BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions ESYS G20 coding - getting started

12-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #23
DEL451
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Must use Launcher Pro?

Sent email to Tokenmaster as well but reading other threads elsewhere, seems like the replies, donation and later info to download for Launcher Pro is few and far between.

Ok was able to install and where via E-Sys directly can connect to car. But when trying to open using Launcher Pro 2.8.2 via Tokenmaster download available get message that E-Sys 3.31 version is unsupported. Going to google around to see if can download earlier E-Sys version and if might work...

Last edited by DEL451; 12-05-2019 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:08 PM   #24
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL451 View Post
Sent email to Tokenmaster as well but reading other threads elsewhere, seems like the replies, donation and later info to download for Launcher Pro is few and far between.

Ok was able to install and where via E-Sys directly can connect to car. But when trying to open using Launcher Pro 2.8.2 via Tokenmaster download available get message that E-Sys 3.31 version is unsupported. Going to google around to see if can download earlier E-Sys version and if might work...
My understanding from my research and reading a lot of Almaretto posts, you need esys 3.27.1 or newer and launcher pro 3.4 or newer. Oldee versions of launcher pro may xonnect, but they wont have the mappings necessary to make sense of the truncated data
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #25
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
Quote:

My understanding from my research and reading a lot of Almaretto posts, you need esys 3.27.1 or newer and launcher pro 3.4 or newer. Oldee versions of launcher pro may xonnect, but they wont have the mappings necessary to make sense of the truncated data
It won't. I just tried. Hate to know how to code but don't have a way to get the tool. Tokenmaster is not responding.
      12-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #26
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x7 and 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It won't. I just tried. Hate to know how to code but don't have a way to get the tool. Tokenmaster is not responding.
I just got my code from tokenmaster today, so he appears to be back and he also posted an update
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #27
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmm12345 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just got my code from tokenmaster today, so he appears to be back and he also posted an update
Wow. Is there a tutorial somewhere i can follow to get the launcher? Instructions of how to donate and where to download the software?
      12-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #28
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow. Is there a tutorial somewhere i can follow to get the launcher? Instructions of how to donate and where to download the software?
I just send the $50 to his PayPal account at the beginning of the week, and just got an email with instructions and my access code
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #29
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just send the $50 to his PayPal account at the beginning of the week, and just got an email with instructions and my access code
How to get his paypal account?
      12-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #30
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's in this pdf with with instructions

https://mega.nz/#!H9AlBZKQ!-gkBqTBmY...vv7kh1WesW1l5g
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #31
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to use Launcher PRO, I accept a donation of US$50 or more as a primary form of payment for 2.5 years validity. You can donate to your local Children's Hospital or Breast Cancer institute and send me the receipt (email confirmation, no edited/redacted screenshots, absolutely no manual/scanned receipts please). If you don't have any of these, then to your charity of choice. If you think it's an inconvenience, then you can also PayPal (discrete, absolutely NO notes or comments or donation/payment indicator, US$ currency if possible) it to me at est4bmw@gmail.com and I will add it to my donation to St Jude Children's Hospital (http://www.stjude.org) and Breast Cancer Research Foundation (https://give.bcrfcure.org/checkout/d...8223&amount=50). 100% of the proceeds goes to these two foundations on 60/40 split. You can also donate to the above foundations yourself.
If you choose to use PayPal, select "Payment for service" and do not add any notes or comments other than your email address, if different from your PayPal ID. Never add the words "Donation" or "Payment". PayPal will block the transaction if there is a note and you will have to deal with them yourself.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #32
DEL451
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Tokenmaster replied

Likewise Tokenmaster replied to email used for PayPal account today and sent instructions including activation key. Did take 2 days after sending PayPal donation and emailing PayPal receipt to Tokenmaster gmail addy.

For a whiles was thinking not going to receive reply and went down the route of installing Launcher Pro 2.8.2. But the info is trimmed when connecting and no descriptions of what is what. To earlier reply, pretty much useless with 2.8.2 without the mapping and descriptions with newer Launcher Pro version from Tokenmaster. Was debating about going down Bimmercode route but received reply from Tokenmaster today.

Now waiting for USB C to Ethernet dongle to arrive to use ENET cable from before...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #33
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Likewise Tokenmaster replied to email used for PayPal account today and sent instructions including activation key. Did take 2 days after sending PayPal donation and emailing PayPal receipt to Tokenmaster gmail addy.

For a whiles was thinking not going to receive reply and went down the route of installing Launcher Pro 2.8.2. But the info is trimmed when connecting and no descriptions of what is what. To earlier reply, pretty much useless with 2.8.2 without the mapping and descriptions with newer Launcher Pro version from Tokenmaster. Was debating about going down Bimmercode route but received reply from Tokenmaster today.

Now waiting for USB C to Ethernet dongle to arrive to use ENET cable from before...
Thank u for the info! I will send the donation now. I have no issue paying/donating, but need to know I get what I need in return. Thanks
      12-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #34
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to use Launcher PRO, I accept a donation of US$50 or more as a primary form of payment for 2.5 years validity. You can donate to your local Children's Hospital or Breast Cancer institute and send me the receipt (email confirmation, no edited/redacted screenshots, absolutely no manual/scanned receipts please). If you don't have any of these, then to your charity of choice. If you think it's an inconvenience, then you can also PayPal (discrete, absolutely NO notes or comments or donation/payment indicator, US$ currency if possible) it to me at est4bmw@gmail.com and I will add it to my donation to St Jude Children's Hospital (http://www.stjude.org) and Breast Cancer Research Foundation (https://give.bcrfcure.org/checkout/d...8223&amount=50). 100% of the proceeds goes to these two foundations on 60/40 split. You can also donate to the above foundations yourself.
If you choose to use PayPal, select "Payment for service" and do not add any notes or comments other than your email address, if different from your PayPal ID. Never add the words "Donation" or "Payment". PayPal will block the transaction if there is a note and you will have to deal with them yourself.
I tried to send to est4bmw@gmail.com
But paypal select Philippine peso as the currency. Is this something alarming? The instruction says USD
      12-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #35
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But paypal select Philippine peso as the currency. Is this something alarming? The instruction says USD
I did it in US dollars without any issue
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #36
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can change in the PayPal option back to dollars
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #37
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can change in the PayPal option back to dollars
Sent the donation to him last Saturday. Has yet to hear back.
      12-10-2019, 07:02 AM   #38
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Got Esys Launcher pro from token master after 2 days!
      12-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #39
haruny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well.. this is interesting. I made a direct donation to a children hospital a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear from tokenmaster. People who made Paypal donations to him get his attention immediately.
Curious...
      12-10-2019, 10:10 AM   #40
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Does anyone know if this instruction video will work on the G20 to code back on adaptive headlights?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #41
Sling56
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

What is coasting?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #42
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling56 View Post
What is coasting?
When driving at a certain speed the gearbox is in neutral.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #43
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruny View Post
Quote:
Well.. this is interesting. I made a direct donation to a children hospital a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear from tokenmaster. People who made Paypal donations to him get his attention immediately.
Curious...
Honestly, I don't care where the money goes. Most people just want to pay and get the code
      12-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #44
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

For the people that played around with esys on the G20 chassis, have you found anything that you can code so that when the car is in hybrid/electric mode and you floor it (kick down) it automatically jumps into sport mode?
Can't believe such an obvious option is not built in.
Appreciate 0