Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Are these G20 myths ??

11-27-2019, 04:03 PM   #23
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

Is there not some kind of regulation around webasto type auxiliary heaters in the UK? Not very common at all - presume something to do with either emissions, safety etc?

330e has it right enough - but different kettle of fish with battery involvement - can’t wait to get mine!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 01:53 AM   #24
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderarmour View Post
No, pre air cooling will not defrost the windscreen, I have tried this but it didn't defrost anything.
It does on a 330e + puts the heated seats on. It does drain quite a bit of power from the battery if it's not plugged in and if the battery is low it won't activate.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:03 AM   #25
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
It does on a 330e + puts the heated seats on. It does drain quite a bit of power from the battery if it's not plugged in and if the battery is low it won't activate.
Does the cabin interior heat up quicker than a standard ICE car due to the perceived lack of need for the engine to heat up a bit?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 05:33 AM   #26
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranester1983 View Post
Does the cabin interior heat up quicker than a standard ICE car due to the perceived lack of need for the engine to heat up a bit?
yes. it uses EAC - Electrical air con - it heats up instantly (by that, I mean 1 minute or so)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 08:09 AM   #27
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisma View Post
Coasting manually, I have done this, yiu just need to push the gear lever forward without pressing the side button. This puts the car in neutral and allows you to coast, not sure why you would need it though
I use it in dense traffic
A friend called that "hillbilly overdrive."

I don't know why you'd want to shift into neutral in heavy traffic. You lose engine braking and the ability to accelerate as well. Nothing like hitting the gas and having it rev without doing anything...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 09:38 AM   #28
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentop63 View Post
2. The user guide states the car can be put into coasting manually, having tried this technique via the paddles many times, I am still unable to make this happen ??
Let go of the acceleration pedal. Pull the upshit paddle few times in quick succession. Pulling 3 times always doing the trick. Sometimes two quick upshifts is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
If you are coasting down a slope in Eco Pro mode and the slope steepens , will the car increase speed (accelerate) ?
Yes, the speed will increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisma View Post
Coasting manually, I have done this, yiu just need to push the gear lever forward without pressing the side button. This puts the car in neutral and allows you to coast, not sure why you would need it though
I use it in dense traffic
I'm afraid You are doing it wrong. Your are just putting your car in Neutral. Coasting mode is something else. In Eco mode it will do it itself often, in comfort mode occasionally.

You can trigger it yourself by pulling the upshit paddle few times in quick succession. You don't have to be in Eco mode to do it. I'm using it often. Why? When I don't need/want engine braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
A friend called that "hillbilly overdrive."

I don't know why you'd want to shift into neutral in heavy traffic. You lose engine braking and the ability to accelerate as well. Nothing like hitting the gas and having it rev without doing anything...
As I mention above, coasting mode is not the same as sticking it in neutral. In coasting mode as soon as you press the acceleration pedal you have normal drive. When you press the brake pedal it will start engine braking as well.
It's a great feature in my opinion.

Last edited by hamera; 11-29-2019 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 09:50 AM   #29
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusnu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Just looked on RealOEM, and selected the 320d model. LHD models (for Europe) have the auxiliary heating option, including the full parts listing. RHD, (for Europe) no matching parts...
because, imho, this is applicable/useful in Nordic countries only.
I have the option included (Switzerland).

Pretty usefull and saves a lot of time cleaning the windshield/car. And it is always pre heated in the car.

The option comes with the display key wich allows you to start the aux heating remotly (incl time)
Attached Images