Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions First Look at Next Gen BMW 4 Series Convertible (G23) Prototype!

04-07-2020, 10:15 PM   #309
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giom View Post
Hi, I'm new to this community, been browsing over some comments quick, and it would seem the predominant view towards the new kidney grills are negative.

I'm loving the look, and is very excited about how it's going to look on the production car once on the road. Are there any other pro large kidney views here too?
I think ambivalent is probably the best you're gonna get.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #310
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The M440i Cabrio here is in a very advanced state of testing. Hence why the car's key details such as headlight and rear outlines, bumper sculpture etc has no false panels. The car is only camouflaged with the special film. So an artist can do and exact rendering because all details are now showing.
..Thanks Scott, egarly anticipating a full reveal of the 4 in all guises
Prelude (5MT) (1995)

Last edited by Frosty; 04-08-2020 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #311
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

This M440i Cabrio showcases the 20" option of wheels that are derived from the Coupe Concept for production viability.
Wait till you see them on the Coupe.
Attached Images

Colinv64012.00
duky1313.00
joca107.50
      04-19-2020, 01:55 AM   #312
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
This M440i Cabrio showcases the 20" option of wheels that are derived from the Coupe Concept for production viability.
Those are good looking wheels for this car, agreed.
Scott, off topic/forum but while you are here, can you hint which month the G30 LCI will be revealed? April or May?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 04:13 AM   #313
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Those are good looking wheels for this car, agreed.
Scott, off topic/forum but while you are here, can you hint which month the G30 LCI will be revealed? April or May?
On another forum he said the 5er LCI was being launched, "at the Brussels motor show in January". That never happened. Then, not long after that he said it would be launched "imminently". We're still waiting for it.

I would take what Scott has to say with a very large pinch of salt.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      04-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #314
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
On another forum he said the 5er LCI was being launched, "at the Brussels motor show in January". That never happened. Then, not long after that he said it would be launched "imminently". We're still waiting for it.

It seems Scott has more insider info than anyone else on these forums and provide much appreciated “leaks” frequently. Plans not made official and sometimes even official plans change. Covid-19 I’m sure is one factor that has caused some shuffling of production starts and launch plans. I’m not going hold Scott or anyone else responsible when leaks fail to materialize. It’s much better than nothing when Scott shares information.
Appreciate 2
330iToy71.00
Colinv64012.00
      04-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #315
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:

No I didn't. They were doing the preview which is what I disclosed in the conversation.
      04-19-2020, 05:39 PM   #316
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
I think it is interesting (maybe a bit disappointing) that the design group thinks 20s all around will look good on the new 4er, but the M3/M4 are stuck with the 19/20 f/r staggered look. If 20s all around works on the design language then the M siblings should at least have that optional.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      04-20-2020, 04:27 AM   #317
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It seems Scott has more insider info than anyone else on these forums and provide much appreciated “leaks” frequently.
No, he really doesn't. He's frequently wrong. The problem with Scott is that he doesn't like to admit when he doesn't know something, so rather than say "sorry, I just don't know", he'll make a guess which turns out to be wrong. We can all do that.

He also posted a few years ago on another forum that he was part of a secret "creative marketing" division at BMW and he posted on forums and leaked selected info in that role. We've since had it confirmed by VERY reliable sources at BMW that this role didn't exist and Scott was making it up. There never was a "creative marketing" department at BMW and he is just a fantasist.

ynguldyn is the best for inside info, by a mile.

Quote:
Plans not made official and sometimes even official plans change. Covid-19 I’m sure is one factor that has caused some shuffling of production starts and launch plans.
Nothing has changed with regards the 5er LCI launch as a result of Covid-19. Scott was wrong at the beginning of January.

I've lost count of the many times he's been completely wide of the mark, but some classics include:

* Saying the M5 would have a KERS button on the steering wheel.

* Saying the 7 Series would have a screen in front of the passenger.

* Saying the G30 5 Series would be launched by 9th July "at the latest". (It was launched 12th October).

Quote:
It’s much better than nothing when Scott shares information.
No, it's better to have NO information than false information.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 04:31 AM   #318
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No I didn't. They were doing the preview which is what I disclosed in the conversation.

You then went on to post...

Of course, Geneva never happened, but it's clear the release was not going to happen there, and nor was the LCI launch "imminent".
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      04-20-2020, 06:25 AM   #319
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
It seems Scott has more insider info than anyone else on these forums and provide much appreciated “leaks” frequently.
No, he really doesn't. He's frequently wrong. The problem with Scott is that he doesn't like to admit when he doesn't know something, so rather than say "sorry, I just don't know", he'll make a guess which turns out to be wrong. We can all do that.

He also posted a few years ago on another forum that he was part of a secret "creative marketing" division at BMW and he posted on forums and leaked selected info in that role. We've since had it confirmed by VERY reliable sources at BMW that this role didn't exist and Scott was making it up. There never was a "creative marketing" department at BMW and he is just a fantasist.

ynguldyn is the best for inside info, by a mile.

Quote:
Plans not made official and sometimes even official plans change. Covid-19 I’m sure is one factor that has caused some shuffling of production starts and launch plans.
Nothing has changed with regards the 5er LCI launch as a result of Covid-19. Scott was wrong at the beginning of January.

I've lost count of the many times he's been completely wide of the mark, but some classics include:

* Saying the M5 would have a KERS button on the steering wheel.

* Saying the 7 Series would have a screen in front of the passenger.

* Saying the G30 5 Series would be launched by 9th July "at the latest". (It was launched 12th October).

