Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum When Does The Next Ship Depart Bremerhaven for U.S.?

01-07-2022, 02:21 PM   #45
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st German Car View Post
My car was updated to "in transit". The dealer said it's due into Baltimore on 25 Jan. That doesn't match any ships on the WW website. Are there any other carriers that deliver these cars or just WW???
There are others. Save yourself some time and trouble trying to figure it out- call your CA. He/she will be able to tell you the name of the ship. Genius wouldn't tell me.
      01-07-2022, 03:16 PM   #46
14Down
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i, X3 M40i, M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st German Car View Post
My car was updated to “in transit”. The dealer said it’s due into Baltimore on 25 Jan. That doesn’t match any ships on the WW website. Are there any other carriers that deliver these cars or just WW???
Newly registered, though following for a long time. My 340i just went "in transit" today. Let Bremerhaven yesterday, 1/7, on Olympian Highway (don't think it is a WW carrier). Currently due to stop in Belgium tonight. Intermediate stops unknown. PCD delivery.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #47
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep

FWIW, the best free vessel tracker I've found is Maritime Optima. Register a free account and you get 20 free hits. The tracking is very up-to-date, usually within 15 minutes. Some of the others, like vesselfinder.com are often days behind. Another one that's not bad is fleetmon.com.
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2022, 02:47 AM   #48
RoGo330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW330i2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post
FWIW, the best free vessel tracker I've found is Maritime Optima. Register a free account and you get 20 free hits. The tracking is very up-to-date, usually within 15 minutes. Some of the others, like vesselfinder.com are often days behind. Another one that's not bad is fleetmon.com.
I’ve also been using marinetraffic.com. For no cost, it just shows a stock photo of the ship, but it does have an active arrow line that has been steadily moving to show timely progress. My car is coming from Mexico (didn’t mean to crash the Bremerhaven Thread), and it will dock on Jan. 9th.

Congrats to all who have waited so long.

Please post pics when your builds arrive!
Appreciate 1
jdc090724.50
      01-08-2022, 07:23 AM   #49
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGo330i View Post
I’ve also been using marinetraffic.com. For no cost, it just shows a stock photo of the ship, but it does have an active arrow line that has been steadily moving to show timely progress. My car is coming from Mexico (didn’t mean to crash the Bremerhaven Thread), and it will dock on Jan. 9th.

Congrats to all who have waited so long.

Please post pics when your builds arrive!
Marine Traffic's last position for our ship, Horizon Highway, is 3 days old. YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 10:35 AM   #50
1st German Car
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 22 M440i, 20 Sierra, 69 Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Down View Post
Newly registered, though following for a long time. My 340i just went "in transit" today. Let Bremerhaven yesterday, 1/7, on Olympian Highway (don't think it is a WW carrier). Currently due to stop in Belgium tonight. Intermediate stops unknown. PCD delivery.
I called the BMW Genius and I’m also on Olympian Highway. I looked up the schedule below.

https://www.klineglobalroro.com/sche...f_schedule.pdf
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 11:53 AM   #51
14Down
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i, X3 M40i, M Roadster

Thanks for the Olympian Hwy schedule. Tracking it on marine traffic.com. Maybe I'll make my late February PCD requested dates.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 09:19 PM   #52
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Suggest you look at this website:
www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com

then scroll down to Track and Trace; enter your VIN where it calls for Customer Reference Number.

Good luck !

PS: I gave up trying to trace my car aboard a ship, since it had sat for 6 weeks in Bremerhaven. I had no idea when it was going to depart Bremerhaven. Once it arrived in Halifax and was loaded on to CN Rail, my dealer was able to trace it (on CN Rail website) all the way to Vancouver. Only Canadian dealers with a CNR account can access this website. The rail journey took another 6 weeks ! 5 months in total from placing my order to delivery. As Springerdrive described this process, it was "torture" Despite that extended shipping time, my M340ix was well worth the wait !!! It's a superb sport sedan !!!
Thanks Derek
Appreciate 1
RoGo330i144.00