Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Clearing notifications

01-04-2024, 01:08 PM   #1
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Clearing notifications

Pretty much every time I jump into the car, there will be one Notification when I swipe down from the top middle of the ID7 display and 95 times out of 100 it will be "Suggested Destination" and my home address, which I have already set in the ID7 as my home address, and this notification will often even pop up when the car is AT my home address.

Can somebody advise how I stop these daft suggestions? I've had a look around in the settings for Nav and General settings, but I'm not finding anything to turn this off.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 01:43 PM   #2
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

The good news is that they can be turned off (used to annoy the hell out of me).

The bad news is that I can't remember how I did it but someone will surely let you know.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 03:36 PM   #3
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post
Pretty much every time I jump into the car, there will be one Notification when I swipe down from the top middle of the ID7 display and 95 times out of 100 it will be "Suggested Destination" and my home address, which I have already set in the ID7 as my home address, and this notification will often even pop up when the car is AT my home address.

Can somebody advise how I stop these daft suggestions? I've had a look around in the settings for Nav and General settings, but I'm not finding anything to turn this off.

Thanks!!
When you've been looking in Nav and General settings have you tried the 'Option' key? Just a thought because in the past I've found it reveals additional menus in some instances?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 03:38 PM   #4
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Or maybe when you have 'Notifications' up on the screen does 'Option' allow you to select something like 'Don't remind me again' or something similar?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 04:17 PM   #5
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Yeah, this can be turned off. Can’t remember how I did it but I don’t think it was particularly hard when I went looking.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 05:34 PM   #6
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

LOL!! Thanks guys. I have tried pressing the "option" button, but all it gave me were two options, turn off the display, and some other equally useless option that did not help resolve the issue.

I thought this should be a simple thing to sort out, but thus far the solution had eluded me.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 05:39 PM   #7
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I think I stopped these notifications by deactivating My Trips in either iDrive or the My BMW app.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 02:47 AM   #8
boristhebold
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320D M SPORTS TOURER

Hi I managed it but it is a bit of faff, I think this is what I had to do:

1: Clear all notifications if there are any
2: In I drive go to CAR and then General Settings
3: Go to Personal Assistant Setting
4: Then Notification Display
5: Tick the Do Not Learn Option leaving the other two un ticked.
6: Go back to your normal Idrive Display and then reboot the Idrive

Hopefully this should do it for you.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2024, 02:49 PM   #9
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Hi I managed it but it is a bit of faff, I think this is what I had to do:

1: Clear all notifications if there are any
2: In I drive go to CAR and then General Settings
3: Go to Personal Assistant Setting
4: Then Notification Display
5: Tick the Do Not Learn Option leaving the other two un ticked.
6: Go back to your normal Idrive Display and then reboot the Idrive

Hopefully this should do it for you.
Thank you Boristhebold, I'll give that a go and report back
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 03:28 PM   #10
Charlie (Wessex)
Captain
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Mine reappeared recently and it is somewhat annoying for my OCD
      01-09-2024, 05:03 AM   #11
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Thank you Boristhebold, I'll give that a go and report back
I checked on my ID7 and I had already unticked that option, the only thing I had not done since unticking it was to reboot the ID7 after that, and when I was just about to do that yesterday morning after arriving at work, I suddenly got the dreaded "Battery Low, Take vehicle for an extended drive or connect battery charger", So I've not yet rebooted my ID7 yet.

I'm glad I have that C-Tek 25A charger, It saved the day after I got home from work yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 05:04 AM   #12
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie (Wessex) View Post
Mine reappeared recently and it is somewhat annoying for my OCD
Yeah, it really is quite annoying!. Just when you thought you has got rid of it.....
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 07:02 AM   #13
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I checked on my ID7 and I had already unticked that option, the only thing I had not done since unticking it was to reboot the ID7 after that, and when I was just about to do that yesterday morning after arriving at work, I suddenly got the dreaded "Battery Low, Take vehicle for an extended drive or connect battery charger", So I've not yet rebooted my ID7 yet.

