Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M340i Maxton rear diffuser

02-14-2023, 01:28 AM   #23
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Let us know, as I’m not sure I understand what you guys are saying about tow hook cover.

Also would it work with quad tip conversion?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 01:44 AM   #24
Bianchi Dave
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Let us know, as I’m not sure I understand what you guys are saying about tow hook cover.

Also would it work with quad tip conversion?
Sorry no idea about quads, but the towing eye cover is toward the offside of the bumper (or passenger side on US cars).

Here it is with the Maxton diffuser fitted -

If you look at a normal one, there is a small trim piece across the bottom, with an arrow/triangle on. Most diffusers (OEM and aftermarket) come with a replacement trim piece but it seems you just remove it altogether for the Maxton. Will find out for sure today.

Last edited by Bianchi Dave; 02-14-2023 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 05:47 AM   #25
Bianchi Dave
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Maxton diffuser and OEM side sill/skirt extensions fitted yesterday.

Standard OEM diffuser wasn't too bad to remove in the end, following 2 failed attempts at home on the drive at the weekend. Much easier with the car in the air. I still think the M340 ones seem a bit harder to remove than the standard M Sport, probably down to the narrower ends due to the wider exhaust cut outs.

Maxton diffuser is good quality, as good as any OEM diffuser I've fitted over the years.

The towing eye cover was as expected, you just unclip the lower piece of trim and remove it altogether so the top of the diffuser is flush with no need for an extra trim piece.

Fitment in general (as in the shape) is excellent but I'm not too happy with it not having clips. Instead it has flat tabs which locate fine in the clip holes but are almost impossible to secure due to lack of access inside the bumper. We got one screw in the top centre and secured the rest using a few spots of sealant. I might revisit this at some point, although the diffuser cant come off as the bottom underside is screwed into existing holes at the back of the undertray which is very neat.

I took off the undertray and the exhaust tips to improve access but be aware if you do this, the undertray needs to be re secured (by the 4 screws closest to you at the back of the car, as the 3 others are required by diffuser) and the exhaust tips need to be refitted prior to fitting the new diffuser - as we found!

Hope this helps someone. I'm really happy with the overall look, not too over the top but a touch more aggressive than the OEM M Performance variant. Here's a few pics -

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 08:36 AM   #26
Jimbon1973
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring (ordered Jan 22)

Wow, looks great. Still not revisited the installation of mine yet after the two botched attempts initially .
Thanks for the info- very useful.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2023, 10:58 AM   #27
Bianchi Dave
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbon1973 View Post
Wow, looks great. Still not revisited the installation of mine yet after the two botched attempts initially .
Thanks for the info- very useful.
Just need to take a brave pill! But like I said, its easier if you're able to work with the car at chest height.

I found that once the bottom corners were completely free (the hardest bit on the M340 I think), the remaining clips along the top are easier as you can get a hand between the diffuser and bumper and work your way along the top edge, whilst pulling outward at the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 10:30 AM   #28
ioannis_pantelis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330E

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5468 View Post
Agree. I like the Maxton kits.
Hello, I just purchased the same diffuser for my 330e I was wondering where you got the quad tailpipes extension that fits well with this diffuser.
I have seen this video on YouTube:

in the video, the person had difficulty installing the quad pipes and he had to do some cutting which I wouldn't trust myself with or anyone in my country since mods to cars are not very common here.
Please let me know which quad pipes you used and how the installation process was for you. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 01:13 PM   #29
Piggin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M440i

Hopefully someone can help me as I have just forcibly removed my Maxton front splitter off my car by driving through a massive puddle. Does anyone have a discount or free delivery code by any chance they would share with me

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 04:23 PM   #30
21M340IDallas
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianchi Dave View Post
Maxton diffuser and OEM side sill/skirt extensions fitted yesterday.

Standard OEM diffuser wasn't too bad to remove in the end, following 2 failed attempts at home on the drive at the weekend. Much easier with the car in the air. I still think the M340 ones seem a bit harder to remove than the standard M Sport, probably down to the narrower ends due to the wider exhaust cut outs.

Maxton diffuser is good quality, as good as any OEM diffuser I've fitted over the years.

The towing eye cover was as expected, you just unclip the lower piece of trim and remove it altogether so the top of the diffuser is flush with no need for an extra trim piece.

Fitment in general (as in the shape) is excellent but I'm not too happy with it not having clips. Instead it has flat tabs which locate fine in the clip holes but are almost impossible to secure due to lack of access inside the bumper. We got one screw in the top centre and secured the rest using a few spots of sealant. I might revisit this at some point, although the diffuser cant come off as the bottom underside is screwed into existing holes at the back of the undertray which is very neat.

I took off the undertray and the exhaust tips to improve access but be aware if you do this, the undertray needs to be re secured (by the 4 screws closest to you at the back of the car, as the 3 others are required by diffuser) and the exhaust tips need to be refitted prior to fitting the new diffuser - as we found!

Hope this helps someone. I'm really happy with the overall look, not too over the top but a touch more aggressive than the OEM M Performance variant. Here's a few pics -

So how are you expected to secure the upper clips? Are there direction and other mounting hardware supplied?

"Instead it has flat tabs which locate fine in the clip holes but are almost impossible to secure due to lack of access inside the bumper."
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 02:04 AM   #31
Bianchi Dave
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M340IDallas View Post
So how are you expected to secure the upper clips? Are there direction and other mounting hardware supplied?

"Instead it has flat tabs which locate fine in the clip holes but are almost impossible to secure due to lack of access inside the bumper."
Maxton expect you to remove the bumper and put screws through the tabs on the inside. I gave up in the end and went OEM. Totally unsatisfactory in my opinion, and a shame as its a good looking diffuser.

There's a guy on the Pistonheads forum who moulded the tabs into clips with a heat gun and says it holds well. No pics so not sure exactly what he did, if it was just a case of bending the whole tab so it held or actually making a 'hook' on the end to secure it, as per OEM.

Why Maxton didn't just have moulded clips as per every other diffuser is beyond me. Must be costing them sales.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 12:15 PM   #32
21M340IDallas
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I

Yea, I just cancelled my preorder.
Appreciate 1