Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge !! 2017 NFL Season!!

12-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #397
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
I agree with 🤞 Strong top three in the NFC. Saints run game has taken a lot of pressure off Brees. They are coming on strong when it counts. What’s people’s thoughts on the AFC? Looks like my Pats and Steelers are destined for a big show down in a few weeks. But tonight the Bungles may pull off an upset?!?! Side note...how bout Jimmy G getting a win in his first start for the 49ers! I see good things for him there. Your welcome Niners fans!
Anybody except the Pats - isn't america sick of their cockiness. Good - yes they are, asshats - yes they are!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #398
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Oh Habs11, you are one of so many Pats haters. So take a number and get to the back of the line and accept the dominance you are witnessing from one of thee best Coach QB duos the NFL has ever seen. Like them or not you are witnessing history. The Patriots ability to replace injured key players with guys who produce is the envy of the league. The Pats don’t rebuild they Reload! So I get your jealousy. Don’t be mad, just sit there be quiet and witness greatness! TB12 the G.O.A.T!!!!! Going B2B Superbowls....aaaaagain!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #399
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
TB12 the G.O.A.T!!!!!
Without any doubt, Tom Brady is the most accomplished QB.

But Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB.
      12-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #400
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Unless he comes back in 2 weeks and the Purple People Eaters break him again. . .
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #401
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh Habs11, you are one of so many Pats haters. So take a number and get to the back of the line and accept the dominance you are witnessing from one of thee best Coach QB duos the NFL has ever seen. Like them or not you are witnessing history. The Patriots ability to replace injured key players with guys who produce is the envy of the league. The Pats don’t rebuild they Reload! So I get your jealousy. Don’t be mad, just sit there be quiet and witness greatness! TB12 the G.O.A.T!!!!! Going B2B Superbowls....aaaaagain!
No doubt Brady is IMO the best of all time.

But the COCK in cockiness you just define - thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #402
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Without any doubt, Tom Brady is the most accomplished QB.

I agree with that, but remember Rodgers was a first round pick and Brady was a 6. So more talented absolutely. It’s Bradys work ethic and drive that has gotten him to where he is at 40!!!! I do like Rodgers and hope to see him back soon.
Appreciate 1
bmw1racer998.00
      12-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #403
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post
No doubt Brady is IMO the best of all time.

But the COCK in cockiness you just define - thanks!
Well Habs11 you are obviously someone who confuses cockiness with confidence. But that’s ok most Pats haters do that, you are one of many. Being a dynasty will make you confident your team will always be in the hunt and challenging for a SB. I am enjoying the ride because all good things come to an end. Sorry you are so salty but you don’t have to be a DICK!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #404
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
I agree with that, but remember Rodgers was a first round pick and Brady was a 6. So more talented absolutely. It’s Bradys work ethic and drive that has gotten him to where he is at 40!!!! I do like Rodgers and hope to see him back soon.
No question how good Brady is. My question is how good would the Pats be with Rodgers? How much is the QB and how much is Bellichick's system?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #405
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
No question how good Brady is. My question is how good would the Pats be with Rodgers? How much is the QB and how much is Bellichick's system?
It’s a very good question, honestly I thinks it’s a combination of both of them. It obvious the relationship between Brady and Bellichick has grown emensly since Brady replaced Bledsoe. Brady has proved himself season after season on all levels. Is he a system QB? Or is he the right QB for the system? Regardless they have been successful with a revolving door of players and parts. Brady’s ability to spread the ball around but also know when to trust BBs game plan if that means more running, he does what is needed to win. Brady didn’t have a good game against the Bills Sunday but he was fine with handing the ball off to Lewis and Burkhead. He has no ego and is humble. Those are traits B.B. loves. Would Rodgers get the same results? Hard to say. TB12 and B.B. have been at it 16 years, that dynamic was built over time. How much do they both have left in the tank? We shall see!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #406
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Naaaahhhh...I think we're the best team now
      12-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #407
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Should have ran the ball.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #408
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Should have ran the ball.
Immaculate deflection
      12-04-2017, 10:34 PM   #409
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I agree with that, but remember Rodgers was a first round pick and Brady was a 6. So more talented absolutely.
Being picked in the first round isn't really a guarantee of talent... It's totally subjective... Look at the 25 guys that got picked ahead of him (most notably, Alex Smith, overall number one pick)... Are they more talented than Rodgers?

Quote:
It’s Bradys work ethic and drive that has gotten him to where he is at 40!!!!
No doubt there.

That same work ethic allowed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to play until 42.
      12-05-2017, 06:05 AM   #410
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Brady on Rogers (January 2017):

The Patriots star admitted Rodgers does things no one else, himself included, is capable of doing.

"Well I think he does things that no one in the league has ever done or can do, just because of his physical ability. And some of the plays he makes, they're just phenomenal," Brady said.

