Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G20 window problems

12-07-2019, 09:42 AM   #1
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

G20 window problems

2020 m340, September build. Driving today driver window needed more of a push to open than usual. Then went I went to close it lights in full switch died, mirrors won't fold even from fob. Randomly worked again long enough to close it. Now dead again.

Anyone have this happen ? If so what was the repair ?
Avoiding the dealer at all costs as my locals are brutally ran.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 03:29 AM   #2
jeremycanada
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BWM M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
2020 m340, September build. Driving today driver window needed more of a push to open than usual. Then went I went to close it lights in full switch died, mirrors won't fold even from fob. Randomly worked again long enough to close it. Now dead again.

Same as mine, when the switch died the blind spot warning, kick to open tailgate etc will be died too. It's because of the driver side mirror shortages ( that's my dealership told me, and I'm still waiting a new driver side mirror to fix it)
Attached Images

2018 Audi S5-
2020 Bmw M340i
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #3
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremycanada View Post
Quote:

Same as mine, when the switch died the blind spot warning, kick to open tailgate etc will be died too. It's because of the driver side mirror shortages ( that's my dealership told me, and I'm still waiting a new driver side mirror to fix it)
Ya exactly like mine. I unplugged the driver mirror and everything aside from that mirror functions work
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
jeremycanada
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BWM M340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ya exactly like mine. I unplugged the driver mirror and everything aside from that mirror functions work
Good to know you figured out 👍🏻👍🏻 take it to dealership, they will fix it
2018 Audi S5-
2020 Bmw M340i
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good to know you figured out 👍🏻👍🏻 take it to dealership, they will fix it
Yea it's going tomorrow. Gonna talk to the foreman. And if they need to order parts have them call me when it's in rather than leave it there and drive their x3 30
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #6
x986
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 340, ex e92 335, ex e46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Great analysis of the common(?) problem. Precisessc, how do you unplug the side mirror?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x986 View Post
Quote:
Great analysis of the common(?) problem. Precisessc, how do you unplug the side mirror?
You have to remove the entire upper trim, window down is best, use comfort open if needed.
Start at back by door lock area. Twist it away from
Window frame once free pull it down from upper door trim and work way down by mirror, squeeze the tab and unplug it.
Reinstall trim the same way. Carefully so you don't nick or damage the upper door panel
Appreciate 0