Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions US M340i Configurator Images

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2019, 04:48 AM   #23
michal12
First Lieutenant
113
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i on order
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CZ

iTrader: (0)

There is a color listed I have never heard of - Oxide Grey II. Anyone seen that in person?
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #24
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6480
Rep
23,638
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

so many good combos. I still am so impressed by the power info that is released. this car is going to be quick! what more would anyone need, impressive
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 1
michal12113.00

      03-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #25
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
135
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 SS/SO 2016
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
Not really.

If you factor inflation, a 2006 330 fairly well equipped was $44k in 2016. In 2019 dollars thatís roughly $56k. A 2019 RWD M340 which comes with more items as standard than the fully equipped 2006 is $54k. So the latest model is about the same price as the e90 was.
I don't agree with that!

Inflation is not that high in the last ten years and the salary did not follow the same increase anyway. This all about marketing. The added features cost nothing, when they are installed in all cars, the cost of production and installation goes down. When I get my E92 in 2007, for the same prise in 2011 I was able to get the same with more options for the same cost...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #26
Fronttwelv
Second Lieutenant
Fronttwelv's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
211
Posts

Drives: 14 328i xdrive msport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
Not really.

If you factor inflation, a 2006 330 fairly well equipped was $44k in 2016. In 2019 dollars that's roughly $56k. A 2019 RWD M340 which comes with more items as standard than the fully equipped 2006 is $54k. So the latest model is about the same price as the e90 was.
This is way off too. Inflation has been pretty flat at zero at least from 2006. The new car is actually 10k more. But it does come with way more tech, way better engine/trans and is a blast to drive compared to the e90 330.
__________________
Present: 2014 f30 328xi MSport, 1992 VW GTi VR6 swapped
Past: 2010 335i 6 speed; 2008 VW GTi stage 2, 2004 Subie WRX FBO, 2003 20th Anny VW GTi FBO
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #27
Remonster
Major
United_States
430
Rep
1,400
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 Avus Blue
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronttwelv View Post
This is way off too. Inflation has been pretty flat at zero at least from 2006. The new car is actually 10k more. But it does come with way more tech, way better engine/trans and is a blast to drive compared to the e90 330.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
I don't agree with that!

Inflation is not that high in the last ten years and the salary did not follow the same increase anyway. This all about marketing. The added features cost nothing, when they are installed in all cars, the cost of production and installation goes down. When I get my E92 in 2007, for the same prise in 2011 I was able to get the same with more options for the same cost...
https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

Good thing the government has an actual inflation calculator...inflation has absolutely not been flat although real wages have - in other words, we're all poorer on average than we were but the value of the dollar has definitely changed noticeably.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #28
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
georgere's Avatar
United_States
525
Rep
1,898
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 BSM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stamford CT

iTrader: (1)

Yep, it's dead.
__________________
My 1st love was 2006 BMW 325i Sport + Prem 6MT but I married the 2016 M3 BSM MDCT.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #29
BigSky702
Captain
BigSky702's Avatar
447
Rep
716
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Just got word that my payments for the M340i may be the same or slightly more than my M4!!!!

Iím assuming this means the performance will be worth it???!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #30
RPM1123
Second Lieutenant
United_States
252
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340xi
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
Just got word that my payments for the M340i may be the same or slightly more than my M4!!!!

Iím assuming this means the performance will be worth it???!!!
I bet you the M340i will be quicker to 60 in 9 out of 10 drag races.

M4 will still pull away at speeds where the AWD advantage isn't relevant.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:57 PM   #31
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
1483
Rep
2,107
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronttwelv View Post
This is way off too. Inflation has been pretty flat at zero at least from 2006. The new car is actually 10k more. But it does come with way more tech, way better engine/trans and is a blast to drive compared to the e90 330.
Inflation has been steady, but not zero. If inflation were 0, we wouldn't be seeing the amount of economic growth we are experiencing since the end of the recession. Are you thinking of interest rates? Fed interest rates and inflation are different things. In fact, generally low interest rates tend to increase inflation and higher interest rates decrease inflation. The job of the Fed is to keep inflation in check and it does this primarly by adjusting interest rates. The long period of low interest rates has increased inflation though tempered by the recession.

Also, the E90 330i was a 3.0L inline 6 with a 6 speed manual. Far better than the current 330i as far as driver engagement and feel. The G20 is technically superior and flat out better in a lot of ways. But the E90 330i was a great car with a solid engine/transmission (if you optioned it properly). in fact, the E90 330i had more power than the G20 330i.

