Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums EUROPE (Continental) 330e Current Order Times

03-22-2022, 12:16 PM   #23
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW 320e G21 Luxury Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickgrayson17 View Post
Yeah, here is the aricle.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/01/b...y-ukraine.html

I was joking with one of my friends that my car must have been on the ship that sank with thousands of VW cars...

But to be honest, I am more concerened about Putin than the car at the moment...
How's it going with your order?
I just got the confirmation that my car started production last week apparently
My "source" is very reliable as it's a family relative

According to the time scale, if everything goes well, the delivery should happen in about 5-6 weeks. Fingers crossed.
      03-23-2022, 05:01 PM   #24
dickgrayson17
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

Well, no news whatsoever. I am starting to get familiar with the idea that it is going to be cancelled not too worried tbh, I cant influence it, so I see no reason to be angry or panic
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 11:59 PM   #25
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Garage List
True but keep faith we'll get there in the end
      03-29-2022, 03:59 AM   #26
Aethelson
Rep
Drives: M340i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerke View Post
How's it going with your order?
I just got the confirmation that my car started production last week apparently
My "source" is very reliable as it's a family relative
Am I reading it right that you have made an order in January, expected delivery in August (expected production in June, I guess?) but it is already in production?
First of all, congrats! Production ahead of time is awesome! Do you have any tracking number? I haven't received any reference number so far - should I ask?
I have ordered my M340i in Luxembourg also at the end of January with expected delivery in August. 3 weeks ago, I have asked the seller about the Ukraine situation and he replied that the production will be halted for 2 months but from reading the news it looks like they are back. So I am really not sure when I should expect my dream car. But I am really hoping to get it before Autumn.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 05:12 AM   #27
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethelson View Post
Am I reading it right that you have made an order in January, expected delivery in August (expected production in June, I guess?) but it is already in production?
First of all, congrats! Production ahead of time is awesome! Do you have any tracking number? I haven't received any reference number so far - should I ask?
I have ordered my M340i in Luxembourg also at the end of January with expected delivery in August. 3 weeks ago, I have asked the seller about the Ukraine situation and he replied that the production will be halted for 2 months but from reading the news it looks like they are back. So I am really not sure when I should expect my dream car. But I am really hoping to get it before Autumn.

Correct, according to the contract I signed with my dealership, I got an expected delivery date on August 31.

A day after signing the contract, I already received my order number.

Then I waited roughly 1 month before reaching out again to my Sales guy, asking for an update. He, then, showed me a screenshot of their tracking tool where I learned that the production *week* is mid-April.

Then, another month later (end of March), I received the acknowledgment (including a screenshot to prove it) that the car *already entered production* since March 23rd!

I hope to have the car somewhere end of April. The one struggle in my case is that BMW has fewer truckers in Poland as those truckers are, apparently, mainly Ukrainian who went back to their home country to support and/or fight.

That being said, the news that factories in Munich are shut down is, IMO, not true anymore as my situation clearly states otherwise. I have from a good source my car is in production (my source is a family member working at BMW). I even have my VIN number since March 23rd and this is another proof that the car entered production, otherwise you wouldn't get it afaik. It could be that production has slowed down due to the Ukrainian situation but saying the factories are *closed* for 2 months is just crazy.

In your case, I'd definitely reach out to your Sales guy and ask him when he can give you the order number since you're waiting now for 2 months basically to just get that. Reading through the forum, it seems common to get this number rather quickly.

What did you order?
      03-29-2022, 06:56 AM   #28
Aethelson
Rep

Quote:
Correct, according to the contract I signed with my dealership, I got an expected delivery date on August 31.

A day after signing the contract, I already received my order number.

Then I waited roughly 1 month before reaching out again to my Sales guy, asking for an update. He, then, showed me a screenshot of their tracking tool where I learned that the production *week* is mid-April.

Then, another month later (end of March), I received the acknowledgment (including a screenshot to prove it) that the car *already entered production* since March 23rd!

I hope to have the car somewhere end of April. The one struggle in my case is that BMW has fewer truckers in Poland as those truckers are, apparently, mainly Ukrainian who went back to their home country to support and/or fight.

I am getting M340i touring. I can't wait till I take it on the autobahn!

That being said, the news that factories in Munich are shut down is, IMO, not true anymore as my situation clearly states otherwise. I have from a good source my car is in production (my source is a family member working at BMW). I even have my VIN number since March 23rd and this is another proof that the car entered production, otherwise you wouldn't get it afaik. It could be that production has slowed down due to the Ukrainian situation but saying the factories are *closed* for 2 months is just crazy.

In your case, I'd definitely reach out to your Sales guy and ask him when he can give you the order number since you're waiting now for 2 months basically to just get that. Reading through the forum, it seems common to get this number rather quickly.

What did you order?
This is very good news! Thanks a lot for giving me hope, as I was really accepting that I'll have to wait additional 6 months.

I would be willing to pick it up directly in Munich instead of waiting a few weeks for the truckers

I just checked and the order was made in mid-January so maybe it is also already in production - that would make day or more like a year

I wonder how come the production advanced so much, maybe all the rich Russians are not getting their BMWs?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:58 AM   #29
Aethelson
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:26 AM   #30
Aethelson
Rep

So I've checked with the seller and the car should be available in mid-May. I am starting to panic now as I still have a car to sell and I did not expect such joy before the summer
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:52 AM   #31
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is very good news! Thanks a lot for giving me hope, as I was really accepting that I'll have to wait additional 6 months.

