Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK How long for G20 shipping to UK from Mexico

09-08-2023, 07:10 AM   #23
Neovo88
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
My car is at code 160, built in August. According to Genius it is due on w/c 23 rd October but looking at the schedules this looks unlikely now?
It may change to 165. Niagara is estimated to Veracruz on the 23rd September. Got a few weeks for it to update before it arrives at port.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2023, 02:09 PM   #24
supest
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovo88 View Post
Your lucky car being built recently and assigned a boat. They done a good effort to clear the backlog.

My understanding the car will go to Southampton first, Bremerhaven is the final stop. Looking at the shipping schedules.

Once the car has been loaded and on the move, the status will change to 195.

160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival at destination port
Lucky, but not lucky enough. When I placed an order for the car, I mentioned to the dealership that I may be going away for a few months due to a work trip. That likelihood has now become a certainty and I will be out of the country from mid Oct until mid Dec. As the dealership knew that this was a possibility, they are happy to keep the car with them until I'm back towards the end of the year.

Although I'm happy that the dealership has no issues with keeping the car, I can't help but think if there's any downside in leaving the car with them. I imagine that the car is securely stowed and kept away from their normal operations but I'm not certain.

I can ask someone to pick the car up on my behalf, but that will mean I'll lose out on the car-buying experience.

Any thoughts/ insights?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 02:25 AM   #25
boristhebold
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320D M SPORTS TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by supest View Post
Lucky, but not lucky enough. When I placed an order for the car, I mentioned to the dealership that I may be going away for a few months due to a work trip. That likelihood has now become a certainty and I will be out of the country from mid Oct until mid Dec. As the dealership knew that this was a possibility, they are happy to keep the car with them until I'm back towards the end of the year.

Although I'm happy that the dealership has no issues with keeping the car, I can't help but think if there's any downside in leaving the car with them. I imagine that the car is securely stowed and kept away from their normal operations but I'm not certain.

I can ask someone to pick the car up on my behalf, but that will mean I'll lose out on the car-buying experience.

Any thoughts/ insights?
If they are a good dealership then all should be ok, if you have time ask to see where it will be stored then at least you will know whether it will be safe or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #26
supest
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
If they are a good dealership then all should be ok, if you have time ask to see where it will be stored then at least you will know whether it will be safe or not.
It's with Sytner. I've had conflicted views. Some say it'll be sitting outside on the forecourt as they won't have space anywhere indoors. Sytner said it'll be secured in their after sales facility, whatever that means?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 01:41 PM   #27
Robstokie1974
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

I’m in the same situation, built August, due at dealer 23 Oct so let’s see
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 02:25 AM   #28
boristhebold
Private
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by supest View Post
It's with Sytner. I've had conflicted views. Some say it'll be sitting outside on the forecourt as they won't have space anywhere indoors. Sytner said it'll be secured in their after sales facility, whatever that means?
It probably means some compound away from the dealership and from comments on this forum about the Sytner Group I wouldn't be surprised if its a field/yard on a farm !!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 03:04 PM   #29
supest
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
It probably means some compound away from the dealership and from comments on this forum about the Sytner Group I wouldn't be surprised if its a field/yard on a farm !!
Thanks for the info. I'll ask where it'll be parked. You reckon it's just better to get it picked up?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 02:13 AM   #30
boristhebold
Private
Rep

If you are not satisfied with their response or the location of the "compound" when yo go to see it then I would suggest picking it up , the only downside ( apart from the experience of picking up a new car ) is paying for the road tax whilst its not being used. But the adage is better to be safe than sorry.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2023, 02:15 AM   #31
CliveM340i
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbost View Post
Well I won't get too excited then! Really wish I went Audi now, no car is worth a 13 / 14 month delay!
A friend of mine has been waiting 22 months for his RS3 lease car.

Do agree with you 13/14 months isn't right for you to wait.

Think a lot of car companies are having issues with parts.
Partly to do with Covid as well as the war in Ukraine.
Appreciate 1
asbost19.50
      09-13-2023, 06:20 AM   #32
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveM340i View Post

Parts issue is one thing but the problem I have is the car has been built and sat waiting ready to be shipped since start of June. I have an ETA of week commencing 6th November which is 5 months after the car was built, that's not acceptable under any circumstances and has nothing to do with Covid, Ukraine or parts, it's about crap logistics by BMW.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 03:50 PM   #33
asbost
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Parts issue is one thing but the problem I have is the car has been built and sat waiting ready to be shipped since start of June. I have an ETA of week commencing 6th November which is 5 months after the car was built, that's not acceptable under any circumstances and has nothing to do with Covid, Ukraine or parts, it's about crap logistics by BMW.
Yeah, I've been told similar. I'm sure my car was built May / June but keep being fobbed off with 'delivery to dealership issues from manufacturer' I've been told it's due to arrive around the 3rd October into dealership but I will be VERY surprised if that;s the case.

