BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Sim Racing Best Racing Sim Games - Xbox One X or PC

11-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #45
Kev608
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

I completely reinstalled Windows 10. I forced all available OS updates and installed all of the latest drivers for hardware. I installed beta versions of Steam and Steam VR. I installed Windows Mixed Reality on Steam and then followed this guide:

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/p...t/3657185.page

Everything is smooth as butter now and I learned a lot. Thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #46
Kev608
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If you're thinking of subscribing to iRacing, use this link for 50% off new subscriptions!

https://www.iracing.com/membership/?refid=413033
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #47
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Neither, Gran Turismo on PS4.
Appreciate 1
Infamus75.00
      11-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #48
Kev608
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Neither, Gran Turismo on PS4.
I don't own a PS4, but I'm sure others will appreciate your input there.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #49
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev608 View Post
I don't own a PS4, but I'm sure others will appreciate your input there.
That's too bad, the physics engine is so far above everything mentioned in this thread that it's worth buying a dedicated console and TV set-up for it.

Most of the games these days put visuals far ahead of movement physics because that's what sells to kids.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #50
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
That's too bad, the physics engine is so far above everything mentioned in this thread that it's worth buying a dedicated console and TV set-up for it.

Most of the games these days put visuals far ahead of movement physics because that's what sells to kids.
Haha, that's a funny one. It's a decent game but a league below all those games in terms of simulation and realism, and the best looking one. So it's exact opposite of what you said.
Appreciate 1
aozer994.50
      11-19-2019, 02:24 PM   #51
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:

LOL.....Is that why professionals F1 drivers play sims like iRacing and Assetto Corsa?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #52
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
Haha, that's a funny one. It's a decent game but a league below all those games in terms of simulation and realism, and the best looking one. So it's exact opposite of what you said.
I recommend you play these games side by side, one after the other, and I feel like your viewpoint will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
LOL.....Is that why professionals F1 drivers play sims like iRacing and Assetto Corsa?
You sound like you're speaking for all of them. Anything you know about F1 is presented that way. Last time I was a Laguna Seca it was GT on display, not AC. And a lot of times it has to do with which tracks are presented.

And like above, drive them side by side, one right after the other. The physics engine in GT blows AC away. It's true that GT takes some tweaking, it's not fantastic right out of the box, but the overall movement of the car is superior to AC.

It also depends on what you're racing on. I personally don't own a wheel set-up, but my friends Fanatec system shows the differences pretty easily.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #53
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
I recommend you play these games side by side, one after the other, and I feel like your viewpoint will change.
I've played them for hundreds of hours, but you apparently didn't. There are many good things in GT Sport, but no one in their right mind would suggest that it's on the same level in terms of physics and realism. To claim it's even better is laughable.
Appreciate 2
aozer994.50
Robin_NL8679.50
      11-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #54
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I've played them for hundreds of hours, but you apparently didn't. There are many good things in GT Sport, but no one in their right mind would suggest that it's on the same level in terms of physics and realism. To claim it's even better is laughable.
I think you have me on hundreds of hours.

I much prefer GT Sport.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #55
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
I think you have me on hundreds of hours.

I much prefer GT Sport.
Preference is subjective. As I said, GT Sport has a lot of good things going for it, like visuals (good HDR implementation), choice of cars, and public multiplayer with full lobbies, safety ratings and regular races. It'a probably best for casual online racing, miles better than AC or PC2, where multiplayer can be a mayhem. It however suffers badly from atrocious AI in single player races, weak/nonexistent weather/surface simulation and has very poor track selection, with a lot of made up circuits. Physics is ok, good enough for something that isn't a hardcore sim like iRacing.

You can have a lot of fun with that game, and it's a must buy for someone with a PS4, who's into racing, but it sounds like you don't really have enough experience to judge them. You don't even own a wheel.... wtf
Appreciate 4
      11-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #56
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
You don't even own a wheel.... wtf
I don't own a wheel set-up, meaning an entire rig. I have a Thrustmaster, but using the Fanatec is a whole different level, so I usually just play at my friend's house.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #57
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Having played the GT games for over 10 years now, I am a big fan to GT Sport. IMO, GTS is the best all-around sim game on the market! It is the absolute complete package regarding content, experience, realism and authenticity. The driving dynamics are greatly improved in GTS from GT6.

