Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Eton Stealth 7.1 DSP in G20 HiFi (with RAM)

01-30-2021, 12:11 AM   #1
TropikThunder
Private
Rep
Drives: current: 330i next: x3 M40i

Eton Stealth 7.1 DSP in G20 HiFi (with RAM)

Hi folks! I read with great interest the thread on AudioTech Fisher coming out the harness to allow the 7UP DSP to be connected to the newer iDrive 7 systems:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...t=MATCH+UP7DSP

My question is, does anyone know whether that harness is compatible with other aftermarket amps? I bought an Eton Stealth 7.1 DSP recently because I'm planning on getting a new M240i with the iDrive 6 system, but they are super scarce and my backup plan is a 330i.

The Stealth already has 6 speaker-level inputs so I wouldn't need the MEC Analog module. What I would need are the black 42-pin plugs to interface with the existing harness in the 330i and the RAM. Unfortunately I would probably have to cut and splice the speaker level inputs and outputs since the white Molex connectors on the harness don't match the connection block on the Eton but that's doable (I mean, the Technic harness just uses individual wires for the speaker level inputs already).

Either that, or does anyone know of another RAM bypass harness? Thanks!

Last edited by TropikThunder; 01-30-2021 at 05:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 05:19 PM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
Hi folks! I read with great interest the thread on AudioTech Fisher coming out the harness to allow the 7UP DSP to be connected to the newer iDrive 7 systems:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...t=MATCH+UP7DSP

My question is, does anyone know whether that harness is compatible with other aftermarket amps? I bought an Eton Stealth 7.1 DSP recently because I'm planning on getting a new M240i with the iDrive 6 system, but they are super scarce and my backup plan is a 330i.

The Stealth already has 6 speaker-level inputs so I wouldn't need the MEC Analog module. What I would need are the black 42-pin plugs to interface with the existing harness in the 330i and the RAM. Unfortunately I would probably have to cut and splice the speaker level inputs and outputs since the white Molex connectors on the harness don't match the connection block on the Eton but that's doable (I mean, the Technic harness just uses individual wires for the speaker level inputs already).

Either that, or does anyone know of another RAM bypass harness? Thanks!
Compatible by cutting the Match harness up and wiring each wire to the Eton, yes.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 03:39 PM   #3
TiEcs
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 320e

Did you get the stealth installed?
If yes, how and are you happy with it? Likes vs dislikes?
Appreciate 0