Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals RaceChip GTS Black Tune for G20 M340 unveiled. Dynoed and raced vs F82 M4

07-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #45
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Tacit approval?!? It's a damn car forum dude. Get off of your soapbox. Everything stated here doesn't need to be so politically charged nor politically corrected. You are an example of the problem.
Wearing masks in a middle of a pandemic is not a political issue, it's a public health issue. Calling people wearing masks "stupid" needs to be condemned. If doing that is a "problem", I'll gladly be an example of it.
Appreciate 6
      07-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #46
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDO View Post
Quote:
Tacit approval?!? It's a damn car forum dude. Get off of your soapbox. Everything stated here doesn't need to be so politically charged nor politically corrected. You are an example of the problem.
Wearing masks in a middle of a pandemic is not a political issue, it's a public health issue. Calling people wearing masks "stupid" needs to be condemned. If doing that is a "problem", I'll gladly be an example of it.
Using racial epithets was not a requirement and it sullied your position. It was more uncalled for than anything he stated.

Most of the "masks" worn by virtue signalers do nothing for stopping COVID transmission. It was/is all looks, no substance. I'm not impressed by people wearing masks for appearances. An N95 is one thing, but a piece of porous cloth strewn across your face or a 'Walmart special' does nothing.
Appreciate 2
dezzracer1182.50
yayaya103.50
      07-05-2020, 10:02 AM   #47
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
An N95 is one thing, but a piece of porous cloth strewn across your face or a 'Walmart special' does nothing.
WHO and the medical community disagree. Whether you're impressed by it or not is irrelevant.
Appreciate 5
      07-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #48
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
An N95 is one thing, but a piece of porous cloth strewn across your face or a 'Walmart special' does nothing.
WHO and the medical community disagree. Whether you're impressed by it or not is irrelevant.
Lol! Nearly every medical professional and/or organization recognizes that cloth masks don't really help.

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.co...ainst-covid-19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...us-spread.html

...and the WHO doesn't know what its position is. One minute they discourage wearing masks and the next minute they change positions. The WHO recommends N95's, not bargain basement masks or homemade specials. The CDC recommended wearing cloth masks to "avoid infecting others," but stated it won't keep the wearer from getting infected. So basically.....useless. The statement is contradictory. Cloth masks DO NOT stop the transmission of fine particles from coughs, sneezes, etc. The position changes depending on the political position of the day. They don't know their asses from their feet and the agenda is questionable.

If you're going to come to the table with an argument Mr. Citizen, and tout science as your backing, you should, at the very least, know the science.
Appreciate 2
Delija40.50
yayaya103.50
      07-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #49
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol! Nearly every medical professional and/or organization recognizes that cloth masks don't really help.

Incorrect. The site that you linked (credibility of which is questionable), is regurgitating info from April, when there was speculation around how effective cloth face masks are.

Current scientific consensus, WHO recommendations, and legislation by an overwhelming majority of the governments are all in favour of wearing face masks both for controlling the spread as well as preventing infection.
Appreciate 3
chris7197332.50
ToysArs60.50
      07-05-2020, 10:11 AM   #50
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Incorrect. The site that you linked (credibility of which is questionable), is regurgitating info from April, when there was speculation around how effective cloth face masks are.

Current scientific consensus, WHO recommendations, and legislation by an overwhelming majority of the governments are all in favour of wearing face masks both for controlling the spread as well as preventing infection.
Read my edit.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #51
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Optics are simply that......optics!

Cloth masks were the only alternative due to a shortage of N95's, but the absence of a proven preventative measure doesn't make the alternative better. In addition, you could still catch COVID through the membranes in your eyes, so are masks really doing what people think they are doing?!?!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #52
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I agree about the masks but we have the most cases because we have the most testing. I'm sure there are idiots elsewhere refusing to distance and wear masks too. ��
The USA has the greatest number of cases PER CAPITA, and PERCENTAGE OF THOSE TESTED.... NOT because the USA is testing a lot.
To confirm this, just look at hospital admissions... people are being turned away at hospitals in Texas because they have reached capacity.

I'm sorry this awesome thread got hijacked. I just couldn't leave the lies to hang in the air without a response.

.... and back to the awesome thread!

These reviewers have given a great comparison. The vid is entertaining and well worth seeing. I'm sub'd, as I would like to see what they do to the G8X when they get their hands on it!
You're assuming two things:

1- ALL other countries (ehhem, China) are both accurate and transparent with their testing, and;

2- ALL other countries can record cases and statistics as accurately or transparently as the rest of the world.

For example, I was in Africa during COVID, I promise you half the continent could have it and they would have NO clue. Also, China is undoubtedly being deceptive with its numbers.

On topic though, interested in seeing the gains from these mods.
      07-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #53
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
How are people spending time talking about masks and Covid here? God, TDS is absolutely real.
How? Look to the beginning of the thread, and you'll see an ignoramus blathering about how it's "good" to "see a video without masks". That's how.

Responsible people then called him out on the utter stupidity of that statement, as they should. I hope that everyone keeps doing that, regarding all issues, and we stop the implicit acceptance by hiding behind "it's a car forum".

I definitely don't want to be a part of any forum, car or otherwise, where ignorant rednecks can slip in remarks like that unchecked, and have other rednecks defend them by piling onto others who responsibly call out such behaviour.
You do understand that term is racist, right?

