Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Hit a rock - 2022 lower diffuser questions

09-25-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Hit a rock - 2022 lower diffuser questions

So I managed to back into a giant rock the other day on the way out of a side of the road parking area after a hike in NY. It was a nightmare combination, where I was looking out the back window instead of using the backup camera because there was a lot of other "bigger picture" stuff, and the backup sensors basically went "beep" once as I pressed violently into the rock.

Beep SMASH!

I did enough damage that to undent/unbend the diffuser and then repaint is going to end up costing more than getting an aftermarket piece instead.

I screwed up, and it was embarrassing, but luckily no harm outside of the car.

Anyways, I am pretty lucky, because I only damaged the lower section of the diffuser but not the bumper. For the first time ever, I think I am actually happy that the exhaust tips are these weird surround crowns, because I definitely screwed up the alignment of the right one too.

So onto my questions - I see tons of nightmare stories on here about fitment of diffusers and difficulty determining if the ebay ones are for the American spec car.

2022 US Spec M340ix - Shadowline. Completely stock at this time.

A lot of the other diffusers I have looked at specifically describe that they are not compatible with the stock tips. I've had m3's and I don't particularly care to get the quad exhaust tips on a 340. If possible, I'd prefer to keep the stock crown rectangular tips (I may* need to get a new right tip, its a little scratched I'm quite sure I can paint that out, its more of the fact that its pushed in). I'm hoping its pushed in because I damaged where it hangs as opposed to the actual tip itself.

Ideally, I'm interested in a diffuser that's not super aggressive with long fins. I'm partial to carbon fiber over gloss black, but I am open to look at either option.

Right now I'm thinking about this:

I have been looking at this particular bumper and just reached out to the company about fitment because the site claims that you need to have the M-Sport version for it to fit. . . I chose "shadowline" instead of M-Sport, but I thought that was just black instead of chrome, I didn't think it would have anything to do with the painted rear diffuser.

https://german-car-accessories.com/p...waAgaTEALw_wcB

Any input from recent diffuser upgraders is appreciated.
Attached Images

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 08:23 PM   #2
Bmock17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5M Competition

I have a bmw m performance oem carbon fiber diffuser I am selling. I also have the gloss black bumper trim. They were only on my car for a couple of weeks and looks brand new. I bought my M340i the end of July and just traded it in last week so I no longer have a need for them. Let me know if you're interested.
Appreciate 0