Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions G20 EPS Coding

11-23-2023, 03:40 PM   #1
errorman
Registered
Rep
Drives: f10 520d/g20 330i/g30 520d/f06

Exclamation G20 EPS Coding

Hello Guys
such a newly registered user here that missed such a goldmine like bimmerpost . anyway i hope everyone is having a great day!
So my g20 B48D 330i non xdrive, rack is water damaged and dealer tried to rip me off like 3000 euro + labour. so i was searching for a replacement rack that unfortunately i couldn't find one that have the same part number as one on my car, now i am looking for g20 rack with different part number so i have a few questions;

1- i really dont know if i have the s2vla aka variable sport steering ? and does it matter on the new used rack i am going to buy??
2- if the new rack doesn't have variable sport steering and my old one has, it can be coded or not?
3- the new used rack (i have thyssen rack) and i will buy thyssen rack again, can be programmed for my car with all functions such as lane keep auto parking etc will work with used rack that i buy?
4- does it matter if its xdrive or not?
5- can it be remotely coded by a guy here that has a good rep that i can trust ?
6- in picture attached below what does this number means? is it important? ive seen A3X,A4D,A7X because i am trying to find same one as that number (just trying to be sure that rack will fit)
thank you for your time!

thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 01:02 PM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

You can decode your vin and check if you have 2VL. The FA can be modify and eps coded without 2VL but its better you get correct part. The correct rack can be coded and will work as expected. I can code it remotely using ENET cable. Pm me if interested.
If you use part numbers it should show you if its compatible or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 02:03 AM   #3
errorman
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
You can decode your vin and check if you have 2VL. The FA can be modify and eps coded without 2VL but its better you get correct part. The correct rack can be coded and will work as expected. I can code it remotely using ENET cable. Pm me if interested.
If you use part numbers it should show you if its compatible or not.
thank you for your reply, ive decoded vin like you said and i have 2VL. so from now on i will check thyssen racks with 2VL.
i have every equipment you need for you to code it remotely.
i use part numbers but the new part numbers include letters unlike old ones with just numbers. icant seem to have a match with the letters part numbers is there any way to have all numeric part numbers for the letter&number combined part numbers?
what you mean "FA"? and lets assume i get rack without 2VL so that means after its coded, 2VL is not available for me?
and i am new on forum cant send pm's could you send me please?
thank you

edit: oh now i see what you mean by FA so it will be removed from my car option so it wont be available am i right?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 01:34 AM   #4
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

The part numbers is the only thing that is important, the lettering might be some sort of identification.
You can code the car without 2VL.
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 08:41 AM   #5
errorman
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
The part numbers is the only thing that is important, the lettering might be some sort of identification.
You can code the car without 2VL.
PM sent
i cant seem to find part number
there is just sticker of bmw thyssen on the rack
edit: i know the top one is the part number but i cant seem to find anything online regarding which car it came off or which car it is supposed to fit?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 09:07 AM   #6
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

part number should start with 3210-XXXXXX like 32107915502
Appreciate 0