Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Seahawks Cheaters?

09-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #23
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
its a bigger violation? come on. People chose to blow the deflated ball situation out of proportion because it was the patriots, Tom Brady and bill belichick.
Now the best QB ever to play the game has to sit home and miss 25% of the season becuase rodger and cronnes needed to show they handle the biggest star like they would Ray Rice. It was a joke and the NFL head office is a joke.
Haha now that my friends is a stretch.
      09-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #24
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
By your logic they could also be 6-0 (I'll assume u forgot NE-CHI and NE-GB Super Bowls) since they lost by 3 and 4 pts to the Giants
Was only comparing the Brady era but correct, they could be 6-0. Bottom line is they aren't. We move on from tough losses, lousy seasons and hope for the best. Things could be worse as I could have been a Jets fan
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #25
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
its a bigger violation? come on. People chose to blow the deflated ball situation out of proportion because it was the patriots, Tom Brady and bill belichick.
Now the best QB ever to play the game has to sit home and miss 25% of the season becuase rodger and cronnes needed to show they handle the biggest star like they would Ray Rice. It was a joke and the NFL head office is a joke.
A violation is a violation man. When it comes to stuff like this, I operate on a common sense law, rather than hard evidence. Clearly you have strong feelings about it so I won't try to justify anything. You can side against the NFL, might as well stop watching football if you don't agree with them.

I have played professional soccer and I can with 100% certainty can tell you when a ball is over or under-inflated to regulation spec. Whether you choose to believe rules or not, it's up to you. So what's legal then? if 1.5lbs is okay is 2lbs okay? is 2 is okay then is 2.3 okay? if 2.3 is okay then shall we just rouns it up to 3? And so on... You have to draw a line somewhere.

If you choose to be sour about it, that's fine. Every team goes through politics, the ones who get picked out are the ones who are successful in the game. If the Titans were caught using deflated balls last year it would have probably been handled behind closed doors first. Since it was the Pats, who also coincidentally won the division from that game, hello spotlight. Cheers bro, enjoy some football!

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #26
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
A violation is a violation man. When it comes to stuff like this, I operate on a common sense law, rather than hard evidence. Clearly you have strong feelings about it so I won't try to justify anything. You can side against the NFL, might as well stop watching football if you don't agree with them.

I have played professional soccer and I can with 100% certainty can tell you when a ball is over or under-inflated to regulation spec. Whether you choose to believe rules or not, it's up to you. So what's legal then? if 1.5lbs is okay is 2lbs okay? is 2 is okay then is 2.3 okay? if 2.3 is okay then shall we just rouns it up to 3? And so on... You have to draw a line somewhere.

If you choose to be sour about it, that's fine. Every team goes through politics, the ones who get picked out are the ones who are successful in the game. If the Titans were caught using deflated balls last year it would have probably been handled behind closed doors first. Since it was the Pats, who also coincidentally won the division from that game, hello spotlight. Cheers bro, enjoy some football!
lol wut?

there is no evidence that a violation even occurred, and it has been scientifically proven that the lower PSI could have been due to the environment and not someone deflating the ball.

And Panthers and Vikings were caught, actually caught during a game, tampering with game balls and were told "Dont do that again".

Brady wasnt suspended for ball tampering either, Goodell suspended him for conduct detrimental to the league. This is a judgement call suspension that Goodell can make for whatever reason he wants, per the CBA.

But tell me again how it isnt Goodell just trying to flex his muscles.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #27
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
lol wut?

there is no evidence that a violation even occurred, and it has been scientifically proven that the lower PSI could have been due to the environment and not someone deflating the ball.

And Panthers and Vikings were caught, actually caught during a game, tampering with game balls and were told "Dont do that again".

Brady wasnt suspended for ball tampering either, Goodell suspended him for conduct detrimental to the league. This is a judgement call suspension that Goodell can make for whatever reason he wants, per the CBA.

But tell me again how it isnt Goodell just trying to flex his muscles.
Okay you're right and the NFL is 100% wrong. Maybe stop watching football if you feel that strongly about it? Or if you want to be a realist, and see that the pats were caught cheating again, maybe not red handed, but still caught. Let's say you were tracking your car in in stock class, and won the race. Then after the race somebody found out that you had a supercharger (or any illegal addon for the class) and your argument was "hey i don't know how that got on there, and you didn't see me do it so therefore you have no proof". Do you just say, well they couldn't prove that our team installed it so we're not guilty. The NFL isn't US Court circuit, there are judgment calls made based on facts rather than red-handed proof. If this isn't something you can deal with, may as well stop watching football because it's going to keep happening. Just my 2 cents, you obviously disagree.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 03:19 PM   #28
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Okay you're right and the NFL is 100% wrong. Maybe stop watching football if you feel that strongly about it? Or if you want to be a realist, and see that the pats were caught cheating again, maybe not red handed, but still caught. Let's say you were tracking your car in in stock class, and won the race. Then after the race somebody found out that you had a supercharger (or any illegal addon for the class) and your argument was "hey i don't know how that got on there, and you didn't see me do it so therefore you have no proof". Do you just say, well they couldn't prove that our team installed it so we're not guilty. The NFL isn't US Court circuit, there are judgment calls made based on facts rather than red-handed proof. If this isn't something you can deal with, may as well stop watching football because it's going to keep happening. Just my 2 cents, you obviously disagree.
ill go ahead and type this as simply as i can...

they were not caught. there was no evidence that they tampered with the balls. of the 2 gauges that were used to test the balls, 1 showed lower than the other gauge, which put the balls out of regulation. Also, the colts balls were also under regulation psi. In the Wells report, wells decided that the higher reading gauge was used on the Pats balls and the lower reading gauge on the Colts balls, despite what the ref said in his statement.

