Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Discount pcp vs cash buy

08-12-2020, 03:03 AM   #1
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320D 2019, current M340i

Discount pcp vs cash buy

Hi everyone,

As the title says, whats the most likely best discount on a new made to order car for a cash buy?

For 2 pcp deals there's 9k-10k dealer contributions going just now with £549 deposit and £549pm.

I'm fully expecting the best deal with pcp but having only purchased used cars, my biggest discounts have been £500.

What has the best deal folk have got for a cash purchase on a new build car. So I can have the best information to hand and know where I stand.

Don't want to be asking for 8k off and they look at me like I've snatched their soul.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 05:19 AM   #2
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

You'll generally always get a better deal on PCP than cash, so your best bet would be to just do that and settle it in full - there's no penalty for it, so if you're offered a bigger discount / dealer deposit contribution then that's what I'd do.

For reference I got over 15% discount on my new car.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 06:08 AM   #3
anthonysterling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp, M340i, 335d, X1, 118d

I'd +1 the PCP route too. I received a larger discount with PCP and just settled the (BMW) finance later without penalties; you also get added protection as you're purchasing on credit which comes with a few safety nets of its own.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 06:16 AM   #4
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys

The Apr is 4.9%, do you think there is normally room for some movement on top of the dealer contribution?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1985 View Post
Thanks guys

The Apr is 4.9%, do you think there is normally room for some movement on top of the dealer contribution?
No, the rates & deposit contributions are set by BMWFS. As a general rule, the lower the APR the less contribution you get from BMW, so 9 times out of 10 you're just robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak.

What is more "negotiable" is the dealer contribution / discounts, but again if they're offering 1.9% (which is about BMW's best, then don't expect the same level of discounts as you'd get at 4.9%.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
No, the rates & deposit contributions are set by BMWFS. As a general rule, the lower the APR the less contribution you get from BMW, so 9 times out of 10 you're just robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak.

What is more "negotiable" is the dealer contribution / discounts, but again if they're offering 1.9% (which is about BMW's best, then don't expect the same level of discounts as you'd get at 4.9%.
Thanks for that.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #7
Jgr1249
Private
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Hi everyone,

As the title says, whats the most likely best discount on a new made to order car for a cash buy?

For 2 pcp deals there's 9k-10k dealer contributions going just now with £549 deposit and £549pm.

I'm fully expecting the best deal with pcp but having only purchased used cars, my biggest discounts have been £500.

What has the best deal folk have got for a cash purchase on a new build car. So I can have the best information to hand and know where I stand.

Don't want to be asking for 8k off and they look at me like I've snatched their soul.

Thanks.
Gary it’s a buyers market - go with high expectations and don’t lower them. Build your car on CarWow, print off your best quote and if you’re happy with it take it in and ask them to match. You’ll usually get 16-17% discount on there and most dealers will happily match. If they don’t - try another BMW dealer local. I find different franchises have different approaches but when it comes to the crunch they need to sell cars.
If you have a part exchange, consider selling it via motorway.co.uk as you may also get a better price.
If you need anymore help just drop me a message - good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #8
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

^^^ great advice above. Broadspeed is your best bet though, as I think there was only 1 dealer actually quoting on Carwow, and I think they've stopped now.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:40 AM   #9
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
^^^ great advice above. Broadspeed is your best bet though, as I think there was only 1 dealer actually quoting on Carwow, and I think they've stopped now.
I have went to car wow twice this week and no quotes provided. Thought that was odd.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #10
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have went to car wow twice this week and no quotes provided. Thought that was odd.
Meant to say - give Tony Lewis a shout too. He's quite famous in the BMW world for putting out some cracking deals. You'll have to go to Berry BMW in Heathrow to collect, but quite often he will blow other dealers out of the water.

Trldeals@outlook.com - he's on Instagram too.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:54 AM   #11
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Meant to say - give Tony Lewis a shout too. He's quite famous in the BMW world for putting out some cracking deals. You'll have to go to Berry BMW in Heathrow to collect, but quite often he will blow other dealers out of the water.

I second this.

Got close to 20% of my M340i last November from TRL. And the best customer service. No messing about.

He'll also tell you what options add to the GFV and what don't. And help you arrange transport and detailing if your nice.

Just to also say that as said before best deals on finance. But then just pay it off I think within 30 days and no penalty for doing so.
      08-13-2020, 06:50 AM   #12
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:

I guess I'm one of the people who found he didn't blow other dealers out of the water. Far from it. Contacted him about buying a G05 X5 just over a year ago. He was perfectly polite and was quick to respond to my email, so no complaints. Was told that he didn't have any deals on the X5 so it's not something he could help me with. He said I could contact one of his colleagues in the main sales department, but that I would be "lucky" to get even 5% off because the new X5 was incredibly popular.

I ended up getting offers of around 15% from three other dealers. I'd probably start with TRL next time, but it's just a warning to always shop around.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 07:46 AM   #13
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:

I guess I'm one of the people who found he didn't blow other dealers out of the water. Far from it. Contacted him about buying a G05 X5 just over a year ago. He was perfectly polite and was quick to respond to my email, so no complaints. Was told that he didn't have any deals on the X5 so it's not something he could help me with. He said I could contact one of his colleagues in the main sales department, but that I would be "lucky" to get even 5% off because the new X5 was incredibly popular.

I ended up getting offers of around 15% from three other dealers. I'd probably start with TRL next time, but it's just a warning to always shop around.
He doesn't really do SUVs except X3M40i is why.

His deals are mainly on M and M lite cars below X5.