Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK What if anything, am I doing wrong? Software update via BMW Connected app.

02-18-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
BeagleKCH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320d xDrive M Sport

I have successfully downloaded the latest update onto my phone - about 1.5GB in size.

My car gives me the message that the previous (2018) update failed.

I have managed to get the update uploading from my phone to the car. Most of the time the Wi-fi and Bluetooth connections resume without issue. On the occasions when that has been a struggle I have always managed to get a connection up and running. But here's the thing: for days now I have been stuck on the picture below. The BMW Connected app is telling me that the update is being uploaded, (the animation on the app is showing the upload travelling to the car, although the picture doesn't show the dots moving, they are, they were just not caught by the screenshot) but it surely can't be right that it is taking days and days to complete the upload process?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Quietlife
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Garage List
2019 BMW G20  [0.00]
Mine took days and days. It then said upload complete and waiting to install. It then completely disappeared and said no upgrade available.
The whole process is pants. It’s now booked in for a dealer upgrade.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
jonnyboyj
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320d M Sport

Don't give up just yet, my car updated from 11/2018.57 to 07/2019.75 last night. It had taken the car about 1 week to download the software, I drive about 10 hrs a week and the download only seemed to progress when the car was in use.

Last night the car stated the upgrade had finished downloading and was ready to install, so I initiated the upgrade and about 20 minutes later it had finished. I am now able to access Spotify etc which hadn't been available.

On an additional note, my Connected Drive app had never worked but following the update is now working correctly.

I know I don't have the latest software but I'm happy that everything is now working correctly.

Having read loads of posts about OTA not working I'm happy to report it worked for me.
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1936.50