Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications xDelete w/ Highly Modified 330i Review

04-20-2024, 04:17 PM   #1
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
xDelete w/ Highly Modified 330i Review

Recently flashed xDelete on my 330i xDrive and here is my experience.

Currently custom tuned by LCP Tune with IPOS IM450 aftermarket turbo. Straight pipe exhaust, OEM muffler. Making roughly 380whp running 98+oct with the support of Boostane mix per fill of Petro-Canada 94oct. Replaced OEM adaptive dampers with Bilstein EVO S coilovers.

Car steering became more ‘fun’ and has a certain nimble feel to it. Can very easily slide the rear with DSC off. Without MDM mode it drives fine, but you will always think twice before going fast into corners.

Prior to xDelete, the security of xDrive while cornering makes the car feel very planted and stable. Now the car feels like it has less resistance when turning and is definitely more engaging to drive. Any jerkiness is smoothed out also while in RWD.

You definitely don’t want to be flashed on xDelete with DSC off messing around in inclement weather conditions. You will 100% crash the car. I feel like xDrive made the car too comfortable and easy to drive. RWD mode feels like it’s much faster even though it’s not. In rain, 1st gear is 0 traction. 2nd gear you have traction till you floor it and it breaks loose. 3rd is where the fun is at, borderline holding traction and definitely feeling very dangerous.

I feel like the braking is smoother with RWD.

You can also try 10:90 or 30:70 power splits. Tried M xDrive and it’s cool and all but is not all too different from just normal xDrive. I feel like 10:90 or fully RWD is the best setting. Other than that you’re better off with xDrive fully on. You can also do 50:50, which feels like a train. The car has such amazing traction that you can go fast and forget about it.

I’ve flashed back to xDrive and it just drives how it normally does. No codes or faults. Seems like the issues surrounding older xDelete releases have really been rounded out for G-platform. If you do your transmission services I wouldn’t worry, pay the small price to have fun.

Enjoy your xDelete, 100% worth the money.

Full list of my car mods for anyone interested is below:

- IPOS IM450 aftermarket turbocharger
- Armaspeed Alloy Intake
- FTP charge pipe
- Custom aluminum turbo inlet
- Straight piped fully catless exhaust with OEM muffler
- Vibrant resonator
- Dinan ignition coils
- Bilstein EVO S coilovers
- UltraRacing engine one piece strut bar
- UltraRacing one piece rear strut bar
- NGK 96206 laser-iridium spark plugs