Merry Christmas LOL
Appreciate 1
Keith_C179.00
      09-13-2023, 03:55 PM   #34
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveM340i View Post

22 months?? Nope, I get that it's an RS3 and worth the wait for some but I couldn't wait that time. My problem with that is, if your friend was a 'paying customer' and not a lease / company car would they be waiting that amount of time? No, I don't think they would, I certainly wouldn't.

I'm 100% convinced my build slot was given away in March to a desperate customer thus creating another 5 month delay for me due to my car being a 'company car' but hey ho,, beggars cant be choosers and all that I suppose!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 04:27 PM   #35
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbost View Post
22 months?? Nope, I get that it's an RS3 and worth the wait for some but I couldn't wait that time. My problem with that is, if your friend was a 'paying customer' and not a lease / company car would they be waiting that amount of time? No, I don't think they would, I certainly wouldn't.

I'm 100% convinced my build slot was given away in March to a desperate customer thus creating another 5 month delay for me due to my car being a 'company car' but hey ho,, beggars cant be choosers and all that I suppose!!
Not intending to hijack the subject of this thread but an interesting point became apparent recently which may or may not have a bearing on this thread but it does seem that 'private buyers' tend to get preference over 'company car' purchases.

I used to think that BMW were just being like any other brand seller and look to volume of sales but an interesting discussion I had recently with trusted employees of my local dealership suggested that BMW dealers are more concerned with keeping existing customers rather than looking to just getting better sales figures. An interesting concept I thought? Judging by the experiences of some on this forum I'm not entirely convinced although it could go some way to explain the delays some are experiencing.
Appreciate 1
asbost19.50
      09-13-2023, 06:40 PM   #36
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Not intending to hijack the subject of this thread but an interesting point became apparent recently which may or may not have a bearing on this thread but it does seem that 'private buyers' tend to get preference over 'company car' purchases.

I used to think that BMW were just being like any other brand seller and look to volume of sales but an interesting discussion I had recently with trusted employees of my local dealership suggested that BMW dealers are more concerned with keeping existing customers rather than looking to just getting better sales figures. An interesting concept I thought? Judging by the experiences of some on this forum I'm not entirely convinced although it could go some way to explain the delays some are experiencing.
It's a good point mate and yes maybe some paranoia sets in when you are leasing or a company car driver but my experience this time around has been woeful.

I've had company cars for over 20 years and I've used companies such as Fulton Network, Lease Plan and Alphabet. With all but three cars I've insisted the lease company are to deal with a local fleet manager that I had choosen, that way I could get regular updates ect. The longest I've had to wait was 6 months. I didn't this time as we changed supplier and this was something they didn't do!

Interestingly enough BMW own the Alphabet group that we used previously and I always wonder if my company had went through them would I still be waiting 14 months for a car? We changed supplier from Alphabet to another company who don't seem that interested in these delays and it's a case of 'it is what it is I'm afraid' attitude.

I don't care what anyone says, a private buyer would not be waiting 14 months for a 330e or would be willing to wait that long. After the 4th email informing you if another significant delay it does get to you.....but lesson learned as my company have already raised a red flag about they way this company operates.

Rant over and many thanks for your input mate, really appreciate it!
Appreciate 1
bmnut813.50
      09-17-2023, 11:32 PM   #37
chrisnoy
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e 2020

Quote:
My car is at code 160, built in August. According to Genius it is due on w/c 23 rd October but looking at the schedules this looks unlikely now?
Just checked again today, still 160. Not looking good for the 23rd sailing. Delay will cost me as my present car needs tax, runs out warranty, servicing, MOT. etc etc and will go down in value.
May have to cancel.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 04:43 AM   #38
chrisnoy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Just checked again today, still 160. Not looking good for the 23rd sailing. Delay will cost me as my present car needs tax, runs out warranty, servicing, MOT. etc etc and will go down in value.
May have to cancel.
Apparently, dealerships have been told BMW will offer a goodwill payment of 200 pounds for delayed orders. Nothing compared to what it will cost me .....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 04:53 AM   #39
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Apparently, dealerships have been told BMW will offer a goodwill payment of 200 pounds for delayed orders. Nothing compared to what it will cost me .....
My part ex has lost a significant amount. Where did you hear about that information?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 05:14 AM   #40
chrisnoy
Private
Rep

Quote:
My part ex has lost a significant amount. Where did you hear about that information?
Would advise you to contact your dealer. Also, any car with a code of 160 will not be given an ETA from now on, which doesn't help me or you but more concerning means BMW don't have any idea of when they may be delivered....shocking.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 05:27 AM   #41
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Would advise you to contact your dealer. Also, any car with a code of 160 will not be given an ETA from now on, which doesn't help me or you but more concerning means BMW don't have any idea of when they may be delivered....shocking.
I’ll drop them an email been pushing for some compensation to off set my value of my car.

Thankfully mine is still 165, mine was built in June shows how much of a backlog there is.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 06:06 AM   #42
chrisnoy
Private
Rep

Quote:
I’ll drop them an email been pushing for some compensation to off set my value of my car.

Thankfully mine is still 165, mine was built in June shows how much of a backlog there is.
Is yours a 330e?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 06:09 AM   #43
Neovo88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Is yours a 330e?
A M340i
Appreciate 0