Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Clearing notifications

01-10-2024, 03:51 PM   #23
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
That’s good - it means any burglar that finds your keys while you’re out and about won’t be able to use your car to find and rob your house.

See, a safety feature!
Now there's a comforting thought!...you just couldn't help yourself could you!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 03:53 PM   #24
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
That’s good - it means any burglar that finds your keys while you’re out and about won’t be able to use your car to find and rob your house.

See, a safety feature!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 04:10 PM   #25
alFR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

A quick google suggests that one of the following may work for iDrive 7:
  • Map > settings > configure services > turn off learning navigation (apparently this might take a couple of days to take effect?)
  • Push up on idrive controller. On the top menu select notifications. Then on the notification page there's a sub menu on the right hand side. Click on settings. In the settings disable notifications & recommendations at the start of the journey.
Maybe try one of those? First one seems like the most likely candidate.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 04:33 PM   #26
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alFR View Post
  • Map > settings > configure services > turn off learning navigation (apparently this might take a couple of days to take effect?)
  • Push up on idrive controller. On the top menu select notifications. Then on the notification page there's a sub menu on the right hand side. Click on settings. In the settings disable notifications & recommendations at the start of the journey.
Thanks!! I'll have a look in both of those menus tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 07:26 AM   #27
boristhebold
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320D M SPORTS TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post
Aaaand.... I spoke too soon. Jumped into car today for the usual commute home. 1 notification.. "Suggested destination (my home address"
Hi That's a bummer, how did you reset the idrive , did you hold in the volume button for 30 seconds. If so try again when engine is switched off see if that makes any difference but clear the notification first if you can.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 07:56 AM   #28
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Hi That's a bummer, how did you reset the idrive , did you hold in the volume button for 30 seconds. If so try again when engine is switched off see if that makes any difference but clear the notification first if you can.
I did hold it for 30 seconds, yes, but actually, I think the most likely culprit is the second suggestion from alFR :-

Push up on idrive controller. On the top menu select notifications. Then on the notification page there's a sub menu on the right hand side. Click on settings. In the settings disable notifications & recommendations at the start of the journey.

But I'm trying them one at a time to be sure, so I've not actually tried this one yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 09:11 AM   #29
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Here are some photos of my settings and I don't seem to get any journey recommendations with these if it helps?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 09:13 AM   #30
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

On the third photo I've just noticed the 'show at start of journey' check ticked. I'll need to look at that and see if it makes any difference, from the wording it would tend to suggest I should be getting the same notifications as you're getting but don't seem to? Bizarre?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 09:21 AM   #31
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Thanks bmnut, It turns out that I had at some point in the past already unticked "show at start of journey" > "notifications and recommendations" and I was till getting Navigation suggestions, so that checkbox is not what was the issue for me.

No notifications thus far, so the first suggestion by alFR looks to be the setting that's (hopefully) finaly resolved this issue for me. Fingers crossed!!

Last edited by The_Tok'Ra; 01-11-2024 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
bmnut813.50
      01-19-2024, 01:57 PM   #32
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alFR View Post
Just a update on this. The first suggestion from alFR above has resolved the issue for me. I've had no further Nav suggestions in my notifications since I changed this setting.

Thanks again alFR!!
Appreciate 1
alFR47.50