Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Dravit Gray with Pearl interior?

02-26-2020, 05:43 AM   #1
D-MAN23
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dravit Gray with Pearl interior?

Hi everyone,

I am on the verge of purchasing a Model 330E with an M package.
Currently I’m driving 2016 white color 3 Series.

Although white is a very popular color, but I’m getting a little already bored with it and for the next vehicle I want a more unique and special color.

I was thinking about the Dravit Gray that gets a lot of praise here and I saw it in the agency and it is indeed very special

I really like the pearl interior for the car and my question is about the combination between pearl and the Dravit gray?

I have never seen this combination in reality the tendency is to choose a mocha or cognac interior.

Will love to hear what your thoughts on the subject.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:27 AM   #2
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
I think the reason mocha or cognac is chosen is because of the gold undertones in the dravit grey color which compliment a brown interior. At the same time, the browns offer a contrast to the actual grey.

That being said, I think the pearl still looks good with dravit. The nice thing about a neutral color such as pearl is that it goes well with practically any color.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #3
MUFCbmwbear
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 & 20 M340xi

Dravit on Pearl/Ivory works well.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #4
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCbmwbear View Post
Dravit on Pearl/Ivory works well.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:12 PM   #5
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAN23 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am on the verge of purchasing a Model 330E with an M package.
Currently I’m driving 2016 white color 3 Series.

Although white is a very popular color, but I’m getting a little already bored with it and for the next vehicle I want a more unique and special color.

I was thinking about the Dravit Gray that gets a lot of praise here and I saw it in the agency and it is indeed very special

I really like the pearl interior for the car and my question is about the combination between pearl and the Dravit gray?

I have never seen this combination in reality the tendency is to choose a mocha or cognac interior.

Will love to hear what your thoughts on the subject.
A month ago I was struggling with the same decision, Trying to decide between Dravit and Tanzanite. It is a tough choice when there are not many cars for you to see in the flesh. Both these colors show differently in sun and shadow.

Yesterday, I drove by BMW Greenwich, CT and there were TWO M340's sitting clean, outside in the sun and waiting for delivery.

On the left, was Dravit over Cognac. Very nice. Not sure this particular gray (lots of fine gold metallic) does the M340 body lines justice. This car had upgraded aluminum wheels. It looked nice, clean, different.... very different than the run of the mill BMW grays. It does look similar to many of those similar types of grays you see coming and going on jeeps, Audis, and Mercedes.

ON the right was Tanzanite over Cognac. Tanzanite is a stunning, deep, dark, rich blue. It is BLUE, not black with blue metallic. But it is a very nice, very expensive looking blue. It looks great on the M340 body and beyond great when it is finished with the black wheels. Just one guys opinion, but if you want a really sharp looking car, the Tanzanite is beyond another run of the mill blue.
Appreciate 0