Quote:
It’s much better than nothing when Scott shares information.
No, it's better to have NO information than false information.
I've read accounts of him admitting he was wrong or that things changed. He's allowed to be wrong sometimes, right?!?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 06:49 AM   #320
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I've read accounts of him admitting he was wrong or that things changed. He's allowed to be wrong sometimes, right?!?
Yes, he's allowed to be wrong. However, there is a big difference between "things changing" compared to "things were never known in the first place".

If you look at my initial post yesterday, it was to warn someone SPECIFICALLY asking about the G30 LCI. I was pointing out that Scott has previously said the G30 LCI would be "at the Brussels motor show in January", then "at Geneva in March", and then finally it would be launched "imminently". Not a single prediction turned out to be true. It still hasn't been launched and we're now in the second half of April.

Passenger screens on the 7er. M5 with KERS. 5er G30 being launched on 9th July (turned out to be 12th October). He's long been outed as a fantasist. If you want to keep defending someone who has even claimed to have worked for a special "creative marketing" department at BMW, even though no such department has ever existed, then carry on. I'd say you're being extremely gullible.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      04-20-2020, 06:59 AM   #321
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, he's allowed to be wrong. However, there is a big difference between "things changing" compared to "things were never known in the first place".

If you look at my initial post yesterday, it was to warn someone SPECIFICALLY asking about the G30 LCI. I was pointing out that Scott has previously said the G30 LCI would be "at the Brussels motor show in January", then "at Geneva in March", and then finally it would be launched "imminently". Not a single prediction turned out to be true. It still hasn't been launched and we're now in the second half of April.

Passenger screens on the 7er. M5 with KERS. 5er G30 being launched on 9th July (turned out to be 12th October). He's long been outed as a fantasist. If you want to keep defending someone who has even claimed to have worked for a special "creative marketing" department at BMW, even though no such department has ever existed, then carry on. I'd say you're being extremely gullible.
I understand your point of contention, but have you given him credit for the times he has been right? I'm a curious neutral party.
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      04-20-2020, 09:48 AM   #322
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I understand your point of contention, but have you given him credit for the times he has been right? I'm a curious neutral party.
I've genuinely no idea. It's been a long time since I've taken him seriously. What I will say is that he comes on various forums and provides info, not because he's doing anybody a favour, but he because he LOVES the attention. He's been doing this for at least the last 12 years. Why else would he make stuff up about being part of some separate "creative marketing" division at BMW? He's just somebody on the internet who got a bit carried away with the attention he could create when he "leaked" bits of info. I don't doubt he had SOME link to BMW, but he didn't know anywhere near as much as people make out. A lot of his "leaks" were very cryptic and open to interpretation. He rarely said anything that couldn't be guessed to a large degree, and when he did try to be more accurate, such as naming specific days things would be revealed, he was WAY wide of the mark, such as saying the G30 5er would be launched by 9th July 2016, and it was 12th October it was launched.

yguldyn on here is a genuine fountain of knowledge of BMW. Not Scott.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24809.50
stein_325i25051.00
      04-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #323
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've genuinely no idea. It's been a long time since I've taken him seriously. What I will say is that he comes on various forums and provides info, not because he's doing anybody a favour, but he because he LOVES the attention. He's been doing this for at least the last 12 years. Why else would he make stuff up about being part of some separate "creative marketing" division at BMW? He's just somebody on the internet who got a bit carried away with the attention he could create when he "leaked" bits of info. I don't doubt he had SOME link to BMW, but he didn't know anywhere near as much as people make out. A lot of his "leaks" were very cryptic and open to interpretation. He rarely said anything that couldn't be guessed to a large degree, and when he did try to be more accurate, such as naming specific days things would be revealed, he was WAY wide of the mark, such as saying the G30 5er would be launched by 9th July 2016, and it was 12th October it was launched.

yguldyn on here is a genuine fountain of knowledge of BMW. Not Scott.
Thanks for the post. I appreciate the well articulated response.
Appreciate 1
mofomat790.00
      04-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #324
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:

So, I didn't know any of this stuff about the creative marketing department previously.

I'll say this though - even my company was, as far back as February, cancelling or discussing cancelling participation in events scheduled for April, May, and July. We were among the first to pull out of some of these events, which later ended up cancelled due to the virus. We didn't tell anyone except the organizers, there was no public announcement of us pulling out. And the organizers maintained the event was still going on with full participation until they were forced to shut down and let everyone know it was cancelled by city or county mandate and such.

Thanks for shedding light on the overall situation though. Noted for future reference.
Appreciate 1
mofomat790.00
      04-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #325
solstice
Major General
Rep

So after all that, Scott what is your take on the G30 LCI reveal, April or May?
How better to take advantage of the $2 a gallon gas than an M5C LCI
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #326
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

May 26, 2020 -- G23 4 Series Convertible on the Nurburgring.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3478.50
      05-26-2020, 01:59 PM   #327
solstice
Major General
Rep

Aptly tuned for a vert it looks. Lots of body roll and diving under breaking. Luckily Galaxies away from the G8X cars in their ring clips.

The rear quarter is unsightly with the camo on. Looks like horse riding pants thighs...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #328
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Aptly tuned for a vert it looks. Lots of body roll and diving under breaking. Luckily Galaxies away from the G8X cars in their ring clips.

The rear quarter is unsightly with the camo on. Looks like horse riding pants thighs...
Looks like a large barge.

Very unfortunate.
      05-26-2020, 05:08 PM   #329
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

To me the pattern on the grille looks different than the one on the video of the June 2nd release. Or maybe it looks all black.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #330
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
To me the pattern on the grille looks different than the one on the video of the June 2nd release. Or maybe it looks all black.
Grill-gate