08:46 PM   #2
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongning View Post
I wonder if the AC is programmed to be off when I open the windows so that I don't have to switch it off manually when driving with the windows down?
It certainly isn't programmed in that way on my 330i, nor to switch off when the sunroof is open. I drive mine with the sunroof open more often than not, and sometimes with the windows open too and it just keeps on putting out the cool air. I'd be really annoyed if it didn't! I never switch off climate control in any of our cars, it just runs year round. Mind you, I live in a country where we need it, and most of my time in the car is on city and suburban roads.
Appreciate 0