Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Seahawks Cheaters?

09-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #45
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I see what you did there
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 08:02 AM   #46
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Yea Super Bowls are rarely blowouts which should be expected from the two best teams any given season. I don't dwell on the Giants losses they were a solid well rounded team those years. True it could be worse being a Jets fan and watching your team cut a massive game check to Revis and not getting much in return
a 9-7 team should not be in the playoffs i wouldn't say that 2011 giants team was well rounded
      09-22-2016, 09:07 AM   #47
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
a 9-7 team should not be in the playoffs i wouldn't say that 2011 giants team was well rounded
By well rounded I mean they didn't dominate any one side of the ball. They didn't stand out on offense or defense but were decent and solid enough on both sides. I'm only judging by that Super Bowl I didn't pay them any mind during that regular season
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #48
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
They didn't stand out on offense or defense
that is called being mediocre
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #49
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

As somebody who lived in Seattle for a nearly a decade I can tell you first hand that very few people cared about them before 2012! Complete bandwagon fanbase in a city that historically never cared much for sports. Forbes found that the Seattle market was 26th in NFL viewership (of 32 NFL cities) and bottom 10 in social media followers before 2012. Pete the Cheat and his ring of d*ckhead loudmouth players, along with the fake fans, were an immediate turnoff for me. Only Wilson is a class act, albeit a media attention wh*re.

I wasn't originally from Seattle so I stuck by my crappy hometown team and always will, although I am bandwagoning for the Pats a bit this year b/c (a) my team sucks again and (b) I want to see the great Tom Brady own the haters.
Appreciate 1
larryn2145.50
      09-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #50
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As somebody who lived in Seattle for a nearly a decade I can tell you first hand that very few people cared about them before 2012! Complete bandwagon fanbase in a city that historically never cared much for sports. Forbes found that the Seattle market was 26th in NFL viewership (of 32 NFL cities) and bottom 10 in social media followers before 2012. Pete the Cheat and his ring of d*ckhead loudmouth players, along with the fake fans, were an immediate turnoff for me. Only Wilson is a class act, albeit a media attention wh*re.

I wasn't originally from Seattle so I stuck by my crappy hometown team and always will, although I am bandwagoning for the Pats a bit this year b/c (a) my team sucks again and (b) I want to see the great Tom Brady own the haters.
I'm going to guess...Browns fan?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 10:26 PM   #51
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter
OP you realize this has nothing to do with "cheating" it's more of a protection thing. Do you even understand what the penalties are for? This just goes to show that you're looking to "pick a fight" rather than actually having an issue with a violation. Pretty sure that deflating balls to win a game is a much bigger violation that being passionate and working a bit too hard in the off-season. Which is a PLAYERS choice, I highly doubt Pete voices to intentionally have his players violate regulations.
Cheating is cheating, the league fines them for a reason
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 10:48 PM   #52
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Yes to slap them on the wrist for bs and make some money
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 11:31 PM   #53
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
Cheating...lol. How is this considered cheating?

He violated a rule to protect against concussions and injuries. If fact violating this rule would increase the chances of season ending injuries to his own players.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 12:05 AM   #54
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

If everybody else is required to have the equivalent of touch football during minicamps, and the Hawks are not, there is a competitive advantage factor on top of the player safety issue. The fact that they were penalized just two seasons ago for the exact same rule infraction warrants the penalty.

Also, knowingly and repeatedly breaking the same rule that could give a competitve advantage is the textbook definition of cheating. Granted, it might be minor, but who knows for sure? (it certainly isn't helping them, looking at thier gameplay)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 12:34 AM   #55
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Also, knowingly and repeatedly breaking the same rule that could give a competitve advantage is the textbook definition of cheating.
It could be considered a disadvantage, by creating more chances of injuries to his players.

Calling this cheating is laughable. Should they be fined and punished...yes, players safety is key here.

Taping opponents practices and deflating footballs(alledgedly)...now that is cheating.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 12:44 AM   #56
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

So the Hawks were cheaters when they were also taping practices?

I think you are blinded into thinking that knowingly and repeatedly breaking rules that could give a competitive advantage is not cheating. Having extra full contact practices that nobody else is allowed to have is not a minicamp. Imagine if Ferrari had more practice sessions at Spa than the other teams.