I have recently starting playing Project Cars 2 (PC). I have to say it is a great game as well! The biggest differences I feel PC2 offers over GTS is the emphasis on the tire (temp, heat, wear etc.). This is a major element missing from GTS. In GTS you always have optimal grip. In PC2 the tires are cold at the beginning of the session, heat up as you drive, get hot and wear as you continue to drive/race.

In turn, I feel the AI drivers in PC2 are overly aggressive, cruel and is lacking. A couple major examples, if you are in a race and two cars in front of you bang into each other in a turn blocking the track, you will be penalized for going off track around them to avoid wrecking, etc. You will most likely be give 30 seconds to return the place X that you were in before passing them. That is BS! One of the first things you are taught in race school is to go off track to avoid a wreck or being wrecked. This is very poor on PC2s part. This also ties into how much of an absolute prick the AI Race Director can be. You will receive penalties for the smallest of mistakes, avoiding a wreck is one. He must be retired F1.

Both GTS and PC2 have different approaches, I feel. In GTS you smart of in regular cars that teach you and develop your driving skills as you go. PC2 I feel is better for people that already have a good understanding of track driving and racing to some extent. You also must have a bit of understanding of how to setup a car as well. The Loose setup IMO is certainly WAY to loose, and in combination with a bad steering wheel configuration you are in for a very challenging and miserable experience until you get things sorted. In GTS it is definably much easier all-around experience starting out. Just a few of my thoughts.

I have also tested the GT3 RS in GTS and PC2 on the Nurburgring GP track extensively and pretty much the exact same lap times - on street tires. The GT3 is more of a handful in PC2, the car does need to be driven slightly differently between the two games.

I know Forza is right there is GTS, I do not have any experience with it. Seems iRacing is the closest to a real "racing" experience, planning on trying it soon.
      12-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #58
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

There is a reason that lots of drivers use iRacing in their free time to train. Also why a couple of actual racers have been pulled from the game to race in real life. The physics are amazing.

If you're not looking for a multiplayer experience, rFactor 2 is good. We use it in our sim setup at work for professional drivers. I had the opportunity to hop in it, and my God was it crazy how realistic it all felt.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #59
Kev608
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
There is a reason that lots of drivers use iRacing in their free time to train. Also why a couple of actual racers have been pulled from the game to race in real life. The physics are amazing.

If you're not looking for a multiplayer experience, rFactor 2 is good. We use it in our sim setup at work for professional drivers. I had the opportunity to hop in it, and my God was it crazy how realistic it all felt.
I agree that iRacing is the best. I've tried them all and this is my favorite. I really like rFactor, but there is some sort of compatibility issue with the HP Reverb that I can't quite figure out yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 11:27 AM   #60
Rich150001
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Havent played them all, but am an OG fan of Grandturismo and love them as a brand. The movie was pretty good and I cant think of any other company who has put their top SIM racers in real races where they made the podium in LeMans.
      11-27-2023, 04:36 PM   #61
Fillip
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M3 (F80)

My favorite one is "Gran Turismo 7".
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 07:35 AM   #62
TudTuriceanu
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2015

Gran Turismo 7 is a good one but also I must admit that iRacing is the best
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 11:14 AM   #63
albertnakali
Registered
Rep
Drives: Renault

RE:

After reinstalling Windows 10, it's the perfect time to explore a diverse gaming experience. Head over to fnf online, where you can play Friday Night Funkin' for free. This site offers a seamless gaming experience, ensuring that your post-Windows reinstallation gaming sessions are both enjoyable and hassle-free. Discover the rhythm and fun of FNF to make the most of your gaming adventures in the refreshed Windows 10 environment.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 05:56 PM   #64
Mahduece
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

ACC for xbox x. Wish it had iracing, Im not about to dive into PC just to have iracing.
Appreciate 0