Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Five things about my M340i that annoy me

09-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #45
ToeJoe
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post
I made a post about this somewhere else some time ago.

For the steering feel I found something very disturbing. I was on a longer drive and I had changed driver profiles. I did a quick lane change and I felt the most disgusting steering feel ever. I had never felt the steering so bad, I thought something had broken or failed. It felt like an elastic band being pulled when i did adjustments.

I went into the settings for the "safety" features. Found the culprit. Turns out, if you have the lane departure warning with assist, it turns your steering into jelly. Horrible.
I turned that that assistance off and used the reduced mode for the vibration/intervention. MUCH better.

Seems like the EPS system changes calibration when all of that is active. So weird.
Lane departure steering intervention can do really weird and unpredictable weird shit, I agree. Too dumb still for my tastes, I'm not a fan. I'll probably turn mine off permanently too.

Will regret it the day I nod off at the wheel and drift into oncoming but hey ...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 02:13 AM   #46
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJoe View Post
Lane departure steering intervention can do really weird and unpredictable weird shit, I agree. Too dumb still for my tastes, I'm not a fan. I'll probably turn mine off permanently too.

Will regret it the day I nod off at the wheel and drift into oncoming but hey ...
This is true.

While I liek the safety net of steering intervention, the technology is not at that point for me.

Even in reduced mode, without steering intervention, there is some resistance in the wheel. I haven't tried letting go and seeing what happens but I might just to see how much the system is still engaging.
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 0