"And I've seen a lot of them. Not just the throws, the scrambles... , he had one in the Giants game ... some of the plays yesterday, it's just his style of play. And he's been doing that for a while."

"I always love watching his tape, admiring all the things he can do, because I can't do many of those things."

Asked specifically about the Jared Cook catch, one of the greatest throws you'll ever see given the stakes and the situation, Brady pointed out that Rodgers makes what should be impossible look "effortless."

"I think he makes everything look so simple because he's got such an efficient delivery. So everything looks effortless with him, which is really the amazing part," Brady said. "He is definitely working hard, but he's making hard look easy and I think that's the amazing part about what he does. It's a very effortless style he plays with. The velocity of the ball, the placement of the ball, he's just an incredible player."
Appreciate 1
bmw1racer998.00
      12-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #411
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

was at seattle for philly game. had fun! went up to snoqualmie pass, saw the beautiful mountains, and wow. loved it.

went from 44 in the city, to just 30 with tons of snow in one hours time.

hawks played very well, if the RB can at least stay partially healthy, we've got a chance to maybe make some noise. Wilson can only will us so far..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #412
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Brady on Rogers (January 2017):

The Patriots star admitted Rodgers does things no one else, himself included, is capable of doing.

"Well I think he does things that no one in the league has ever done or can do, just because of his physical ability. And some of the plays he makes, they're just phenomenal," Brady said.

"And I've seen a lot of them. Not just the throws, the scrambles... , he had one in the Giants game ... some of the plays yesterday, it's just his style of play. And he's been doing that for a while."

"I always love watching his tape, admiring all the things he can do, because I can't do many of those things."

Asked specifically about the Jared Cook catch, one of the greatest throws you'll ever see given the stakes and the situation, Brady pointed out that Rodgers makes what should be impossible look "effortless."

"I think he makes everything look so simple because he's got such an efficient delivery. So everything looks effortless with him, which is really the amazing part," Brady said. "He is definitely working hard, but he's making hard look easy and I think that's the amazing part about what he does. It's a very effortless style he plays with. The velocity of the ball, the placement of the ball, he's just an incredible player."
Brady is a class act, and always speaks highly of his competitors. He was always poised in front of the cameras and in interviews even when he was a rookie. He knows how to work the podium. Maybe a Brady vs. Rodgers show down in the near future?!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #413
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Brady is a class act, and always speaks highly of his competitors. He was always poised in front of the cameras and in interviews even when he was a rookie. He knows how to work the podium. Maybe a Brady vs. Rodgers show down in the near future?!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #414
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
That’s in the heat of the game on the sidelines...doesn’t count. That’s pure competitiveness/Fire/emotion right there!!! Yes he gets pissed, yes he yells. That’s how you elevate people’s game to your level! Not sulking on the sideline with a towel over your head like some QBs. Just sayn
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #415
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
That’s in the heat of the game on the sidelines...doesn’t count. That’s pure competitiveness/Fire/emotion right there!!! Yes he gets pissed, yes he yells. That’s how you elevate people’s game to your level! Not sulking on the sideline with a towel over your head like some QBs. Just sayn
I hate TB.

But I respect him.

I can't wait until he retires so the competitive field evens out a bit.

As a hawks fan- I'm glad people are starting to realize that it's Russel Wilson's team and it's time to let the offense be less conservative/rely on its aging defense- and let the man take over as he has been last season after ET went down, and now with a decimated secondary
      12-07-2017, 01:54 AM   #416
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

belichick looking good this year

[IMG]https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...=85&strip=info[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 02:02 AM   #417
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
belichick looking good this year

[IMG]https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...=85&strip=info[/IMG]
With all the Patriots broken pieces and parts week after week I agree!
Appreciate 1
eluded2959.00
      12-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #418
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It’s a very good question, honestly I thinks it’s a combination of both of them. It obvious the relationship between Brady and Bellichick has grown emensly since Brady replaced Bledsoe. Brady has proved himself season after season on all levels. Is he a system QB? Or is he the right QB for the system?
TB would fit into any system - at least temporarily. What makes the Pats win so often is they are not a one dimensional teams like so many are. This week Brady did not have a good first half - some if his throws were terrible. Instead their run game picked them up and controlled the ball and scored enough to get a lead (yea against the lowly Bills). Few tweaks at halftime and game over.

There's not a ton of data but when Rodgers goes down GB fell apart this year. Years ago when TB went down Cassel did a good job. So IMHO Brady is just one part of a fantastic system - problem for other teams is it's a system that can win with a 6 cylinder engine and brady brings 8.

Now, it somewhat pains me to talk about the Pats because they beat the Bills over and over and over and . . . but let me say this - Gronk has displayed he is a tool on more than one occasion, while I expected him to get 1 game I was hoping for 2.
Appreciate 0