Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e finally ordered

08-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #45
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
I have some Portuguese colleagues over from Lisbon working on my project at the moment, they've been bemoaning the lack of a decent summer this year. 35 C seems ok to me. But then we bring them to the UK!? Poor fellows ;-) Can you share the Portuguese reviews? I'll get them to translate or see how Google does :-)

3.4l/100km is about 83MPG. If I get that on my route to work I'd be pretty happy, that's 20-25MPG more than I get from my diesel Mondeo, bumbling along at 60-65mph. I've only got 45 miles to do each way (+ can charge at work), although 90% of it is a 60MPH+ roads
Its true, this is was worse summer from the last 20 years, very low temperatures. But now it is finally ok.

The tests were done in Munich though, the high temperatures were there.

One of the tests was from a magazine that I bought, the other is a youtube video. You can search "Razao Automovel BMW 330e".

Both were very positive, they say the car is very fast, and feels very fast. They said that they surprised some real sports cars on the autobahn although limited to 230 kmh which it reaches easily... As I told they got 36 electric miles, 2 miles still available at the end of the test, did a total of 55 miles. Average 3.5 lt/100 kms, the throttle response is unbelievable.

For me the only downside is the 40 liters fuel tank...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #46
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Be interested to see what delivery time they quote. Mine (assuming it turns up on time) will be about 9 weeks from order to the dealer, they have then quoted circa 10 working days for PDI etc. (which seems like a long time, will have to push on this bit!). Anyway, still quicker than I thought it might be, it did jump around a lot during the first couple of weeks, post-order acceptance... now due to go into production next week, this seems pretty locked down now but it could be Monday 26th or Friday 30th, they just give you a "week commencing" date. !
BMW seem a lot quicker from order to delivery compared to our experiences with Mercedes. Like yours my C300h took a long time and it doesn't look to have improved, a colleague ordered a C300de at the end of July and has been Christmas as a probable delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #47
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Quote:
Be interested to see what delivery time they quote. Mine (assuming it turns up on time) will be about 9 weeks from order to the dealer, they have then quoted circa 10 working days for PDI etc. (which seems like a long time, will have to push on this bit!). Anyway, still quicker than I thought it might be, it did jump around a lot during the first couple of weeks, post-order acceptance... now due to go into production next week, this seems pretty locked down now but it could be Monday 26th or Friday 30th, they just give you a "week commencing" date. !
BMW seem a lot quicker from order to delivery compared to our experiences with Mercedes. Like yours my C300h took a long time and it doesn't look to have improved, a colleague ordered a C300de at the end of July and has been Christmas as a probable delivery date.
Yeah, I was quoted 4 months for my c300h initially but it slipped and slipped, eventually taking 6.5 months. And even then they didn't build it very well!? ;-) Considering it only actually takes a day or so to build a car then having to wait 6 months+ in this day and age is rubbish, it's basically money sitting on the shelf that they can't collect and a generally unhappy customer. What production status do you have on your 330e now, I'm still 5055...

Oh, turns out that the 10 days is from arrival in Southampton, not at the dealer. (Up to) 5 days to ship to dealer and (up to) 5 days for them to prep for delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #48
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
Its true, this is was worse summer from the last 20 years, very low temperatures. But now it is finally ok.

The tests were done in Munich though, the high temperatures were there.

One of the tests was from a magazine that I bought, the other is a youtube video. You can search "Razao Automovel BMW 330e".

Both were very positive, they say the car is very fast, and feels very fast. They said that they surprised some real sports cars on the autobahn although limited to 230 kmh which it reaches easily... As I told they got 36 electric miles, 2 miles still available at the end of the test, did a total of 55 miles. Average 3.5 lt/100 kms, the throttle response is unbelievable.

For me the only downside is the 40 liters fuel tank...
I have never filled more than 43 litres in my Mondeo Hybrid and I feel it is more than enough, to be fair. If range is decent, and looks like it is, I will reduce my petrol station visits from once a week to once a month )))
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #49
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Make sure you get ALD to give you the BMW order number (starts with a 4, 7 digits). Some folks haven't been able to get this from either the lease company or the supplying dealer. You can then use BMW Genius web chat to get the order/production status.

Be interested to see what delivery time they quote. Mine (assuming it turns up on time) will be about 9 weeks from order to the dealer, they have then quoted circa 10 working days for PDI etc. (which seems like a long time, will have to push on this bit!). Anyway, still quicker than I thought it might be, it did jump around a lot during the first couple of weeks, post-order acceptance... now due to go into production next week, this seems pretty locked down now but it could be Monday 26th or Friday 30th, they just give you a "week commencing" date.