So you're a presumptuous, stereotyping racist now.
trey1001125.00
      07-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #54
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post
Yes disease spread shaming, racism shaming, sexist shaming... all things now. Kinda should have been a thing forever but better late than never. You might want to join the party.
"couldn't afford a real M shaming"

j/k

Also; mods. Can we just outright ban coronavirus/race baiting/social justice attacks/etc discussion at least from the main forums. Gonna go out on a limb here and assume most of us come on here to get away from that shit and talk about cars.
      07-05-2020, 07:22 PM   #55
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
I guess mask-shaming is the new thing now.
It is rather unfortunate you are a LEO. You set a bad example.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #56
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...us-spread.html

...and the WHO doesn't know what its position is. One minute they discourage wearing masks and the next minute they change positions. The WHO recommends N95's, not bargain basement masks or homemade specials. The CDC recommended wearing cloth masks to "avoid infecting others," but stated it won't keep the wearer from getting infected. So basically.....useless. The statement is contradictory. Cloth masks DO NOT stop the transmission of fine particles from coughs, sneezes, etc. The position changes depending on the political position of the day. They don't know their asses from their feet and the agenda is questionable.

If you're going to come to the table with an argument Mr. Citizen, and tout science as your backing, you should, at the very least, know the science.
Wrong. Take your anti-mask bullshit out of this forum anyway. Go back to the Politics subforum where you guys can thread-crap there.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #57
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
I guess mask-shaming is the new thing now.
It is rather unfortunate you are a LEO. You set a bad example.
I do not care what you think.
Appreciate 2
trey1001125.00
paliknight2191.50
      07-05-2020, 07:30 PM   #58
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Don't bother. He loves to show how big and strong of a man he is by crapping up an M340i thread with anti-mask stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 08:02 PM   #59
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
How? Look to the beginning of the thread, and you'll see an ignoramus blathering about how it's "good" to "see a video without masks". That's how.

Responsible people then called him out on the utter stupidity of that statement, as they should. I hope that everyone keeps doing that, regarding all issues, and we stop the implicit acceptance by hiding behind "it's a car forum".

I definitely don't want to be a part of any forum, car or otherwise, where ignorant rednecks can slip in remarks like that unchecked, and have other rednecks defend them by piling onto others who responsibly call out such behaviour.
The moderators have a real problem here. We keep having these nuts pop out complaining about masks, SJWs, "virtue signaling", etc. in car threads. No one cares about their agenda. They already have their own echo chamber subforum and it would be nice if they would stop polluting regular car threads.

You are completely correct to have called out people who are derailing threads with misinformation damaging to public health.
Appreciate 2
      07-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #60
raj914
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

So is this like a piggyback? Or do you plug the module into your OBD port, and it flashes it? Do you also have to leave it plugged in? Also, does it work if your DME is locked?
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2020, 09:05 PM   #61
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj914 View Post
So is this like a piggyback? Or do you plug the module into your OBD port, and it flashes it? Do you also have to leave it plugged in? Also, does it work if your DME is locked?
All RaceChip products are piggyback as far as I am aware.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #62
raj914
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

So based upon anyone's personal experience, racechip or jb4? It's the only two options I'm left with since my DME is locked.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:43 PM   #63
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

I hope all these jerk-off mask comments gets deleted so we can get back to the important stuff. Telling g20 owners they don't have a real M car and g20 owners telling f80 owners their cars are slow.

Appreciate 4
chris7197332.50
trey1001125.00
hubbahubba8789.50
      07-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #64
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
How are people spending time talking about masks and Covid here? God, TDS is absolutely real.

Ahh, rednecks. Must be rednecks? I live in NY and travel through very blue and non-"redneck" Connecticut often. You see very few people wearing masks. Drive through the most liberal towns in CT and masks are a rarity.

I do wear a mask when out because I don't see any reason not to, but don't be so judgemental. There is a real hypocrisy when it comes to masks. There are plenty of non-rednecks, blue-blooded elitists, not wearing masks.

So save the fake outrage.

Edit: ....and stereotypical, racist, post.
Appreciate 4
paliknight2191.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      07-06-2020, 12:48 AM   #65
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
I would like to share a good news on this G20 platform, specifically on the new B58 equipped M340i/ix.

RaceChip Germany has been partnering up with Eibach and Lightweight-performance in Germany to develop the new 2020 G20 M340iX.

I don't want to bore you guys with too much reading.
But, feel free to ask any question directly to me or RaceChip USA.
I have been working closely with US and Germany office, also had personal experience in the products and all of my customers been happy with the products and service we've provided.
*delted my previous question and reposted this one in hopes of making more sense* :-)

Are wheel numbers available? Reason I ask - I'm curious what drive train loss is being estimated at (if it's there and I missed it...my apologies for the unnecessary question).

I watched the video (cool thank you) and if I look at their M4 HP numbers vs what has been published over the years for wheel HP it looks like about 18-20% multiplier for crank - was the same number used for the M340? And if I'm off - kindly let me know :-)

I have wheel on my car and am guessing at crank but would love to better understand what racechip considers as accurate

Thanks! And congrats!
Isn't 15% considered the average loss of most any rear wheel drive car? Assuming more for all wheel drive but do not how much for X drive.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 12:57 AM   #66
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I agree about the masks but we have the most cases because we have the most testing. I'm sure there are idiots elsewhere refusing to distance and wear masks too. 😉
Love it how Trumpettes out themselves at every step.
How fun that this thread became political. Although I admit it was interesting reading comments and opinions about wearing masks by fellow BMW enthusiast like myself.

After 6 months of this virus being studied by the best minds in the world I've come to this conclusion: Nobody really knows sht fuk about this virus and they all got it wrong. Round and round we go where it ends nobody knows.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24980.50
FreeDarko217.00
chrisny546.50