I would be willing to pick it up directly in Munich instead of waiting a few weeks for the truckers

I just checked and the order was made in mid-January so maybe it is also already in production - that would make day or more like a year

I wonder how come the production advanced so much, maybe all the rich Russians are not getting their BMWs?
Hahaha, I was exactly the same. Like driving to Munich and picking up the car myself!
I did read that BMW will not export cars to Russia for now so I guess this did open plenty of spots for non-Russian customers. It's regretful that the situation called for it but yeah.. that's politics.

Quote:
Woooooo! Just be careful man

Quote:
So I've checked with the seller and the car should be available in mid-May. I am starting to panic now as I still have a car to sell and I did not expect such joy before the summer
There you go!!
Make sure to post pictures once you get it!
      03-29-2022, 08:55 AM   #32
Aethelson
Rep

Quote:
There you go!!
Make sure to post pictures once you get it!
You bet! I expect you to do the same
Thanks a lot. Without you, I would live in oblivion not knowing I will have my car so soon but most importantly without selling my old car.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #33
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You bet! I expect you to do the same
Thanks a lot. Without you, I would live in oblivion not knowing I will have my car so soon but most importantly without selling my old car.
Of course I will :-D I'm counting the days!
      04-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #34
dickgrayson17
Rep

Called my dealer, no news... he told me LCI is going into production in July and since its the LCI, it is going to be more expensive. I told him politely, that there is a tiny little bit of a problem with that: the signed deal is not for the LCI, therefore advised him to look into that what can be done.
Unbelievable
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 09:53 AM   #35
vdhjeroen
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 318I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickgrayson17 View Post
Called my dealer, no news... he told me LCI is going into production in July and since its the LCI, it is going to be more expensive. I told him politely, that there is a tiny little bit of a problem with that: the signed deal is not for the LCI, therefore advised him to look into that what can be done.
Unbelievable
I am curious about BMW's approach on this issue. It may well depend on the dealer and the country.

You're right, you have a contract. Switching production to LCI is not force majeure. At least they should offer you the LCI with the same price tag and a similar configuration.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:28 AM   #36
Ramji
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330e

Exclamation 330e delivery delayed

I ordered my 330e xDrive Touring in the 2nd week of December 2021. while ordering the delivery date was in May 2022. When I checked with my sales rep last week it was moved to June 2022 (and the exact date is 25th June) as per their record.

I have added many additional features into my car.

Also, I am not sure if I have to pay more than the amount quoted during the purchase as the price of the car got increased.

Last edited by Ramji; 04-05-2022 at 02:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 05:23 PM   #37
madtuga
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Here’s an update about my situation. The dealer contacted me 8th of March to inform that the car was leaving the factory. Three days later, the sales guy contacts me again to inform that it was already in transit and should be soon with them at the dealership. Since then, 3 weeks have passed and no further updates. I’ve sent them an email today asking for an update. It feels like an eternity already… It just doesn’t feel right to take so long to ship a car from Germany to Portugal. I hope I get some good news soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #38
MonkeyTosh
Rep
Drives: Volvo V40

Hey guys! I've ordered a 330e on march 21st but until now, I have no news from the dealer (I'm from Portugal). I'm a little concerned since it's been 3 weeks without any feedback from him. Do you think this delay is normal? Can you share your order timeline?

Last edited by MonkeyTosh; 04-11-2022 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: Testing
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 11:21 AM   #39
vdhjeroen
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyTosh View Post
Hey guys! I've ordered a 330e on march 21st but until now, I have no news from the dealer (I'm from Portugal). I'm a little concerned since it's been 3 weeks without any feedback from him. Do you think this delay is normal? Can you share your order timeline?

Did your dealer give you an estimate when making the order?

I don't think it's unusual that your dealer does not provide you continuous updates.

I only heard my dealer once at the beginning of the Ukraine war when he said that the production was interrupted. The production was delayed by 2 months (May). So I will contact him back in May to see if the production is still on schedule.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 04:59 AM   #40
dickgrayson17
Rep

I just called the dealer, and finally some pretty good news: the car is going to be built next!

strange that they had no idea about it on the 1ast of April, but hey, who cares
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 11:57 AM   #41
vdhjeroen
Belgium
Rep

My dealer confirmed to me today that my car (318i) is built and on it's way to Belgium. Ordered in December and delivery is expected this month.

I'm suprised as my dealer was not optmistic last month due to issues with production.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 04:16 AM   #42
Aethelson
Rep

Congrats!

I have just checked mine and it has been postponed, again, and now it is set for the end of June.

I've made the order for M340i early in January with the original estimated date in August, then I was told the production will be halted for 2 months due to the war, then suddenly it was mid-May, then the end of May/early June, and now the end of June.
It is quite frustrating not knowing the exact date as I am trying to sell my old car. And then of course, the waiting is killing me
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 02:11 AM   #43
Vollegaz
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I have ordered a G21 330e on 10th March 22. Delivery expected on 8th September. After having read some threads here and on g20-forum.de I decided to contact my dealer to see the impact of LCI on my order : confirmation that no risk to be changed to LCI. That’s good to know…. But delivery is shifted to November. Not good to hear…
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 09:37 AM   #44
abhowitzer
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 320e

Ordered a 320e end of January in Belgium. Got word from the dealer yesterday that I'll be contacted soon to make an appointment to pick up the car.
Delivery was initially promised second week of August, so it may be sooner that scheduled. So crossing fingers here.
Was afraid it would be cancelled due to LCI production starting up.

Last edited by abhowitzer; 06-25-2022 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0