Also very excited, especially given the reviews and indicated 30+ mile electric range. I was expecting about 25 miles but some folks have said the WLTP figure is pretty accurate. 35 miles would be amazing!
So, in short: car is built in what, like 1 day or so?

So if production day is next week, then you should get yours some time in september...

My delivery date in Arval system is still 14.10.2019 without a single update since july
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #50
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I was quoted 4 months for my c300h initially but it slipped and slipped, eventually taking 6.5 months. And even then they didn't build it very well!? ;-) Considering it only actually takes a day or so to build a car then having to wait 6 months+ in this day and age is rubbish, it's basically money sitting on the shelf that they can't collect and a generally unhappy customer. What production status do you have on your 330e now, I'm still 5055...

Oh, turns out that the 10 days is from arrival in Southampton, not at the dealer. (Up to) 5 days to ship to dealer and (up to) 5 days for them to prep for delivery.
Status yesterday was:-
The current status of your new BMW is 5100 "Bodyshop Start". Your new car will be progressing into production imminently. A chassis number has been allocated and your car is starting to take shape with all your chosen features and finishes. Based on your order date, the latest that your order will arrive will be the week commencing {16/09}

Mind you last Monday it was:-
Your new BMW has now reached the paint shop, where it will receive five separate layers of high-quality colour and finish that meet the exacting standards set by BMW.

Based on your order date, the latest that your order will arrive will be the week commencing 16th September.

So a week to paint it? Seem unlikely, will check with them again this Friday rather than Monday in case BMW Genius takes the Bank Holiday.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #51
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Status yesterday was:-
The current status of your new BMW is 5100 "Bodyshop Start". Your new car will be progressing into production imminently. A chassis number has been allocated and your car is starting to take shape with all your chosen features and finishes. Based on your order date, the latest that your order will arrive will be the week commencing {16/09}

Mind you last Monday it was:-
Your new BMW has now reached the paint shop, where it will receive five separate layers of high-quality colour and finish that meet the exacting standards set by BMW.

Based on your order date, the latest that your order will arrive will be the week commencing 16th September.

So a week to paint it? Seem unlikely, will check with them again this Friday rather than Monday in case BMW Genius takes the Bank Holiday.
Maybe you're the lucky one who gets the hand painted car ;-)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 11:14 AM   #52
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Haha, 😊
Fine with that as long as you can't see the brush strokes
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #53
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Haha, 😊
Fine with that as long as you can't see the brush strokes
I did have AirFix model in my head... ;-)
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #54
Albmw1977
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Lux f30

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albmw1977 View Post
Hi All
Just ordered a 330e M Sport (via ALD as a company car) - just waiting to hear back that it's been processed at BMW.... Then we'll see how long it takes them to build/deliver it - well excited!
My spec:
• Loudspeaker System-harman/Kardon
• Portimao Blue
• Aluminium Mesheffect Interior Trim
• Premium Package
• M Sport Plus Package
• Enhanced Bluetooth+wireless Charging
Make sure you get ALD to give you the BMW order number (starts with a 4, 7 digits). Some folks haven't been able to get this from either the lease company or the supplying dealer. You can then use BMW Genius web chat to get the order/production status.

Be interested to see what delivery time they quote. Mine (assuming it turns up on time) will be about 9 weeks from order to the dealer, they have then quoted circa 10 working days for PDI etc. (which seems like a long time, will have to push on this bit!). Anyway, still quicker than I thought it might be, it did jump around a lot during the first couple of weeks, post-order acceptance... now due to go into production next week, this seems pretty locked down now but it could be Monday 26th or Friday 30th, they just give you a "week commencing" date.

Also very excited, especially given the reviews and indicated 30+ mile electric range. I was expecting about 25 miles but some folks have said the WLTP figure is pretty accurate. 35 miles would be amazing!
Thanks. Will ask BMW for order number.
They emailed me today to say ALD had asked them to process the order and gave me a delivery date to dealer of 21/10/19 (plus 1 week to prep and deliver to me).
Mind you a colleague who's ordered the same car was quoted 18-20 weeks.....!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 05:35 PM   #55
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi All
Just ordered a 330e M Sport (via ALD as a company car) - just waiting to hear back that it's been processed at BMW.... Then we'll see how long it takes them to build/deliver it - well excited!
My spec:
• Portimao Blue
• Premium Package
• M Sport Plus Package

Thanks. Will ask BMW for order number.
They emailed me today to say ALD had asked them to process the order and gave me a delivery date to dealer of 21/10/19 (plus 1 week to prep and deliver to me).
Mind you a colleague who's ordered the same car was quoted 18-20 weeks.....!
There will be a rush on when "mainstream" (i.e. not geeky people who frequent BMW forums ;-) ) cotton on to the benefits. It may have started given that the car has been available to order for 6-7 weeks now. I've told lots of colleagues about it...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:06 AM   #56
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
There will be a rush on when "mainstream" (i.e. not geeky people who frequent BMW forums ;-) ) cotton on to the benefits. It may have started given that the car has been available to order for 6-7 weeks now. I've told lots of colleagues about it...
Very true, I have been too and expect lots to order, although a few are holding out for the Touring 330e. The multitude of mainly positive reviews will have had an effect too.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 03:28 AM   #57
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

@tricky6 you mentioned about tethered cable. I am actually also considering this.