Btw, I could say anything is alleged. We all know that was BS.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:23 AM   #57
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
We're the Jets cheating when they were taping the Patriots sidelines during the game in 2006?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:43 AM   #58
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
Cheating...lol. How is this considered cheating?

He violated a rule to protect against concussions and injuries. If fact violating this rule would increase the chances of season ending injuries to his own players.
The rule restricting excessive on-field physical contact during OTAs was put in place to enhance player safety by limiting contact during offseason workouts as well as an attempt to prevent teams from gaining a competitive advantage during summer months.

"Gaining advantage" same as all Brady haters saying on deflated balls. The league had no evidense on Brady but this training thing does.

To be honest I have no problem with this...Im just doing what everyone else was doing during deflategate. Typicall Pats fan right?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 08:35 AM   #59
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

such much ignorance in here. hahaha
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #60
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Off topic
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #61
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
I just find it hilarious that a pats fan is the one who starts a "cheating" thread .

Takes one to know one, right bud?
      09-25-2016, 06:18 PM   #62
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls
I just find it hilarious that a pats fan is the one who starts a "cheating" thread .

That's just hater talk
      09-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #63
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Thought this was funny to show up today on Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexreim.../#19562775387f
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #64
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

To be fair, the patriots have only 1 real infraction, filming from the wrong location, to pete's 3 offseason practice infractions.

but carry on.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #65
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Quote:

This is the biggest pile of bullshit in this thread. Clearly you had your head up your *arse for "Nearly a decade" while living here. Every single game has been sold out since Allen bought the team in the late 90's. Superbowl 2005?! What you and other clueless people don't get is that the Fan base of the Seahawks have always been local, Northwest, not nationwide like the Cowboys or Steelers etc.. This accounts for a lower viewership throughout the country but that has nothing to do with the fans here. As their success has become more consistent you have fans popping out of the woodwork around the country. THAT IS NEW and I'm sure very annoying. But as a season ticket holder for "Nearly a Decade" and a fan for over 30 years, I can attest first hand that your presumption, though a popular narrative, is completely wrong.

As for the "cheating"? Please, it's not like they tampered with another team or a game! They got fined for too much physical contact during OTA's, for the 2nd time. I go to a couple practices a year and they are intense. Several fights broke out this and every year, it's just how they practice. Carol tried to reign them in this year when it got too physical by ordering helmet removed but reportedly they were still hitting each other. If anything it's a coaching failure in controlling the team.

You can call into question their the holds/hand checking down the field by Sherman and co. but to lump this violation in with the established Cheaters who attempt to impact games outcome on an Administrative/Coaching level is asinine.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #66
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith.
Quote:

This is the biggest pile of bullshit in this thread. Clearly you had your head up your *arse for "Nearly a decade" while living here. Every single game has been sold out since Allen bought the team in the late 90's. Superbowl 2005?! What you and other clueless people don't get is that the Fan base of the Seahawks have always been local, Northwest, not nationwide like the Cowboys or Steelers etc.. This accounts for a lower viewership throughout the country but that has nothing to do with the fans here. As their success has become more consistent you have fans popping out of the woodwork around the country. THAT IS NEW and I'm sure very annoying. But as a season ticket holder for "Nearly a Decade" and a fan for over 30 years, I can attest first hand that your presumption, though a popular narrative, is completely wrong.

As for the "cheating"? Please, it's not like they tampered with another team or a game! They got fined for too much physical contact during OTA's, for the 2nd time. I go to a couple practices a year and they are intense. Several fights broke out this and every year, it's just how they practice. Carol tried to reign them in this year when it got too physical by ordering helmet removed but reportedly they were still hitting each other. If anything it's a coaching failure in controlling the team.

You can call into question their the holds/hand checking down the field by Sherman and co. but to lump this violation in with the established Cheaters who attempt to impact games outcome on an Administrative/Coaching level is asinine.
Spoken like a true Seattleite- dropping the mic, and as someone who was born (1988) and raised in Seattle - can attest to every word you just said.

I salute you, brother.