Maybe you dont understand the case, or havent done the research, and just like to read headlines. I dont know how well educated you are, but if you are curious, PM me and ive done a lot of research on this i can share.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #29
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Was only comparing the Brady era but correct, they could be 6-0. Bottom line is they aren't. We move on from tough losses, lousy seasons and hope for the best. Things could be worse as I could have been a Jets fan
Yea Super Bowls are rarely blowouts which should be expected from the two best teams any given season. I don't dwell on the Giants losses they were a solid well rounded team those years. True it could be worse being a Jets fan and watching your team cut a massive game check to Revis and not getting much in return
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #30
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:

they were not caught. there was no evidence that they tampered with the balls. of the 2 gauges that were used to test the balls, 1 showed lower than the other gauge, which put the balls out of regulation. Also, the colts balls were also under regulation psi. In the Wells report, wells decided that the higher reading gauge was used on the Pats balls and the lower reading gauge on the Colts balls, despite what the ref said in his statement.

Maybe you dont understand the case, or havent done the research, and just like to read headlines. I dont know how well educated you are, but if you are curious, PM me and ive done a lot of research on this i can share.
yup.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #31
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Masters in finance, well educated. While you're sitting here questioning my education level maybe you should learn what an apostrophe is, and go edit your post. I don't just read the headlines, if you want to start digging down low and start questioning my education level maybe it's you that should do some research instead of making up things to attack. I'm not sure why you would turn a football debate into a battle of scholastic achievement. Clearly you're hard-headed, it a judgment thing not a hard evidence thing at this point. But you're right the NFL just suspends one of the leading quarterbacks just for fun, better stop watching football...

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 07:03 PM   #32
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Masters in finance, well educated. While you're sitting here questioning my education level maybe you should learn what an apostrophe is, and go edit your post. I don't just read the headlines, if you want to start digging down low and start questioning my education level maybe it's you that should do some research instead of making up things to attack. I'm not sure why you would turn a football debate into a battle of scholastic achievement. Clearly you're hard-headed, it a judgment thing not a hard evidence thing at this point. But you're right the NFL just suspends one of the leading quarterbacks just for fun, better stop watching football...
Well educated on the subject. But nice try. Time for you to go get offended by something else and have to prove yourself again.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 09:31 PM   #33
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i love delusional fans like OP. their so stupid, funny. but not really.

how is this cheating?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #34
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i love delusional fans like OP. their so stupid, funny. but not really.

how is this cheating?
They're.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #35
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well educated on the subject. But nice try. Time for you to go get offended by something else and have to prove yourself again.
What a joke... I was the level-headed one, while you were the one crying about the NFL's decision making. By the dialog you write, and your post count it's easy to tell you love trolling the internet.

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 11:15 AM   #36
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

how is this cheating?
Because R Wilson patted a cheerleader on the booty and Ciara got jealous.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #37
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
the whole deflate gate was a witch hunt. anyone who followed the story knows this. it was not about deflated balls. if it was then people would of cared about the colts balls being under-inflated as well. I just like when the NFL leaked that 11 or 12 balls were under-inflated and then the reporter who they leaked it to never corrected his publication for 1.5 years until he came under severe heat for leaving false information out there. there is so much shit like this it's hilarious. NFL purposely leaking false information...and you wonder why someone wouldn't want to give them a phone. The phone which the investigators said they didn't need mind you.

Appreciate 1
csu872134.00
      09-21-2016, 12:14 PM   #38
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
the whole deflate gate was a witch hunt. anyone who followed the story knows this. it was not about deflated balls. if it was then people would of cared about the colts balls being under-inflated as well. I just like when the NFL leaked that 11 or 12 balls were under-inflated and then the reporter who they leaked it to never corrected his publication for 1.5 years until he came under severe heat for leaving false information out there. there is so much shit like this it's hilarious. NFL purposely leaking false information...and you wonder why someone wouldn't want to give them a phone. The phone which the investigators said they didn't need mind you.

It's also funny that the NFL is now going to install microchips into the balls as part of a "study" but conviniently the chips will not read air pressure. Any gas station is able to read air pressure with a $2 tool but a multibillion dollar company conviniently cannot incorporate old tech into and already implanted chip?
Appreciate 1
csu872134.00
      09-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #39
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Oh they are? Didn't hear about that. They put them in golf balls are are super accurate don't see why footballs don't have this so they can determine if the ball cross the plane for a 1st or touchdown, same with fieldgoal kicks. If air pressure was so important you think they would add it in.

I like how they never revealed the results of the air checks all of last year. You know that if it was in their favor they would have shouted to the rafters if they could disprove the ideal gas law.
Appreciate 1
csu872134.00
      09-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #40
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
What a joke... I was the level-headed one, while you were the one crying about the NFL's decision making. By the dialog you write, and your post count it's easy to tell you love trolling the internet.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #41
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Oh they are? Didn't hear about that. They put them in golf balls are are super accurate don't see why footballs don't have this so they can determine if the ball cross the plane for a 1st or touchdown, same with fieldgoal kicks. If air pressure was so important you think they would add it in.

I like how they never revealed the results of the air checks all of last year. You know that if it was in their favor they would have shouted to the rafters if they could disprove the ideal gas law.
Yea it came out before preseason. Here's one link

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ason-thursdays

And of course now comes the massive cover up. And convinient omission of information
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #42
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

so you don't want millionaires to work slightly harder to get better at there craft? got it.
      09-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #43
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
so you don't want millionaires to work slightly harder to get better at there craft? got it.
Crafts such as governing the NFL? Then yes
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #44
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Crafts such as governing the NFL? Then yes
I see what you did there