Is there any company in particular you are looking at, are you applying for OLEV grant (500£) and can you apply for it if it's a company car?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 06:00 AM   #58
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusnu View Post
@tricky6 you mentioned about tethered cable. I am actually also considering this.

Is there any company in particular you are looking at, are you applying for OLEV grant (500£) and can you apply for it if it's a company car?
So I had to go for a universal socket in the end, I need around 9-10m of cable to reach the car and tethered were only 5-7m. I've gone with BPChargemaster. They seem to get the most consistent reviews. I did talk to a few others but got the feeling they were overwhelmed, one took 2 weeks to respond to my initial enquiry!?

It cost £449 inc the £500 grant and £210 for a 10m bright orange cable which I'll take with me out and about.

Unit should be fitted a week Friday, lead time for fitting is about 2 weeks. Arval will complete the paperwork for getting the grant/proof of order.

My Arval order hasn't shown any updates since 17th July but I'm guessing their current delivery date of 30th Sept will be pretty much spot on.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 06:12 AM   #59
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So I had to go for a universal socket in the end, I need around 9-10m of cable to reach the car and tethered were only 5-7m. I've gone with BPChargemaster. They seem to get the most consistent reviews. I did talk to a few others but got the feeling they were overwhelmed, one took 2 weeks to respond to my initial enquiry!?

It cost £449 inc the £500 grant and £210 for a 10m bright orange cable which I'll take with me out and about.

Unit should be fitted a week Friday, lead time for fitting is about 2 weeks. Arval will complete the paperwork for getting the grant/proof of order.

My Arval order hasn't shown any updates since 17th July but I'm guessing their current delivery date of 30th Sept will be pretty much spot on.
Yeah. I talked with POD Point - they quote me 289 after 500 grant for the ~5m cable with 3 week lead time (reasonable). Althought I am still thinking some other options..

Arval showes 14th of October which is exact date of expiry of my current ALD lease and I think arval will not ship my car before the date anyway...well, less than 2 months left anyway
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #60
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Latest update on my order from BMW Genius which gives me a feeling of deja by.

'At the moment, your BMW 330e M Sport has now reached the paint shop, where it will receive five separate layers of high-quality colour and finish that meet the exacting standards set by BMW.'

This is exactly the same update that they gave last Monday 12th August, so 10 days being painted .......definitely hand painted 😳

Anyone know if this is usual or is the production line stopped for the summer?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #61
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

My car is also delayed, already almost 20 days stuck on the BMW car park in Germany ready to be shipped... Maybe because of the holidays?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #62
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
My car is also delayed, already almost 20 days stuck on the BMW car park in Germany ready to be shipped... Maybe because of the holidays?
Yes, I think you are right, just looked at the BMW World website https://www.bmw-welt.com/en/experien...kfuehrung.html
It says the BMW Group Plant will remain closed in the following time periods:
12/08/2019 - 23/8/2019
So nothing happening until after the 23rd, a shame the BMW Genius couldn't have said that.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 08:25 AM   #63
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

It’s the summer plant shut down. It’s closed for two weeks reopening I believe 24/8
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #64
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
It’s the summer plant shut down. It’s closed for two weeks reopening I believe 24/8
Ah, so the ability for them to start production this week was a bit of a porky... Wonder if that will have a knock on impact on mine which is due to start production on Monday... We shall see :-)

20 days sat waiting for shipping is a bit poor, wonder whether that's just because they don't want any cars "out to the public" before September?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #65
Albmw1977
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Lux f30

Quote:
Quote:
Hi All
My spec:
• Portimao Blue
• Premium Package
• M Sport Plus Package

Update....!
Got my order number from ALD - BMW genius say it's yet to go into build but have given a completion date of 21/10/19 'at the latest'
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #66
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Update....!
Got my order number from ALD - BMW genius say it's yet to go into build but have given a completion date of 21/10/19 'at the latest'
A helpful lease company, wow! ;-) So guess your code is 1100 which is order received but not scheduled? I had that for about a month and then it skipped on to 5055 (production scheduled but not started) and has been there for the last 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0