Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e total indicated range - seems to use bizarre logic......

11-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #23
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejigsaw View Post
Ok, so I did a 31 mile journey this morning, starting with 16 miles battery. Drove in Eco-Pro mode and the battery emptied about 21 miles in. Stopped at destination, got back in, range said 460.

Drive less than a mile and it had dropped to 438, then after 5 miles, it was down to 383. So that's 77 mile drop in range for driving 5 miles sedately in Eco-Pro mode.

Tell me that's not bonkers...... 🙄
I'm minded it's got to be related to running out of battery, initially combining the battery capacity, as part of your 'previous' driving calculation. What amount of fuel are you carrying? Does it (once adjusted) realistically represent the range you'd expect for 'petrol only' mpg?

Quote:
Range

Principle

The range shows what distance can still be covered with the content of the fuel tank as well as energy in the high-voltage battery.

General
The range can be displayed as the range for electric driving or as the total range. The total range takes account of the content of the fuel tank as well as the electrical energy in the high voltage battery. If the preconditions for electric driving are not met, the total range only considers the content in the fuel tank.
Appreciate 0