Last edited by upsidedownfunnel; 03-15-2019 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
MT4life564.00

      03-15-2019, 08:10 PM   #32
magbarn
First Lieutenant
137
Rep
384
Posts

Drives: '17 540i Msport
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
If compare full equipped E90 335i and full equipped G20 340i we still have 10 000 $ difference...sorry! It almost the cost of my F82...Different times different options available, but still a huge cost increase...BMW is moving the 3 series to the 5 series cost and so on...3 series market is replaced by 1 and 2 series...
Not really.

If you factor inflation, a 2006 330 fairly well equipped was $44k in 2016. In 2019 dollars that’s roughly $56k. A 2019 RWD M340 which comes with more items as standard than the fully equipped 2006 is $54k. So the latest model is about the same price as the e90 was.
I don't know if 3 years was a big difference but my 2003 330i with sport and premium package with 6 speed manual was $40,500 on the window. Miss that car. New owner still has it with 250,000+ miles. He's only done vanos seals, CAB, cooling system fixes, occasionally power window regs, fluid changes (the rear diff has a drain plug - imagine that!), guibo, and brake jobs. He did most of that in his garage. None of the G series will make it that far with carbon buildup fixes, possible timing chain issues requiring an engine drop, and likely a new tranny as there's no manual anymore.

Then again we all lease anyway right?
__________________
G30 540i Msport
G05 X5 xDrive40i Msport
Retired '03 330i, '10 335d
Appreciate 2
Roch M4135.00
MT4life564.00

      03-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #33
BigSky702
Captain
BigSky702's Avatar
447
Rep
716
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1123 View Post
I bet you the M340i will be quicker to 60 in 9 out of 10 drag races.

M4 will still pull away at speeds where the AWD advantage isn't relevant.
Got a quote of 833 monthly! I discarded the driver assist stuff, but added exec pkg and adaptive M, and HK stereo.


Ok. Iím an idiot!! Maybe this was mentioned somewhere but I ordered the executive package, and just realized I canít add parking assistance package.

Does that mean the exec package includes those items
From parking assistance already???

Last edited by BigSky702; 03-16-2019 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 10:52 PM   #34
RPM1123
Second Lieutenant
United_States
252
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340xi
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

The images 404'd for a couple days but they're back now. I'd guess the configurator is close.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #35
tsippr
Tsippr
United_States
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i xdrive Gran Coupe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newcastle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
They just need to put the configurator online. You can order one so silly that you can't use configurator.

Same with X3/4M ... get the config online
My only issue with the 2019 X4 is lack of Msport steering wheel (in US-delivered models).
Appreciate 1
DZ F30168.00

      03-27-2019, 02:33 AM   #36
Barathon
Second Lieutenant
Barathon's Avatar
219
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: Porsche Cayenne S -temp beater
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dayton, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsippr View Post
My only issue with the 2019 X4 is lack of Msport steering wheel (in US-delivered models).
Don't get me started... Aside from the fact that I think I should have kept my M3, that steering wheel is the single largest item that makes me regret my order.

My dealer was trying to get it swapped out and got BMW HQ in Germany to add the option but BMW NA kept deleting it. When it was an impossibility to change at that point if I could have I may have cancelled my order. I find the non-M steering wheel to be hideous and it annoys the crap out of me that even a base model X1 can get an M Wheel.

I'm worried that after I take delivery I will hate it to the point that I either spend the insane amount of money needed to swap it out or just not enjoy the car and end up getting rid of it altogether.

Its such a petty thing to be annoyed about but first world problems I guess.
__________________
On order 2020 X4 ///M Competition Toronto Red

Past
2016 ///M3 Tanzanite Blue | DCT | ZCP
2015 ///M3 Mineral Grey | DCT
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 06:50 AM   #37
BigSky702
Captain
BigSky702's Avatar
447
Rep
716
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
Don't get me started... Aside from the fact that I think I should have kept my M3, that steering wheel is the single largest item that makes me regret my order.

My dealer was trying to get it swapped out and got BMW HQ in Germany to add the option but BMW NA kept deleting it. When it was an impossibility to change at that point if I could have I may have cancelled my order. I find the non-M steering wheel to be hideous and it annoys the crap out of me that even a base model X1 can get an M Wheel.

I'm worried that after I take delivery I will hate it to the point that I either spend the insane amount of money needed to swap it out or just not enjoy the car and end up getting rid of it altogether.

Its such a petty thing to be annoyed about but first world problems I guess.
Lol. I have an X4 as a loaner, was thinking the same thing yesterday about the steering wheel look and feel.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST