Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Just upgraded to full screen CarPlay and it's so much better! 2018 BMW M5 F90

03-15-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
steve_oh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5 F90

Just upgraded to full screen CarPlay and it's so much better! 2018 BMW M5 F90

I had full screen CarPlay when I purchased my F90 and did not even realize it had been upgraded from split screen... I had my car serviced a couple months ago and they must have done an update, so when I got my car back the carplay was split screen and had no option to turn it off. When you turned split screen off in the menu it would just have a blank box where a split screen item would normally be, and the carplay items looked awful jammed in to that tiny area.

I did as much research as i could and finally found a pattern of people recommending using kubax86 to upgrade the software. Needless to say, i was a bit nervous completing the process on my car... I did not need to be though! It worked perfectly! kubax86 had simple and great directions and everything was a breeze - now it looks like it did before and it is soooo much better! Thanks again kubax86.

Here is kubax86 profile https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=352114

Here is the link i found the upgrade i used... https://bimmer-remote.com/products/c...ideo-in-motion
Appreciate 0