Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Heading to golf at Pinehurst

09-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Thumbs up Heading to golf at Pinehurst

Im heading to North Carolina for a 5 day BMW golf event where we get to play 3 of the pinehurst courses (#2 should be part of the event I believe) Never been was wondering if any of you have and if you have and had any insight about the surrounding area as far as food venues etc..I would appreciate it! I believe my hotel is right next to the resort would have to look at the info a little more closely.

Im super excited, as a avid golfer getting the chance to play Pinehurst is an amazing opportunity. Its one of the top 5 courses in the US and a lot of PGA legends favorite place. So for me it will be pretty cool to walk the steps and see how I play out there given the history of the location.

Any insight about the course, the location, etc.. would appreciate it. ill be there Oct 5-9

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

"Golf? Nixon plays golf."
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoohooSoCal View Post
"Golf? Nixon plays golf."
yes caddy shack was a great movie. Not sure how your post helps me? Did you have any insight that could help me out for the location?

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

I play golf, also. Have a great trip and never, ever lay up...you're at Pinehurst for crying out loud.

You're one hour from Raleigh-Durham plus you are in the mecca of American golf that caters to tourists non-stop. I doubt you'll have any difficulty with entertainment, food, shopping, etc. in Pinehurst and the surrounding area.

Last edited by WoohooSoCal; 09-10-2016 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-10-2016, 06:13 AM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoohooSoCal View Post
I play golf, also. Have a great trip and never, ever lay up...you're at Pinehurst for crying out loud.

You're one hour from Raleigh-Durham plus you are in the a mecca of American golf that caters to tourists non-stop. I doubt you'll have any difficulty with entertainment, food, shopping, etc. in Pinehurst and the surrounding area.
Def going to play aggressive! Thanks for the insight can't wait to get out there and hopefully play well!

Appreciate 1
      09-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Went to Pinehurst in July for a week. Stayed at the Carolina, which was very nice. Great buffet breakfast each morning prior to golf, but you have to wear slacks and closed toe shoes to dinner. The restaurant at the Holly, 1895 Grill, is better, be sure to eat there, but you will need reservations. The courses are phenomenal. I played #8, #2, #4, and #9. Walked #2 with a caddy. Great golf course, and I got goose bumps thinking about everyone who had walked those fairways before me. There is a very nice wine shop in Southern Pines, about five minutes away. Our days consisted of breakfast together, then the girls went to the spa and the guys to the course. We ate lunch whereever, then met again in the afternoon for relaxation in the rockers on the front porch of the Carolina ( usually with wine). Then walked to dinner, and repeat the porch. Next day, do it again. What a great week! Didn't even use my car after I went to the wine shop, the village shuttles take you whever you need to go, and they will even pick you up in Raleigh at the airport. Hope you have as good a time as we did.

BTW - you will not lose a ball on #2, but you may not like where you find it!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Went to Pinehurst in July for a week. Stayed at the Carolina, which was very nice. Great buffet breakfast each morning prior to golf, but you have to wear slacks and closed toe shoes to dinner. The restaurant at the Holly, 1895 Grill, is better, be sure to eat there, but you will need reservations. The courses are phenomenal. I played #8, #2, #4, and #9. Walked #2 with a caddy. Great golf course, and I got goose bumps thinking about everyone who had walked those fairways before me. There is a very nice wine shop in Southern Pines, about five minutes away. Our days consisted of breakfast together, then the girls went to the spa and the guys to the course. We ate lunch whereever, then met again in the afternoon for relaxation in the rockers on the front porch of the Carolina ( usually with wine). Then walked to dinner, and repeat the porch. Next day, do it again. What a great week! Didn't even use my car after I went to the wine shop, the village shuttles take you whever you need to go, and they will even pick you up in Raleigh at the airport. Hope you have as good a time as we did.

BTW - you will not lose a ball on #2, but you may not like where you find it!
Awesome! sounds like its going to be a epic place. I am staying at the Holly so ill make sure to eat at the restaurant a few times while I'm there. Great to hear there is a village shuttle, I also am sure BMW will have cars and or drivers for us when we are there but good to know the shuttle option is there as well.

I was thinking the same thing about the who's who when I play #2. ITs def going to be a very special moment for me and I plan to try and take it in as much as I can when Im there.

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep

#8 was probably the most beautiful, from a golf perspective, although #9, which is a Nicklaus design, was a very close second. #2 is scenic, but in a very rustic way. It is so legendary, however, it makes up for it. There are two greens on the front nine which are right in front of Donald Ross's residence, and he tinkered with them all the time. They are a real putting challenge. There is also a neat little par 3 putting course set up on a very undulating green near the clubhouse which services #1-5. It's called Thistle Dhu. Be sure and try it. It is a wonderful place, and I can't wait to go back for more. Have a great time!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
#8 was probably the most beautiful, from a golf perspective, although #9, which is a Nicklaus design, was a very close second. #2 is scenic, but in a very rustic way. It is so legendary, however, it makes up for it. There are two greens on the front nine which are right in front of Donald Ross's residence, and he tinkered with them all the time. They are a real putting challenge. There is also a neat little par 3 putting course set up on a very undulating green near the clubhouse which services #1-5. It's called Thistle Dhu. Be sure and try it. It is a wonderful place, and I can't wait to go back for more. Have a great time!
Awesome! Can't wait. I like the sounds of a par 3 putting course! I can't wait till I'm out there. Just hope the weather is nice and there isn't any rain

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #10
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

will be there as well for the BMW Golf Cup. It will be my 5th time playing for the dealership. Feel free to PM if you have questions.

The format this year is a bit different and should create better competition.

Pinehurst is a really AWESOME place and BMW/ Octagon put together a GREAT event.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
will be there as well for the BMW Golf Cup. It will be my 5th time playing for the dealership. Feel free to PM if you have questions.

The format this year is a bit different and should create better competition.

Pinehurst is a really AWESOME place and BMW/ Octagon put together a GREAT event.
awesome ill look forward to meeting you. I always had something going so I wasn't able to attend so we always sent one of the guys but this year I'm free so I'm looking forward to playing. Ill see you there

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #12
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
awesome ill look forward to meeting you. I always had something going so I wasn't able to attend so we always sent one of the guys but this year I'm free so I'm looking forward to playing. Ill see you there
AWESOME! looking forward to it. Maybe I can learn some "swing tips" from you
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-24-2016, 05:07 PM   #13
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
AWESOME! looking forward to it. Maybe I can learn some "swing tips" from you
lol I just want to break 100!

Appreciate 1
      09-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #14
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
lol I just want to break 100!
May come down to putting. Greens on #8 when I was there were running 13! I was in the 80's except for my 91 on #2. Best was 84 on #9. They are challenging courses, to be sure. Mostly, have fun!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      09-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #15
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
May come down to putting. Greens on #8 when I was there were running 13! I was in the 80's except for my 91 on #2. Best was 84 on #9. They are challenging courses, to be sure. Mostly, have fun!
nice! it looks like rain all 4 days I'm there
lets hope it passes

the greens is what I am gathering from video are the toughest part. Im looking forward to tackling them. Im going in with no expectation but to just soak it in and have fun

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #16
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

if there are cheerleaders, blind-side blitzes and de-fense chants, then I think I can get into watching golf....