I'm glad I have that C-Tek 25A charger, It saved the day after I got home from work yesterday.
You need to drive it more 'Tok'Ra' !!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 08:49 AM   #14
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
You need to drive it more 'Tok'Ra' !!
Ah, It's just been sitting over the majority of the festive holidays doing nothing, and when it was driven, it was only for a very short journeys to the shops, my Dad's etc, so that's why the battery is low. I suspected that might happen. Another reason I bought that C-Tek charger
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 09:16 AM   #15
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ah, It's just been sitting over the majority of the festive holidays doing nothing, and when it was driven, it was only for a very short journeys to the shops, my Dad's etc, so that's why the battery is low. I suspected that might happen. Another reason I bought that C-Tek charger
In my experience over four decades BMWs don't like to sit around and not be driven although most cars probably fall into the same category a lot of the time.
Touch wood we don't really have that problem as our cars are in use most of the time, mine's on just under 13k miles, not that far short of 1k miles per month since new and my wife's is over 20k albeit after three and a half years but neither car stands idle for long. Add to that they are both garaged all the time they are not being used and battery health seems to stand up well on them.
My wife's previous 1 series coupe had to have a battery replacement at just under 10 years old, unfortunately whilst her current car was on order which was a bit of a bugger but she had to use it so we just had to take the hit.
My late father had BMWs for many years and on more than one occasion had battery draining issues due to lack of vehicle use, he only did about 3 to 4k miles per year and should have took the bus really!
On one occasion he managed to save the battery from having to be replaced despite it being almost completely discharged but interestingly it had drained because he had a habit of locking the car manually (an E36 318i saloon) with the key when it was locked in the garage but didn't put the alarm on thinking it would eventually flatten the battery when in fact the opposite was happening because the car was constantly checking the central locking system was secure as the box of ones and zeros couldn't understand why the car alarm was armed!

Last edited by bmnut; 01-09-2024 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 02:32 AM   #16
boristhebold
Private
Rep

Quote:

Hi I think you may have misread stage 5 in my previous message.

You need to have a Tick in the option Do Not Learn if you have removed the tick then put it back in and make sure the other two have NO ticks in them and reboot Idrive when you have enough charge although I doubt rebooting with engine running will cause any problems in fact if I recall rightly I rebooted mine with the engine running.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 06:08 AM   #17
boristhebold
Private
Rep

Quote:

You need to have a Tick in the option Do Not Learn if you have removed the tick then put it back in and make sure the other two have NO ticks in them and reboot Idrive when you have enough charge although I doubt rebooting with engine running will cause any problems in fact if I recall rightly I rebooted mine with the engine running.
Further to the above message here is a picture of what your aiming for hope it helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 06:21 AM   #18
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

Hi Boris,

Sorry! My mistake, there are three options in that menu,. I had the other two options are unticked, and "Do Not Learn" was ticked.

I had another look at it, checked that and it was still the same, so I unticked it, exited the menu, back to home, navigated back to that menu again a re-ticked it, back to home again and then rebooted the ID7.

So far that seems to have stopped the notifications from popping up, but it's early days yet.

Thanks though!! Hopefully that's it sorted.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 10:47 AM   #19
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Aaaand.... I spoke too soon. Jumped into car today for the usual commute home. 1 notification.. "Suggested destination (my home address"
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 11:31 AM   #20
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Isn’t it more annoying if it gets it wrong, rather than getting it right?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 02:47 PM   #21
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
Isn’t it more annoying if it gets it wrong, rather than getting it right?
Yes, I mean, I say "suggested destination (My home address)" but actually it's suggesting a house number that's usually 3 or 4 houses down from my own house.

Is BMW suggesting I go visit my neighbours on the way home? Are there that many swinggers parties going on in Germany?

This suggestion, brought to you by popular request...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 03:46 PM   #22
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

That’s good - it means any burglar that finds your keys while you’re out and about won’t be able to use your car to find and rob your house.

See, a safety feature!
Appreciate 2
bmnut813.50