Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Any Way To Go Back To Old Software without voiding Warranty?

04-27-2021, 07:23 PM   #1
Narek_M4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I

Any Way To Go Back To Old Software without voiding Warranty?

Anyone know how you can go back to the older software's? I really miss the loud pops and burbles my car used to have and I'm wondering if there's any steps I can take to go back to what I had before without voiding warranty. Does anyone know of anything? Greatly appreciated for any tips.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 10:32 PM   #2
Not_Speeding
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330, 2023 BMW M4

Garage List
I don't think there's a way to revert back to the "old software". The pops and burbles has more to do with how the ECU is tuned. So if you want the pops and burbles you're gonna have to mess with the ECU which will void warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 11:27 PM   #3
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narek_M4 View Post
Anyone know how you can go back to the older software's? I really miss the loud pops and burbles my car used to have and I'm wondering if there's any steps I can take to go back to what I had before without voiding warranty. Does anyone know of anything? Greatly appreciated for any tips.
I don't think so (I'm about 99% confident) - that said I would put a call into Mission Performance (I'm tuned with them) Alex is a master...if anyone can give you a straight answer on this it would be him. I would give him a call next week during business hours. I'm guessing it's going to be a quick "no" but who knows.

He does a lot of unpublicized DME work for Toyota (with their B58 Supra) and has been the first to crack many BMW DMEs....so I'm confident he would be able to give you a quick & straight answer. Mission Performance is the only tuner that has been hired by an oem to work and provide consultation on the B58 so he knows his poop....his understanding of the platform is that good

Let us know what you find out

Last edited by chenry; 05-01-2021 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Once flashed the warranty is void anyway so might as well have your tuner set the pops and bangs how you want exactly!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #5
Narek_M4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I

Just called Alex basically said he that it will void so I'm stuck to no pops. So stupid how some cars that are taken into the dealer don't get the car updated and mine did so now I sound like a Prius
Appreciate 0