Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Vibrating/Buzzing Noise from Front-Left Wheel - Dealer couldn't figure out

12-10-2023, 04:09 PM   #1
suchpro
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (G20)

Unhappy Vibrating/Buzzing Noise from Front-Left Wheel - Dealer couldn't figure out

As the title says it, I bought a 2019 G20 RWD with ~70,000km on the clock and since I got it I've been noticing a weird buzzing/humming noise coming from the front left wheel. There are also some vibrations on the steering wheel. The noise is only present when I go over 85km/h and up to 100km/h. Afterwards I hear it again maybe over 160km/h but I'm not 100% sure. It always shows up the second I go over 85km/h.

When I go into a corner, usually left-hand corner, it would start to oscillate. Something similar to when you cross a rumble strip but weaker.

Complained to the dealer, and they have so far:
- Replaced Steering rack
- Replaced Ball joints
- Replaced Strut mounts
- Replaced Spring pads
- Checked and Adjusted front geometry
- Checked and Adjusted rear geometry

Additionally, on top of all that I just replaced the wheels (bought a winter set - OEM) with Hankook Winter i*cept RS3 brand new tyres (DOT 2338).

I don't know what else to do other than sell the car , If anyone came across any similar issues, please let me know.

Last edited by suchpro; 12-10-2023 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Wheel bearing
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 07:23 AM   #3
suchpro
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Wheel bearing
Thanks, I'll look into that.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 03:03 AM   #4
Jhonna
Rep
Drives: BMW m135i F40

Bad tires? I’ve had something similar and couldn’t believe my dealer. However, Ive then replaced the tired and the sound dissapeared
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 01:36 PM   #5
Brian Durham
Registered
Rep
Drives: g42

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchpro View Post
As the title says it, I bought a 2019 G20 RWD with ~70,000km on the clock and since I got it I've been noticing a weird buzzing/humming noise coming from the front left wheel. There are also some vibrations on the steering wheel. The noise is only present when I go over 85km/h and up to 100km/h. Afterwards I hear it again maybe over 160km/h but I'm not 100% sure. It always shows up the second I go over 85km/h.

When I go into a corner, usually left-hand corner, it would start to oscillate. Something similar to when you cross a rumble strip but weaker.

Complained to the dealer, and they have so far:
- Replaced Steering rack
- Replaced Ball joints
- Replaced Strut mounts
- Replaced Spring pads
- Checked and Adjusted front geometry
- Checked and Adjusted rear geometry

Additionally, on top of all that I just replaced the wheels (bought a winter set - OEM) with Hankook Winter i*cept RS3 brand new tyres (DOT 2338).

I don't know what else to do other than sell the car , If anyone came across any similar issues, please let me know.
Oh man, that's a real head-scratcher! Since it kicks in at a certain speed, maybe check the tire balance and alignment again, especially after the new wheels. Sometimes it's the simple stuff. If that doesn't cut it, getting a second opinion from another shop might be the move. Fingers crossed for a quick fix! 🚗🤞
Appreciate 0